32 GB iPhone

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by icedawg33, Mar 17, 2008.

1. icedawg33 macrumors newbie

Anyone hear rumors about a 32 GB iPhone coming out in June? I am thinking about buying an iPhone, but I don't want to pull the trigger too soon.

2. Markleshark macrumors 603

Markleshark

At some point there will undoubtedly be a larger capacity iPhone, but no one knows when.

3. emotion macrumors 68040

emotion

If Apple were smart they'd save that jump for when the next real hardware revision comes along (either that or use the storage bump to hide the lack of a revision). With that in mind I'd like to see the 3G iPhone with 32GB and other hardware improvements.

For that I predict November at the earliest. Though, as I say in other threads, I'd love to see that be earlier.

4. drb6 macrumors regular

The only thing we can be pretty certain about is that there will be a new version before the end of the year but its hard to say what that will include although a capacity bump is highly likely and so is 3G..SJ and others involved have said so.

5. zainjetha macrumors 6502a

32GB would be very good as i would be able to fit my 20gb itunes music library... put a few episodes of tv shows to watch on train... a few music videos.. a few podcasts... a few applications...

i can imagine people being happy about this as those with 20gb or more libraries have to lug around an iPhone and iPod when they go on journeys etc.. this is just the ONE DEVICE THAT DOES IT ALL.... THATS WHAT IM LOOKING FORWARD TO --- IPOD, DIGITAL CAMERA, PHONE ALL IN ONE...

would be absolutely brilliant. however i reckon Uncle Steve will save the 32GB 3G iPhone till end of year as it will take a lot of time to develop and it would greatly annoy those who have purchased a 16gb Iphone...

Carefully watch to see if 8gb stocks of iPhones are running short throughout
    1) America
    2) United Kingdom
    3) Germany
    4) Austria
    5) Ireland

Once 8GB iPhone is discontinued that is a huge giveaway....

I CANT WAIT TO HAVE MY ULTIMATE DEVICE IN MY POCKET AND THAT BE IT...

6. neilford macrumors member

This begs for a response ;-)

7. alecapple macrumors regular

Buy it for what you need now, it wouldnt make sense to wait for a 32gig iphone when you only need 16 or less, they will always come out with better products at lower prices.

8. JamesMcCain macrumors member

JamesMcCain

wait, this doesn't already exist? lol

9. otep1760 macrumors regular

otep1760

im also guessing that it will come out around november, or even be announced around january.

with the SDK coming out, the firmware will be 1.2.0 according to the new videos posted through out the internet. so i think theyll save iPhone 2.0 for the new design and higher capacities. a little closer to the end of most peoples contracts

10. WardC macrumors 68030

WardC

A *64GB* iPhone (leaked)

This is really interesting...Apparently Apple's planning a *64GB* iPhone just around the corner...WOW. We're almost up to iPod classic size...almost.

[​IMG]

The Serial # on the iPhone is covered for security reasons

11. TravisReynolds macrumors regular

TravisReynolds

Amen!

12. Masizzle macrumors member

I'm also waiting for 32 gigs so I can make the switch... well.. that and a slide out QWERTY :D

But if that doesn't happen I'll settle for 32 gigs.. the only downside is that I know it's gonna run me close to 1000 dollars when the smoke clears.

13. thegoldenmackid macrumors 604

thegoldenmackid

because clearly the serial must be covered for an unreleased product

14. Masizzle macrumors member

No, he's telling the truth.... I found one for 128 gigs!

zomg!!1!

[​IMG]

15. theLimit macrumors 6502a

theLimit

• 32GB+
    • Video recording capability
    • Flash for camera

Then I'll buy one.

16. thegoldenmackid macrumors 604

thegoldenmackid

you realize the flash is going to cause problems with design, battery life and probably wont improve the camera that much

17. Masizzle macrumors member

^yup.. screw camera flash..

They need a memory card slot, a slide out QWERTY, video recording and MMS capabilities. Oh and 3G

18. WardC macrumors 68030

WardC

Definite yes on Video Capture. Heck, even 15fps 320x240 would be OK for me. Also nice would be some form of zoom capability for the camera. I am also hoping Apple will make a clip-on dock connecting hardware keyboard mechanism that extends onto the bottom of the unit. The little on-screen keyboard is quite annoying. The best asset of the iPhone is the large beautiful screen and the full-functioning Safari browser...making it able to view fullsize web pages and photos. And yes, EDGE is slow. It's time we move up.

19. thegoldenmackid macrumors 604

thegoldenmackid

that would be the point of increasing the overall flash

not going to happen, its all touch screen w/ one button for a reason

that would be a software update

agreed

20. Masizzle macrumors member

Damn it mackid.. I can dream can't I?

Is a qwerty too much to ask? I have fullfigured fingers that are typically covered with chicken grease.... buttons are just WAY easier :(

21. thegoldenmackid macrumors 604

thegoldenmackid

unfortunately ugglier

22. christopher3071 macrumors regular

I'm in the same boat as you. My verizon contract is up June 20. God I hope there's a revision by then.

23. Edwardz macrumors regular

That's a gruesome picture I just imagined. Stop eating chicken and work fast with your hands mi hombre!

24. Masizzle macrumors member

I disagree about it being much ugglier... I think if the iphone continues to get more and more popular they will offer different styles and designs.. much like the two versions of the sidekick that exist etc.

In the mean time I'll stick with my HTC S710... sure it runs windows mobile but I have an SD slot, a qwerty, wifi, mms, video and a sweet design... just not "Apple sweet"...

[​IMG]