3D Touch - Never use it

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Pagemakers, Oct 15, 2015.

1. Pagemakers macrumors 68020

Pagemakers

Got an iphone 6S plus and I'm finding I hardly ever use 3D Touch.

Talking to 2 friends with the same phone and like me they never use it.

On messages it's a farce. God knows which contact will appear when you use the app.

Mail. Don't see where it saves time.

Contacts. Useless.

Twitter. No speed saving.

WhatsApp. What's the point?

I could go on and on but for me I really don't get this feature at all.

2. eyoungren macrumors P6

eyoungren

3. Small White Car macrumors G4

Small White Car

99% of my 3D touch use is on Safari links. I love it so much that now I miss it in Facebook and my RSS reader. It's a fantastic feature.

I noticed you didn't mention Safari. Just haven't discovered that yet?

4. dumastudetto macrumors 68020

i use it all the time in all the apps that support it. It's incredibly intuitive and a delightful new way to navigate through life more seamlessly. As above, it's amazing to use in Safari. I totally love it.

5. Pagemakers thread starter macrumors 68020

Pagemakers

Just tried it in safari. It's actually faster to click a link and swipe back then press and hold and link while the page displays.

6. ajanini macrumors member

ajanini

I use it all the time for switching between apps.
    Also love the touchpad feature for navigating the cursor.
    Hope more apps make use of it.

7. Pagemakers thread starter macrumors 68020

Pagemakers

Switching between apps. Explain?

8. Small White Car macrumors G4

Small White Car

Reaching back and forth to the edge of your screen instead of just leaving your thumb where it is seems way slower to me. Feels like using the mouse to close Mac apps instead of hitting Command-Q.

But ok, you don't like it. Can't argue with that. But I sure miss it in any app that doesn't support it.

9. gimmmick macrumors member

gimmmick

Hold down on a left side of the phone (as if you are 3d touching an app) and swipe to the left. It will save you usage of a beat up home button in the years to come imo.

10. Pagemakers thread starter macrumors 68020

Pagemakers

Don't get you. Tried that in half a dozen apps or outside apps and nothing happens...

11. adamhenry macrumors 65816

adamhenry

Agree with you except for swiping left. It works better for me swiping right.

12. Pagemakers thread starter macrumors 68020

Pagemakers

Ahh, just googled how to do it. Thanks. Guess it will take some getting used to. For me double clicking the home button is faster.

13. ovo6 macrumors 6502a

With 3D Touch can switch between the last to apps fast or just go to multitask

14. IphoneIssues macrumors 65816

I know I didn't use it, up until two days ago, because I forgot I had it. I already know that the majority of what I'll be using it on will be popping links, without actually opening them.

Who knows if there will be some app I'll be using a lot soon which takes advantage of this.

15. TheMacApple macrumors regular

When I hard press on left, it only brings up one window slowly. How does one do it faster. Just wondering thanks

16. sunking101 macrumors 603

sunking101

I use it now and again, but only because it's there. My world hasn't turned on its head due to this amazing new 'game changing' feature. I don't believe that it really saves any appreciable time, it's just a different way of doing things.

I can still type way faster 'au naturel' than someone who uses predictive text, and that is actually a time saving feature for poor typers. 3D Touch not so much.

17. penajmz macrumors 68030

penajmz

I use it a lot in Instagram and now Tweetbot just to peek at the pictures without having to open them. Also to see my dog move on my lock screen.

18. throwthedice macrumors regular

I used to get my favorites when I 3D Touch the phone icon on the home screen. A restore later, it's gone. Always on 9.0.2. Any idea how I can get it back?

19. Lobwedgephil macrumors 68040

Lobwedgephil

Yep, the tweetbot integration is my favorite. I use it all the time.

20. sunking101 macrumors 603

sunking101

I've never had anything except the create a new contact and type a new SMS. I've done three clean installs for other issues, and set up as new each time but am still to see any change.

21. pantlesspenguin macrumors newbie

pantlesspenguin

I use it on Reddit and to quickly enter a new calendar event or alarm. I don't use it in messages or email at all. I sometimes use it as a task switcher but I'm just so accustomed to double tapping the home button.

22. mcdj macrumors G3

mcdj

In the photos app, if you force touch a thumbnail, then swipe up on the preview, you can select "copy", an ability which is otherwise gone from the photo app when viewing full size photos, unless you use the sheet button.

23. WarcraftWidow macrumors member

I use it for the task switcher and in Mesaages to peek at the message without it being marked as Read. I like to use it in photos as well.

24. ovo6 macrumors 6502a

Do it like u goin back on a page but 3D Touch, u have to do it all the way to the right don't let it go if u let it go it bring up the app switcher

25. HEK Suspended

HEK

I pick up my iPad Air 2 and get irritated when I push and 3D Touch isn't there. Then I remember only on my 6s Plus. That's how accustomed I already have become with it. As more apps ad it by next phone it will be a must have for majority of people.