3G S iPhone Owners: Do you look at other non-iPhone users with distain?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by braddick, Jul 2, 2009.

1. braddick macrumors 68040

braddick

Alright, not really distain, but with some confusion? I know there are many options in the higher end cell phone department but honestly, I don't get those who purchase new phones and don't really even take the time to consider the iPhone.

I see them all around my on the train ride to work each morning (I commute from Encinitas to San Diego). Sparkling new phones, but not the iPhone.

Possibly I'm the one who needs to take the blinders off, but really, if I wasn't an iPhone user and I was definitely in the market for a new phone- why wouldn't I purchase the iPhone?

Less rhetorical than it sounds, I'd really like to know.

2. ppilone macrumors 6502

3. waterskier2007 macrumors 68000

waterskier2007

uhhhh idk maybe because the minimum of 60 bucks a month for a plan???

4. D1G1T4L macrumors 68000

D1G1T4L

Can't say it bothers me on what phone others decide to use.

5. maflynn Moderator

maflynn

Staff Member

No of course not. I'm not that arrogant to think that my phone is the end all be all. It fits my needs which is great but there are plenty of other phones out there at suit others needs better.

Not every one likes the iPhone or apple for that matter or likes the design or the the features and its incredibly arrogant to look down on those that chose other phones.

6. pelicanflip macrumors 6502a

maybe they don't have at&t. or maybe they can't afford to buy a brand new iphone. or maybe not everyone is in love with apple products.

ever considered those factors?

7. iGuardian macrumors 6502a

iGuardian

There's many reasons.

1. Network: The user may not like the network the iPhone is on or may like the other network but would have to pay a rediculous cancellation fee (in my case it's $400 with Rogers). Or they could really like their plan.

2. Money: They may not want to spend the money to jump networks, or see the point of buying an iPhone because data costs too much.

3. Need: Not everyone sees the need for an iPhone. People see it as overkill sometimes.

4. Thinking Different: People may not want to have an iPhone for the same reason some don't want iPods. It shows "conformity" and "everyone has one."

8. HarrisonB macrumors 6502

Only towards people with blackberry storms. That phone sucks.

9. marksman macrumors 603

marksman

No. But it would be like looking at people who were less intelligent than me or less well off than me with disdain.

Do I feel sorry for them? Certainly. But I do not look at them with disdain.

10. eawmp1 macrumors 601

eawmp1

Unless you are incredibly shallow, I would hope no one would seriously look down on anyone else's choice of phone. If you need a phone/computer/car/deigner handbag to feel special, you got a lot of self-work and discovery to do in your life. However, an iPhone can make you feel better about a small schlong :cool:

11. bossxii macrumors 68000

LOL exactly...:eek:

12. samcraig macrumors P6

this thread is one of the most ridiculous I've ever read.

Is the OP serious?

I don't give a rat's "you know what" what phone anyone else has. Who cares? Enjoy the phone you have. People have different wants and needs.

The iPhone like any device has it's positives and negatives. Maybe they're looking at YOU thinking how could you buy an iPhone when there are so many better phones are the market.

What makes YOU special?

Jeesh

13. -Ryan- macrumors 68000

Maybe people just want a phone. The iPhone isn't the most intuitive phone in the world, nor does it have the best SMS sending ability. I love my iPhone, but in the normal phone department it is lightyears behind even the cheapest handsets available.

14. allymac macrumors member

What this person said. Very wise words.

Original poster, your attitude is what kept me away from apple products for a long time. You need to get your head out of your backside.

15. macboy4 macrumors regular

No, but I look upon with disdain those who misspell disdain.

16. eawmp1 macrumors 601

eawmp1

LOL! Touche`

17. Que macrumors 6502

what does distain mean?

i can tell you one thing, i look upon people that can't spell with a considerable amount of DISDAIN.

:rolleyes:

18. Unspoken Demise macrumors 68040

Unspoken Demise

As I walk down the street I scream obscenities at ANYONE that doesn't have an iPhone. I then proceed to show off my fancy "copy and paste" feature. I also describe the romantic bond the voice-control lady and I have. Then I show them iFart and my compass! :rolleyes:

19. Que macrumors 6502

you beat me you git :p

20. iOrlando macrumors 68000

i think what the OP meant was why would someone go out and spend money on a brand new phone that you know isn't as good as the iphone..

1) cost
    2) no need for iphone
    3) apple hatred.

that pretty much sums it up.

its like saying why would people go out and spend money on a brand new honda when you can buy a porsche.

1) cost
    2) no need for porsche
    3) porsche hatred.

21. GoCubsGo macrumors Nehalem

GoCubsGo

Disdain? Hardly. I couldn't care less what phone people use.

22. matttye macrumors 601

The iPhone software is amazing but the hardware sucks. No camera flash? Speakers aren't great.

23. macboy4 macrumors regular

awesome

24. tayshon macrumors 6502a

tayshon

No, I only care what me and hubby use. I have more important things to worry about.

25. aidricksdad macrumors regular

aidricksdad

if i see anyone with another type of phone i just spit in thier face and quietly walk away ashamed that my eyes had to witness such a foul act

then i seam to always wake up in a hospital not knowing what happened and strangly with a black eye?
    any ideas?