Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

GoCubsGo

macrumors Nehalem
Feb 19, 2005
The preview to the 10pm news in Chicago just said, "and find out where people are buying PS3s for less than $40."

This is going to get ugly for Amazon if they don't honor the typo. I know they can wiggle out of it with ease but now it's on the news. I don't know.

Rodimus Prime

macrumors G4
Oct 9, 2006
This is going to get ugly for Amazon if they don't honor the typo. I know they can wiggle out of it with ease but now it's on the news. I don't know.

I bet Amazon will take the bad PR hit. More so target will take it as well. Reason for that is most people will understand it is a Typo. They do not want to have to pay out who knows how much in losses.

Theclamshell

macrumors 68030
Mar 2, 2009

Do you think they will be forced to honor them? I bought one when it said out of stock but i still bought it.

GoCubsGo

macrumors Nehalem
Feb 19, 2005
I too bought when they were out of stock. I am unsure but bad press often pushes a company towards doing things they don't like to do. This typo has been up much of the day. Someone should have been on that nearly instantly.

Theclamshell

macrumors 68030
Mar 2, 2009
I too bought when they were out of stock. I am unsure but bad press often pushes a company towards doing things they don't like to do. This typo has been up much of the day. Someone should have been on that nearly instantly.

I agree. I'm surprised it is still up there.

SchneiderMan

macrumors G3
May 25, 2008
What does this mean exactly? Look at the date too.

screenshot20110116at826.png

pcb

macrumors member
Oct 9, 2009
Oxford, Ohio
To be honest I cant believe they havent corrected this yet, but just for the heck of it i threw a order in for one... heres hoping they honor it or give out gift cards or something. Reselling this thing would pay for a couple textbooks.

Consultant

macrumors G5
Jun 27, 2007
Dream on folks. It's been almost a decade since major merchants honored pricing mistakes.

All of those sites have a clause that says: will not honor pricing mistakes, etc.

Not happening.

maflynn

macrumors Haswell
May 3, 2009

Why is going to get ugly.
I think every retailer has a blurb about typos and not needing to honor them.

BestBuy had something similar with their hi-def TVs and didn't "honor" the mistaken price. Dell, too had a bad price. The list goes on and on.

I have yet to get an email saying it was canceled. :)
FWIW, the link is dead now

tjb1

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Aug 26, 2010
Pennsylvania, USA
Dear Target Guest,

We are contacting you regarding your order #601-3950692-2177827. We recently became aware of mismatched price and product information which resulted in the discontinued Sony PS3 Hardware System and the PlayStation 3 Move Advanced Shooter Grip being displayed incorrectly on both Target.com and Amazon.com.

We are sorry, but we are unable to offer you either of these items at this time and have canceled your order. Your credit card was not charged.
We sincerely regret this inconvenience.

:(

Still nothing from Amazon.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.