42 or 38mm. I Still ned HELP! :-(

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by Mapple86, Apr 27, 2015.

1. Mapple86 macrumors regular

I have 150mm Wrists and 50mm with and I am still not Sure if I should buy 42 or 38mm.
    Today i had my... puuh let me think... 5. or 6. tryon in the Store :confused:
    At this time i am leaning forward to the 42mm.
    What would you guys advice me?
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. Flow39 macrumors 68000

Flow39

I have a 155mm wrist, and I got a 42mm. The screen is bigger, which I prefer, and it honestly just fits better in my opinion.

3. mrboba1 macrumors regular

4. tgi macrumors 65816

tgi

5. Givmeabrek macrumors 68030

Givmeabrek

I think you will happier with the 42 mm. It just seems to look better on a guy. :cool:

6. Mapple86 thread starter macrumors regular

Credit card does Cover the whole wrist.
    I dont think this test is very usefull.
    In my case, i think the big hands are important too.

A female normaly has small hands and small wrists, so this will look good with a 38mm.
    I have very big hands for my wrists in my opinion.

I think both look ok, maybe the 38mm a bit too small and the 42 a bit soo large... 40mm would be perfect.
    Bigger screen, longer battery live and the fact, that a male normaly should get the larger one are some reasons for the 42mm.

7. Kavier macrumors 6502a

Kavier

8. MagicTorch macrumors newbie

I also have 150mm wrists & went for 38mm. Very happy with the fit - for me, 38mm is not too big, not too small & comfortable to wear. Not saying that what is best for my 150mm wrist is best for your 150mm wrist (we all have different tastes)...but I do hope that sharing my own experience of 38mm on a 150mm wrist is of help.

Enjoy your watch, whatever size you ultimately opt for :)

Attached Files:

9. ru7hl355 macrumors member

get the 42mm, the 38mm looks stupid on you and i bet it looks even smaller in person....

10. erikjc macrumors member

I think the 38 fits your wrists better, but that's just my opinion. Just pick one and don't look back. You won't be able to tell much of a difference. The size seems most stark when it's compared side by side.

11. greytmom macrumors 68040

greytmom

The 42. Your wrists are thin, but you have large hands. The 38 makes your wrists appear dainty, while the 42 balances you out.

Get it!

12. Cook$ter macrumors newbie

They both look fine. Do you have a preference of screen size (preferring the larger screen to see it easier or preferring the smaller screen to make it easier to tuck it under a sleeve, for example)? Beyond that, it's individual taste. Trust your gut.

13. gladd06 macrumors member

I have a 170mm wrist and still opted for the 38mm.. both look great..

1) can you view/read the 38mm just fine? If not, easy decision..

If yes, then do you want your watch to stick out or blend it?

Sticking out was fine for me, as I'd love to show off my AW (if it ever gets here! :( ). However, I wear many nice watches and would like to dress the AW up often. The 38mm looks perfect as an actual timepiece, and the 42 looked more like a nicely dressed up gadget..

Who knew 3.8mm could make much of a difference??

14. Photography macrumors 65816

Photography

Wrist width is more important than wrist circumference in my opinion. Go with the 42mm.

15. CharlieCat666 macrumors regular

CharlieCat666

42mm, no doubt.

16. slpslee1 macrumors member

They both look good. I think the 42mm looks best on you.

17. Appl3FTW macrumors 601

Appl3FTW

42mm... 50 dollar difference will be nothing in the long run. go get the best model.

18. kbuck1984 macrumors member

From your pics I'd say 42 looks better on you.

19. betabeta macrumors 6502a

I went 38 after thinking I just had to get bigger one, everyone said bigger is better. Well, extremely happy I did not do that, 38 feels better, looks more like a watch and working just perfect.

You're not getting extra real estate just larger text/icons, if your eyes are good, and you like the 38, go 38.

It's all about how "you" will use it, so far I hardly ever have my arm up staring at it, mostly quick looks and using siri. You don't need treat the decision like a TV screen or monitor.

Don't let others decide for you, we are just giving our opinions, think about how you are going to use it and ask yourself why you need or want a larger watch or smaller watch. Eyesight, fashion, fit, feel, it's not just bigger is better in this case.

20. teamzissou00 macrumors newbie

I was debating until the night of the pre-order. I am extremely happy I went with the 42mm (the wife got the 38mm).

21. Sphyrna macrumors regular

I agree with what some others have said, I think you should go with the 42. It's a good balance between your small wrists and big hands.

22. mattopotamus macrumors G4

mattopotamus

The 38 looks more like a traditional watch IMO, and that is a good thing.

23. cg006 macrumors regular

cg006

watch looks tiny even on the 42mm version. my friend was able to get the silver/blue. A little bummed at how tiny that screen looks... With that being said.. get the 42mm. More screen real estate should make using the watch a better experience.

24. pricewc macrumors newbie

I would go with the 42mm, I have a smaller wrist and I was nervous the watch would look huge but it looks normal.

25. Mapple86 thread starter macrumors regular

Ok can I ask you how small your wrists are?

Yes, thats what I thought too. If i would have small hands too, the choice would be more clear.

Do you have small wrists too?

Yes I think that the 38mm makes my wrists appear smaller too.
    On cloe up Photos all wrists look like the same size, but in reality you see that someone has tiny wrists. A tiny watch does look girly in my opinion.

Wow, that 38mm look very big on you. What is your with of the wrist?
    Can you maybe take a Picture from more distance like i did?

Your all comments were very helpfull for me, thanks for that :cool:
    I think I will go with the 42mm.
    I would be happy if some more People would comment :)