6 or 6 Plus?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by grissomrt, Jan 10, 2015.

1. grissomrt macrumors newbie

I am trying to finalize which one to get. I have held both? Yes the Plus is really big and the 6 is big. I still have a 4s, and it's starting to poop out. Suggestions?

2. determined09 macrumors 65816

determined09

It's a personal choice. But try out both at the store if an Apple Store is close by

3. upnorth85 macrumors 6502

My wife has a 6 and I have a 6+. If I bought again, I would buy a 6. The 6+ is too big to be secure in my pockets. It fell on the roadside and I was lucky to find it after it lay in the snow at -4F 24 hour later. It is nice to use, but I also have an iPad mini and iPad Air 2. I should have bought an iPhone 6.

4. Ashtar macrumors regular

I have had both...go for the Plus. I love it. You will get used to the size and then it will feel like the perfect size while everything else (including the 6) will feel to small.

I love it.

5. Newtons Apple Suspended

Newtons Apple

I suggest you read the thousands of existing threads of others who are trying to make the same choice that you are. In the end YOU got to decide.

6. burgman macrumors 65816

burgman

I suggest you ignore and don't read repeats of existing threads because clearly they upset you :D

7. rugmankc Contributor

rugmankc

^THIS^

Also, they feel more awkward when holding in store with security cable.

In about a month it felt normal. If you don't need a larger screen then get the 6. I went into Apple Store 6 times and played with them. Mainly bc they weren't in stock for sale yet. Then one day rep said they have a Plus in stock and I bought it. No regrets. :apple:

8. kousuke18 macrumors regular

I've had both and imo the 6 really is the perfect size device but the better battery life and higher resolution screen is what made me switch to the 6 plus. One word of advice though, make sure you get a case if you do decide on the 6 plus because you WILL eventually drop it if you like to do one handed typing.

9. EdMan macrumors 6502

EdMan

I have both only recently acquiring the Plus. I really like the Plus but as others have said, only you can decide. The overall experience is mostly the same. The plus is just bigger. But bigger is a bit different in fun kind of way. I never thought I would like a bigger phone but I've never owned one before the plus. The Plus is a great phone IMO!

10. Newtons Apple Suspended

Newtons Apple

And it looks like I upset you! LOL:p

11. sunking101 macrumors 603

sunking101

The 6+ is no more powerful, that's the problem. You get a bigger screen and longer battery life. If it were better at multitasking, and more like a computer, then it would be worth the extra heft and problematic portability. As a 6+ owner I'm just not sure that this first incarnation of the Plus is worth the bother. Obviously YMMV.

12. mattopotamus macrumors G5

mattopotamus

That is what a lot of people initially thought. Many blind bought it thinking it would have 2gb RAM. Either both phones this year will have 2gb or just the 6s+

13. ucfgrad93 macrumors P6

ucfgrad93

I'd go for the 6+ for the larger screen and better battery life.

14. cymolia macrumors 6502a

15. petvas macrumors 601

petvas

It all depends on your lifestyle and needs. Do you travel a lot? Do you have an iPad? A laptop? Do you need to talk on the phone a lot, or do you do other stuff with it, like mail, chat, Internet, etc..?
    If you need a phone that can do most tasks fine, and you have another device to accomplish more when on the road, then go for the iPhone 6. If you need more than that go for the Plus.

16. skiltrip macrumors 68030

That was some of my general thinking as well.

I briefly owned a Note 4. While also a big phone, the size is definitely worth it because of how packed to the brim it is with features that take advantage of the size. I ran my 6 Plus in Zoomed mode and lost 1 of the few features right off the bat (landscape home screens).

I'm looking forward to seeing what Apple does with their larger size iPhone. I hope they put a lot more effort to the 6S Plus and 7 Plus, other than just making it big.

17. burgman macrumors 65816

burgman

That's your take away? good job princess.

18. iamMacPerson macrumors 68030

iamMacPerson

I have held and used both phones, but before I could I bought the 6 Plus when pre-orders started. I have not regretted it for the screen size. Battery life is amazing and I could not be happier with the phone. I would recommend however going into the Apple Store and trying them out for yourself.

19. mrdm macrumors regular

6+ without a doubt. I'm completely used to the size and the extra battery, better camera and great screen real estate make it a pleasure to use.

I've owned every major revision of iPhone since the original. The 6+ is my favorite and a joy to use. The original iPhone was so much fun because it was so different from anything else at the time but it still had some compromises (edge data speeds and relatively poor battery).

Get the 6+ - you will get used to the size and it is a great phone.

20. thegrants82 macrumors 65816

A guy at work has the plus and it just looks silly. Too big to carry around. It really is too big for everyday use.

21. bunnicula macrumors 68040

bunnicula

And yet so many people are using it every day.

22. yjchua95 macrumors 604

I've got both 6 and 6+, and find myself liking both.

So it depends, really.

If you need superb battery life and don't mind the large screen, go for the 6+.

Otherwise, the regular 6 is identical to it (besides battery life and OIS in the camera, and absence of iPad-style landscape mode).