Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

AlliFlowers

macrumors 601
Jan 1, 2011
L.A. (Lower Alabama)
It looks great! Can I ask what case that is? I wasn't sure what cases would work best with an edge-to-edge. I ended up ordering a Spigen Neo Hybrid which I hope will be OK in conjunction with the Daswise but it'd be nice to know what other options there are!

This is the NewTrent Trenti 6L. A student of mine had it on his 6, and I fell in love with it. Ordered it before I'd pre-ordered my 6s! Not only does it look great, but the feel sells it. I actually left it on to install the

ricktat

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Feb 18, 2013
The Daswise is the only one I purchased that fits without any edge bubbling. I've tried the VZ, Tech Armor, and Spigen protectors with no luck. The Daswise fit perfect, but my installation was surprisingly perfect. The curved edges of the 6s screen don't leave any margin for error in regards to bubbling edges.
Do you think this would work with a Speck case?

cshk9574

macrumors member
Dec 17, 2008
I received the Dodosmith screen protector...and it does look nice. Only slight little bubble at the lower left corner...but I think I could live with it.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/tpwod8iavxq4y53/Photo Oct 01, 12 25 33 PM.jpg?dl=0

https://www.dropbox.com/s/zudcwza6rk7oo09/Photo Oct 01, 12 26 19 PM.jpg?dl=0

https://www.dropbox.com/s/fhps4250042acpc/Photo Oct 01, 12 26 12 PM.jpg?dl=0

only problem so far is that I can't put a case on it and I have like 4 without the screen pealing and bubbling. So if any one has this protector and with a case...can you let me know?

sorry...I don't know how to post pictures correctly....

Kisey

macrumors 6502a
Jul 9, 2010
I received the Dodosmith screen protector...and it does look nice. Only slight little bubble at the lower left corner...but I think I could live with it.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/tpwod8iavxq4y53/Photo Oct 01, 12 25 33 PM.jpg?dl=0

https://www.dropbox.com/s/zudcwza6rk7oo09/Photo Oct 01, 12 26 19 PM.jpg?dl=0

https://www.dropbox.com/s/fhps4250042acpc/Photo Oct 01, 12 26 12 PM.jpg?dl=0

only problem so far is that I can't put a case on it and I have like 4 without the screen pealing and bubbling. So if any one has this protector and with a case...can you let me know?

sorry...I don't know how to post pictures correctly....

Looks good! What cases do you have?

cshk9574

macrumors member
Dec 17, 2008
Looks good! What cases do you have?

I have Spigen Carbon Fiber, Zoogue, Sphere G, and Moshi something...and none of these fit with the screen.

I haven't tried any other edge to edge SP....but just as a screen protector (only been 2 hours) it is great. The oleophobic coating seems to be good as the Zagg I've always used and enjoyed. No trouble at all with 3D touch. Not thick at all so the touch ID doesn't feel deep. This one truly feels and looks as if I don't have a protector on. But shame nonetheless that I can't put a case on...at least the one's I have.

STC

macrumors 6502a
May 14, 2008
I installed my Daswise today and I have a small air bubble that will not go away. I tried pushing it down, but it will not go away.

IMG_0006_zpsgw4wbnch.jpg

jess222

macrumors 6502
Apr 13, 2010
CA
I installed my Daswise today and I have a small air bubble that will not go away. I tried pushing it down, but it will not go away.

IMG_0006_zpsgw4wbnch.jpg
The instructions on my daswise said that all air bubbles should disappear in 48 hours. I didn't have any to test it but maybe that will happen for u :)

ewils19

macrumors 6502
Oct 15, 2011
Dallas, TX
I just got my Daswise in the mail today and applied it just now. It took me two tries to apply because it's fairly dusty where I am. I have a little bit of air bubbling on the right edge but it's barely noticeable and I'm hoping it will go away within 48 hours. It may be due to my case, the Spigen Ultra Hybrid, but it seems to fit almost perfectly. I applied it with the case on. It feels very nice on the phone, although it will take me a little while to get used to the recessed home button. I also had to switch 3D touch from medium to light because it seems to impair it a bit...

jess222

macrumors 6502
Apr 13, 2010
CA
I just got my Daswise in the mail today and applied it just now. It took me two tries to apply because it's fairly dusty where I am. I have a little bit of air bubbling on the right edge but it's barely noticeable and I'm hoping it will go away within 48 hours. It may be due to my case, the Spigen Ultra Hybrid, but it seems to fit almost perfectly. I applied it with the case on. It feels very nice on the phone, although it will take me a little while to get used to the recessed home button. I also had to switch 3D touch from medium to light because it seems to impair it a bit...
The recessed home button does take some getting used too, feels better after a couple days though :)
My 3D Touch was already on light, it seemed to make it easier once the protector was on.

ewils19

macrumors 6502
Oct 15, 2011
Dallas, TX
The recessed home button does take some getting used too, feels better after a couple days though :)
My 3D Touch was already on light, it seemed to make it easier once the protector was on.

I guess I just needed to adjust to the feeling of the glass protector with 3D Touch because I switched it back to medium and now it feels normal again!
I do need to reapply the screen protector though because I noticed some dust trapped behind it.

ZipZap

macrumors 603
Dec 14, 2007

IMG_0006_zpsgw4wbnch.jpg

That looks like dust. If so, it will never go away and you will have to lift the protector and remove the dust with tape.

SAMCROforever

macrumors member
Sep 11, 2014
I have a Zagg Privacy Glass on my 6S+ but it looks weird with the white phone, however it fits well :(

STC

macrumors 6502a
May 14, 2008
That looks like dust. If so, it will never go away and you will have to lift the protector and remove the dust with tape.

Its not dust, when I press on that spot I can see the air move around. I think that lil part of the glass protector is missing what causes the static cling to the screen. I wish it was dust. :(

starkillers70

macrumors newbie
Sep 17, 2015
So what I've gathered here is that the majority of glass screen protectors touted to fit on the 6s simply don't adhere properly, especially on the sides. Hopefully these companies are offering refunds regardless of price. I can only assume there is a slight difference in this years screen. I'm still trying to find one that adheres properly. I was tempted pick up the Daswise one, but I came across a Reddit post regarding their reviews as bribed or bought reviews. Waiting to see if this thread picks up perhaps more Daswise reviews on the positive side. If anyone has luck, please share the love. Thanks all.

Reactions: caligurl

pcmike

macrumors 6502
Jun 17, 2007
Lake Worth, FL
So what I've gathered here is that the majority of glass screen protectors touted to fit on the 6s simply don't adhere properly, especially on the sides. Hopefully these companies are offering refunds regardless of price. I can only assume there is a slight difference in this years screen. I'm still trying to find one that adheres properly. I was tempted pick up the Daswise one, but I came across a Reddit post regarding their reviews as bribed or bought reviews. Waiting to see if this thread picks up perhaps more Daswise reviews on the positive side. If anyone has luck, please share the love. Thanks all.

All the companies offer you something in exchange for a positive review now in days. You can be assured the people posting comments on this thread about how much they like the Daswise could give a crap about getting something for nothing as it only applies to leaving an Amazon review, not reviews on other forums. At the end of the day, it's $11... is it really worth waiting?

DizzyV6P

macrumors regular
Mar 11, 2011
I installed my Dawise yesterday. I have two tiny bubbles on the bottom left and right side similar to STC's bubble. It's not bad and they are on the edge. Hopefully they settle in 48 hours. The seems to fit well with the Spigen Slim Armor. I have not noticed any lifting of the edges either. One thing I noticed though is that it does raise the left of the glass so the Slim Armor's edge protect is almost flush now. I'm not sure how long that will last. I have a tough armor with a larger lip protection arriving today. I'll post up how it looks after that.

For the record, I didn't get any discount off any products. I'd love too though! LOL.

caligurl

macrumors 68040
Jun 8, 2009
socal
I hate to sound like an excited 14 year old, but OMG!!! I got (the right color) Daswise yesterday, and it is PERFECT!. You can't even tell there's anything there. It's so thin, and made so well, you can't even really feel it around the home button. I have a cheap screen protector on my iPad, and I can really feel that it's there when I touch the home button.

You can see one tiny bubble at the upper right (my fault), but otherwise, no bubbles, nothing coming up. It's simply perfect in every way.

View attachment 588543 View attachment 588544
so this one is edge to edge?

Reactions: Mr.Scarface

sumiregusa

macrumors 6502
Sep 10, 2013
To anyone having issues with Daswise Edge-to-Edge bubbles:

The more you press (gently) on the bubbled area, unless it's actually dust or debris, the more likely you are to get rid of the bubble.

I had a huge bubble on mine when I reinstalled and it ended up flattening into a bunch of smaller bubbles. It was driving me crazy! But seriously continuing to press on the area makes it go away.

Don't rub. Gently press. You should be good to go!

I have also noticed it's not totally fingerprint-free coating but it's close enough. I don't mind cleaning off my phone every now and again. I do it out of OCD habit anyway.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.