Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacBandit

macrumors 604
Re: Re: Re: Re: Denied links

Originally posted by Rincewind42
I don't think they mean for you to take it as an evolution of the processor, but rather that products will evolve from using the 750 to using the 970

That would make since except every other processor in the diagram is an evolution of the one before it.

adamfilip

macrumors 6502a
Apr 13, 2003
burlington, Ontario canada
when apple releases the new 970's later this month

i bet the low end tower will be a single processor 1.4 G4
witha sing processor 970 at like 1.6 being mid range and a dual 970 setup being high end.

i hope the low end will be a 970
cause what ever comes out this june

im getting a new tower (the cheapest one). and id rather it was a 970

Snowy_River

macrumors 68030
Jul 17, 2002
Corvallis, OR
Re: Re: Update!

Originally posted by wilhelmd

But then again, the prophecy wasn't true, now was it? Maybe Apple will implement AI in the new machines, thus causing them to take over the world! Although a wouldn't like to see a world ruled by Wintel-branded computers... evil.

Hehehe...

I just thought, we could start a thread about what the Matrix would be like if it were based on Macs vs. being based on Windows. (Kind of like the old 'If computers were cars...' thing...)

Snowy_River

macrumors 68030
Jul 17, 2002
Corvallis, OR
Originally posted by adamfilip
when apple releases the new 970's later this month

i bet the low end tower will be a single processor 1.4 G4
witha sing processor 970 at like 1.6 being mid range and a dual 970 setup being high end.

i hope the low end will be a 970
cause what ever comes out this june

im getting a new tower (the cheapest one). and id rather it was a 970

Given the fact that the 970 outperforms the G4 by such a wide margin (based on the projection that a single 1.4GHz 970 would outperform a dual 1.42GHz G4), this set up would produce a massive difference in performing power between the low-end and mid range. For this reason, even ignoring other rumors having to do with the price of the 970 chip being less than that of the G4, I highly, highly doubt that Apple would make a move such as this.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.