A5 ios 5.0.1 jailbreak

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by iphonewoman, Jan 3, 2012.

1. iphonewoman macrumors member

just announced by pod2g !!!!!!! 8 minutes ago on twitter

full story

2. axelixc macrumors newbie

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 5_0_1 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/534.46 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.1 Mobile/9A405 Safari/7534.48.3)

Pod2g tweeted he and his team could expect the much awaited A5 ios 5.0.1 untethered jailbreak in a week. This is great news. Time to update your A5 to ios 5.0.1 before it's too late !

3. rgarjr macrumors 603

rgarjr

fantastic news.

4. Quazimojo macrumors regular

Quazimojo

Nice find iPhonewoman .

Quoting Pod2g

"I made a step today for the A5. With some luck we could expect a release in a week."

It may not be exactly a week so hopefully people can keep there cool in case he misses the deadline .

He also disabled comments on his blog which was a very wise move . Based on his tweet it does not seem he takes all those insulting remarks personally like i have seen so many other devs do in the past.

5. iphonewoman thread starter macrumors member

yea some people are so pushy, he had almost 5000 comments on the last 5 posts

6. iphonewoman thread starter macrumors member

yes but 3 threads is really over doing it

7. labman macrumors 604

labman

8. iphonewoman thread starter macrumors member

i know i'm just glad i made the first :p

9. sirpots macrumors regular

hoping for the best! sad though that he had to get rid of his comments people were trolling the worst I have seen EVER. If I was him I would just stop there, the comments were so bad

10. solo118 macrumors 65816

It sucks that ppl troll like that. He is giving us a gift, and for free on top of it. You can't win with some people, but I am glad he is finally ready to release a JB for us.

11. navigates macrumors 6502a

I'd stay cautious with the updates. Get TinyUmb and save your blobs if on 5.0. You never know the 5.0 baseband would be preferred if unlock is in your attainment goals.

12. labman macrumors 604

labman

Well this news has me rethinking holding of on keeping my iphone 4 and getting a 4S. I just couldn't imagine being without my jailbreak. pod2g is our heroof the day! :D

13. stevelam macrumors 65816

amazingly awesome news.

can't wait to get bitesms and sbsettings back. and can't wait to try out zephyrs mulitasking tweak either!!!!

14. ACardAttack macrumors 6502

ACardAttack

Are you talking about the ones made before this thread? I find it odd the OP is calling out his own thread :p

But I'm glad this one exists, I dont like the other two (predict release and pod2g updates blog) because they were started on old information, and one wouldnt know when new information was posted, this on the other hands gives up the info we want

15. Ksizzle9 macrumors 6502a

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 5_0_1 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/534.46 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.1 Mobile/9A405 Safari/7534.48.3)

I've been playing with my old 3Gs and 4 jailbreak an missing it on my 4S so bad. To some degree I regret the purchase of the 4S. It is a fantastic phone- IMHO I used an upgrade on this and the galaxy nexus- which the nexus isn't nearly as good as this phone. Just wish it was more distinct from the 4 looks wise- but between the 3Gs and 3G, and 4&4S- we know how things should go from apple from now on. While the 4S is the overall smoothest and fastest phone on the market, with the best camera- I wish it ha that new design.

Back on track- gimme some freaking A5 jailbreak now!!!!

16. rick snagwell macrumors 68040

rick snagwell

hey now, i keep my thread updated...just so new ones won't be posted...but that will never happen!

17. ACardAttack macrumors 6502

ACardAttack

Oh i know, but there are lots of posts in there and all arent just updates...this is a definitive...wish it would have said, to be released in next week as I about peed myself seeing the title...

18. sirpots macrumors regular

I almost did to :p o and eventually all post gets stale its nice to have a refresh

19. spotsphill macrumors regular

Should unlockers update?

A few days ago they said that unlockers should not update to 5.0.1, so I did not update. Even with this news I did not update. Is there any reason to believe that a) the 4S's 1.0.11 baseband will be able to be unlocked if I stay on 5.0, b) upgrading to 5.0.1 right now will eliminate me from unlocking?

Thanks. Hopefully this is a constructive question...

20. engelke2010 macrumors 6502a

Very happy that it might be coming in a week. However, I won't be updating my iPad2 to 5.01 until the jb has been released. It's on 4.3.3 and jailbroken.

21. sirpots macrumors regular

well I will say this, as I just had my first iPhone. If they release the jailbreak soon I think? (don't quote me) redsnow can make a custom firmware which perseveres your baseband so I am guessing thats how you will do it if you want the unlock. I think why pod2g is saying update now is because you never know when apple will drop 5.0.2 and so on

22. jav6454 macrumors P6

jav6454

With this in mind, I had no regrets going from 5.0.0 to 5.0.1

23. labman macrumors 604

labman

once the firmware is updated from 5..0 to 5.0.1 baseband can no longer be preserved. it has to be done in the 5.0 stage. keep in mind @pos2g is talking about the jailbreak @musclenerd is talking about the unlock. I'm yet to see @musclenerd say it's ok to update as well.