iPad A5 os 5.0.1 jailbreak (Merged)

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by Apple-a5, Jan 1, 2012.

1. Apple-a5 macrumors member

An untethered jailbreak for A5 devices (iPhone 4S and iPad 2) has finally been achieved according to pod2g’s most recent blog entry. He updated his blog yesterday stating he had hit a stumbling block but would update us today again. He’s kept true to his word and let us know today that he’s overcome the cache issue and achieved an untether.

OK, figured it out, the A5 cache is not a problem anymore. I sorted it out by doing the untether in a single thread and by flushing all the dcache then all the icache in a row at a strategical point of the process.

Saurik helped with launchd boot process so they’re one step closer to a stable jailbreak. Props to pod2g and saurik for all their hard work. I can’t wait to jailbreak my iPhone 4S as soon as a tool is updated and released. Anyone else jumping for joy at this news? I know I am! Check the source link for all the details.

Source: pod2g

So apple supporters the new jailbreak will arrive shortly , I will post the same day it arrives 'm many thanks

2. porcupine8 macrumors 6502a

3. Apple-a5 thread starter macrumors member

Yes their is mention on pod2g-ios... Read below he has fixed the cache problem with the a5 and has dedicated his hole time to working on the a5 jailbreak finish product , he is working along side Saulik and dev team

4. Back2kcaB macrumors newbie

5. bradl macrumors 68040

bradl

Check the dates on the blog post. The info in the OP is roughly 2 weeks old. There hasn't been any new info since 12/27/11, and even that info has been discussed in at least 2 - 3 different threads here.

BL.

6. porcupine8 macrumors 6502a

How does a post from Dec 20 count as "updating his blog yesterday?"

7. TheSlimOne macrumors regular

I really wish they would have waited until there was a working A5 jailbreak before the A4 was released. Seems like bad planning to me.

8. Apple-a5 thread starter macrumors member

People. Check muscle nerd also. Their is updates . Pod2g has said so? Their is quotes stating this, maybe their not on his blog but I'm not sure where I saw the info. The cache problem was solved ages ago and as he stated he is working in it . It will be out this January. Without doubt. The time is running out as they plan to bring out the ipad3 and the iPhone 5 after may sometime which is going to be running on a6 ......

Ps. Does anyone know if the 5.0 jailbreak works n ipad2 5.0.1? But with slight glitches?

9. porcupine8 macrumors 6502a

Well sure, there are plenty of updates from all over, especially if you go back to before the A4 jb was released! What is the point of this thread, just to say that the A5 jb is being worked on and will probably be out within a month?? p0sixninja's twitter advice is much bigger news.

10. Apple-a5 thread starter macrumors member

Twitter is a different social networking site. I am simply letting all the people who are unaware about the progress of the new a5 jailbreak your posts are pointless so back off and exit your room. Shh

11. bufffilm Suspended

bufffilm

will the A5 JB rely on being on iOS 5.0.1 dependent or does it work across all iOS versions? if the JB is specific to iOS 5.0.1, then i hope they'll give everyone enough advance notice for those still on the 4.3.3 JB to upgrade to 5.0.1 in time.

in the absence of more info, i'll adopt a wait-n-see approach. just hope the new JB isn't leaked like the prior JB.

12. zaxdude macrumors 6502

p0sixninja via his twitter indicated that those with the A5 should update now to 5.0.1. I didn't want to lose my 4.3.3 jailbreak on my iPad2, but I should be able to go back to 4.3.3 if I have to through tinyCFW.

13. bradl macrumors 68040

bradl

Believe us.. we are a lot more up to date and aware than you are thinking people here are. Cases in point:

http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=1266706
    http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=1298086
    http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=1289077

A simple search for 'jailbreak a5 5.0.1' here would have given you a plethora of threads.

BL.

14. bufffilm, Jan 2, 2012
    Last edited: Jan 2, 2012

bufffilm Suspended

bufffilm

i have the wifi version and have my 4.3.3 blobs saved so i can revert back. it's the thought of having to recopy and reorganize 24gb of data which is casuing the hesitation. also one of the apps that i use is zen reader and it's no longer available for download in the app store.

still, i started to take screenshots of all my jb customizations and will look into doing the 5.0.1 upgrade in the next 24-48 hrs.

thx

[edit] i said screw it, i went and did the upgrade right after i posted this. (i had already d/l'ed the ipsw earlier today.)

15. Mac.World macrumors 68000

Mac.World

Please learn the difference between "there", "they're" and "their". Additionally, it helps to know the difference between singular and plural. i.e. 'Their is updates' vs 'There are updates'. Complete and non run-on sentences would be a bonus.

It helps to lend credibility to your post, if you don't sound like a 5th grader.

16. joesaiditstrue macrumors newbie

give me a break, smh.

17. zaxdude macrumors 6502

As long as you have the IPA for the zen reader you should still be able to install it even though it's not available in the app store. If iTunes does error on the sync and won't install it from the IPA, install "AppSync" on your iPad and it should install fine.

18. ericrwalker macrumors 68030

ericrwalker

Actually by 5th grade, one should know the differences between the following:

1. there, they're and their
    2. who's and whose
    3. then and than
    4. doesn't and don't
    5. lose and loose
    6. your and you're
    7. affect and effect

That's all I can think of right now.

19. vega07, Jan 3, 2012
    Last edited: Jan 3, 2012

vega07 macrumors 65816

Not everyone's first language is English.

As long as you understand what the post is saying, please have some sympathy.

pod2g tweeted a jailbreak may be released within a week!

20. Mac.World macrumors 68000

Mac.World

Not everyone's first language is English, this is true. However, it's easy to spot the tweenie text posts over those of someone whose language was not originally English. The prior are lazy, while the later put forth effort. It's easy to see the difference.

And for 'joesaiditstrue', it's people like you breed laziness into the English language. I'd hazard to guess you're under 20.

21. number84 macrumors 6502

^ we're not in an English lit. class, it's just an online forum...why waste your breath here...

22. DCastaneda macrumors newbie

latter* :D

Back on topic, can't wait for my iPad 2 & 4s to be JB!

23. zaxdude macrumors 6502

pod2g posted about an hour ago that he "made a step today for the A5. With some luck we could expect a release in a week"

24. Mac.World macrumors 68000

Mac.World

Actually, he posted that the release WILL happen next week.

25. felt. macrumors 6502a

just the reason I was waiting for to make the hardware upgrades from ipad1 and iphone4 :)