Absolutely Disgusted With Apple.

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by rapty, Apr 6, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. rapty macrumors member

I recently bought a new Apple Macbook Pro 17" Penryn from the Apple site in Switzerland, after receveing the Macbook Pro I have now received a $260.00 bill from TNT for handling charges.

Stating on the invoice that this was an import custom fee from shanghai and liable for handling charges after buying the goods in Swiss Francs from the Apple Swiss branch of the site.

2. .Andy macrumors 68030

.Andy

Have you spoken with Apple about this?

3. rapty thread starter macrumors member

Sunday, are they available on Sundays?

I am really pissed off about this its not on, I have spent nearly $4000.00 on this machine and then picking up another bill on top, hardly fair.

4. glocke12 macrumors 6502a

glocke12

I understand why your frustrated, but speak with Apple. They will probably set things straight.....

5. .Andy macrumors 68030

.Andy

My advice would be to;
    1) Calm down.
    2) Wait until you can speak with Apple.

It's just as likely to be a stuff up by TNT/customs and they've accidently charged you instead of Apple. If Apple quoted you free shipping there is no way they can turn around and charge you.

Really there is no more discussion to be entered into until you find out what Apple has to say. Save you curtness and frustration until you're sure it's needed.

6. zepharus macrumors 6502a

zepharus

Cmon man...isnt it a little premature to be pissed at Apple? This seems like something a phone call Monday will clear up..

7. rapty thread starter macrumors member

I have been through the Invoices from Apple and it clearly states Duty is included within the price of the item from its location which would be from the Factory in ( Shanghai )

VAT and handling charges TNT are asking for have been covered, TNT is attempting to charge me on the money already paid to Apple that has been covered for these duties.

Have to see how they do business in Switzerland tomorow.

TNT is a UK Owned Company my bet is this is " Accidental " company policy, on the off chance that some of these mistakes pay well.

8. steveza macrumors 68000

steveza

This will be an error on TNT's side - they pass this charge on to the importer which would be Apple not you. It's not Apple's fault because they have nothing to do with the import process.

9. rapty thread starter macrumors member

I hope so, Telephone call to Apple tommorow should be enough to get them off my back.

10. steveza macrumors 68000

steveza

TNT is Dutch actually.

11. xUKHCx Administrator emeritus

xUKHCx

I have had many many apple items shipped in this manner and there has never been this " Accidental " company policy. It is just a clerical error, take a deep breath and enjoy what is left of the weekend. A simple (calm) phone call to apple on Monday morning will sort this out.

Molehill much.

12. GoCubsGo macrumors Nehalem

GoCubsGo

So now that you bet is this is TNT's fault are you done being "disgusted" with Apple?

13. rapty thread starter macrumors member

Not sure on that I photographed the TNT owner at a cottage in the Cotswolds for the UK National Newspapers a while back.

I'm done when I haven't got a Bill on top of a $4000.00 Laptop thank you, I don't particularly think thats unreasonable.

If you want to take it down onto those levels, carry on cheerleading love.

14. Neil321 macrumors 68040

Neil321

Na don't worry about it,as all the others have posted calm down grab a beer & bell apple in the morning,nothing to be disgusted about

15. rapty thread starter macrumors member

Yep, post back tommorow on the telephone details.

16. steveza macrumors 68000

steveza

When you say owner, do you mean Peter Bakker - he is the CEO.

17. myuserid08 macrumors 6502

I think you should rename this thread:
    Absolutely Disgusted With TNT.

Its not Apples fault, I would give TNT a call as well.

18. rapty thread starter macrumors member

No one knows that, Apple haven't explained why a bill has been produced after payment has been cleared.

I have in possesion a Apple Laptop that has been paid for with a bill on top asking for extra Duty / VAT invoices to be covered, should I automaticaly know that Apple plays no part in this when one of their products is sitting on front of my desk?

Most people are quite aware Apple crafts great products and I am not bashing them or hurting anyones fandom ego complex, when one of their products carries extra payment and declaration taxes on VAT / Custom Duty into a Country after spending $4000,00 any individual with any concept for a grasp of money and sense would be in the same resolve.

TNT / Apple in Switzerland are not available in Switzerland on Sundays unfortunately for this situation they are civilized, if people are ordering in Switzerland heaven forbid some users might even find this extra charge and information useful.

Now I'll post back with the details tommorow.

19. MrAngry macrumors newbie

Rapty, I couldn't agree with you more strongly. Apple disgust me with this sort of outrageous behavior.

Unlike the Apple apologists who seem to frequent this forum I don’t buy the ‘clerical error’ conspiracy and think Apple have done this intentionally as part of Jobs, if that really is his name, profit maximising master plan. It also all seems a little too convenient that they are closed on a Sunday as well.

Something’s afoot here and I think .Andy, glocke12, zepharus, steveza, xUKHCx, jessica., neil321, myuserid08 are all in on the act.

20. rapty thread starter macrumors member

Send over 277.64 Swiss Francs ( $260.00 ) and maybe we can agree on the Disgusted part.

21. steveza macrumors 68000

steveza

Are you Bill Gates in disguise? ;)

22. rapty thread starter macrumors member

Ran through the Invoices again and TNT Invoice with their Apple document is declared 3231.00 without VAT, but Apples document through to my email is at 3476.56 inc. VAT which has been charged at that rate to my credit card.

Apple has made the mistake, and hopefully this can be resolved tommorow.

23. GoCubsGo macrumors Nehalem

GoCubsGo

Now now calm down tiger. There's no cheerleading here. We're just saying you gotta wait until Monday and I would presume things will be sorted.

I for one could not be any less of an "Apple apologist". Do your homework (ie: read) before you go making snap judgments.

The OP has an issue, it cannot be sorted until the next business day. I say calm down until you know there is truly an a problem that cannot be resolved. Until then deciding things cannot be fixed is a bit presumptive. Frankly I don't care if the dude was overcharged by TNT, Apple, or his credit card company, it doesn't bother me one bit. What is silly is that a consumer can suddenly be disgusted with a company who clearly made a mistake without giving them a chance to fix it or even notifying them of the issue. I don't care if it's Apple, Microsoft, or some other large company. It is the snap piss poor attitude expressed without attempt to resolve that I was mocking.

Try to fix it, if in fact it cannot be fixed then yes, be disgusted with Apple all you want. The day they wrong me I'll be happy to be disgusted with them too. Apple means nothing to me, they make expensive computers and other electronics that most can get for a lot less elsewhere, but it's my cash and I choose to spend it on Apple from time to time. :) I do not actually cheerlead for them, I'm not a fan of pom-poms to be honest.

24. rapty thread starter macrumors member

If you don't like Teeth don't try to grow them, and yes I do care about being out of pocket.

Thank you for your opinion love, your a real asset to others positions and predicaments.

This is going off course, and I'd rather help people who have similar problems with this situation rather than a load of pointless ridicule on the behalf of a multi national company not even employed by.

And by the way he's being sarcastic.

25. karenflower macrumors 6502a

karenflower

This is an interesting phrase! Haven't heard it before. :D Hope you get your problem solved promptly.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.