MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

Adobe today announced that all of its Creative Cloud desktop apps, including Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, Dreamweaver, Lightroom, Premiere Pro, After Effects, and more, will receive updates as part of the company's 2015 Creative Cloud Update.

The updates bring new features and performance enhancements with "Adobe Magic" to all of Adobe's Creative Cloud apps, notably including Linked Assets that will allow assets within Creative Cloud Libraries to be updated whenever a change is made, ensuring the update is available to all team members in Photoshop, Illustrator, and InDesign.

Photoshop CC is gaining Artboards, letting artists create multiple design surfaces within a single document for a bird's-eye view of all designs at once. There's also a new preview feature called Photoshop Design Space, which lets users create design-focused desktop tool layouts that ignore unnecessary tools. The exporting experience has been improved, and the Spot Healing Brush and Patch tools are now 120x faster than the same tools in Photoshop CS6 thanks to Mercury Graphics Engine enhancements.

adobeartboards-800x500.jpg

Both Photoshop and Lightroom CC are gaining new haze removal features that will allow haze to be added or removed to a photograph with click, and Photoshop now has the option to add noise to Blur Gallery effects.

Illustrator CC has been updated with significant performance improvements, making it 10x faster than CS6. Zoom magnification is now ten times higher, reaching up to 64,000 percent instead of 6,400 percent, and there's a new Chart interface that makes it easier to create custom charts and graphics.

Click here to read rest of article...

Article Link: Adobe Announces 2015 Creative Cloud Updates, New Integrated Adobe Stock Service

akbarali.ch

macrumors 6502a
May 4, 2011
Mumbai (India)
Interesting how they're comparing to CS6 a lot. I suspect a lot of customers are still holding onto their Cs 6 copies such as myself, for as long as possible to avoid the annual subscription payments.

CS6 is rock solid. i tried CC, i don't know for some reason it starts lagging after 2hrs of usage and the lag goes on increasing. CS6 works for weeks on the system that is restarted once in month sometimes 2! (On mac CC works flawlessly though)

Comment

gramtrax

macrumors regular
Apr 10, 2008
San Francisco, CA
Dear Adobe,

I don't give care what you update. I'm never subscribing. CS6 works fine for the very few times I even need it. Sketch is my go-to tool of choice now. Those Bohemian software guys really know how to treat their customers RIGHT. Please go suck an egg, Adobe.

Sincerely,
A (former) longtime Adobe user

Comment

NewtonAurelius

macrumors member
Nov 27, 2012
Orlando, Florida
Interesting how they're comparing to CS6 a lot. I suspect a lot of customers are still holding onto their Cs 6 copies such as myself, for as long as possible to avoid the annual subscription payments.
I am with you on that, no way I am giving up CS6 for a subscription plan. I just do not understand why Adobe is subscribe to CC or nothing; why can Adobe not offer both a subscription CC and standalone. I do understand why some large design firms would want a subscription to always have the latest tools, but Adobe removing all choice is what irks me the most about them. From what I can see, CC 2015 is really just CS6.5, nearly nothing has been vastly redesigned since CS6.

Comment

jdrouette

macrumors newbie
Feb 13, 2013
What worries me is that if Adobe's plan to force the subscription model down their customers' throats works for them financially, other companies will follow. It's a slippery slope that is only beneficial for one side - not for the end user.
Sorry Adobe, I'm a buyer and you only want to rent. Our business relationship is over.

Comment

Hog Milanese

macrumors regular
Mar 19, 2012
Austin
Dear Adobe,

I don't give care what you update. I'm never subscribing. CS6 works fine for the very few times I even need it. Sketch is my go-to tool of choice now. Those Bohemian software guys really know how to treat their customers RIGHT. Please go suck an egg, Adobe.

Sincerely,
A (former) longtime Adobe user

You'd rather pay $500+ every other year instead of as little as $120 a year?

Comment

nagromme

macrumors G5
May 2, 2002
Bugs from years ago still remain, the UI's have maddening inconsistencies to rival open source, the installer/updater/copy protection systems mess with your Mac in the most intrusive of ways, and each year reveals only a handful of very niche new features. Haze? Fine, I guess. But then they make me pay forever, whether bugs get fixed or not, whether ease of use ever improves or not, and whether the new features benefit me or not. I'm paying ONLY for file compatibility with other CC users, and they're paying ONLY for file compatibility with me! It's absurd. Enough is enough.

I need 3 of these apps: Photoshop often, Flash and Illustarator occasionally. I'm a one-person shop, and the price isn't worth what I get. I used to buy the whole suite every few years--whenever the new features added up to enough value. Now, Adobe has taken away my ability to control that schedule, and their income is unaffected by what they deliver.

I'm pre-paid for the year, but then it's back to CS6. When that stops working, it's time to try Pixelmator and others.

Comment

jtrauscht

macrumors regular
Sep 6, 2010
Nashville, TN
Every time an Adobe article hits, the anti-subscription people start in on them. Look, I get it – you want to own your software. But don't knock it until you try it. The CC apps are fantastic, and the subscription pricing really helps me budget my software updates. Plus, they keep adding features and providing bug fixes more frequently than ever before. In the 20+ years that I've been using Adobe apps, I have never been a more satisfied customer.

Comment

chaosbunny

macrumors 68000
You'd rather pay $500+ every other year instead of as little as $120 a year?

Your math is wrong, but that's pretty common among people who defend Adobes business model. Adobe CC is € 60,-/month which means € 720,-/year. Yes, I'd rather spend € 500,- every other year than € 720,- every year.

Apart from that, there's little to be gained here. Artboard in Photoshop? Everyone who still designs stuff in Photoshop has way too much time anyway. That's what Illustrator and InDesign is for. Illustrator is faster? For what? It's not like CS 6 is slow any Mac less than 8 years old. We are talking about a vector drawin app here, that was fast even on old G3s. Photoshops spot healing brush and patch faster? I don't have any problems with the speed of these even in large 1-2gb+ 16 bit psds on my system.

Comment

hardhatmac

macrumors regular
Jun 13, 2006
Utah
120X faster would be impressive if comparing CC 2014 to CC 2015. But, if comparing versions that are 3 generations apart, I would expect the speed difference to be massive.

Reactions: orbital~debris
Comment

LethalWolfe

macrumors G3
Jan 11, 2002
Los Angeles
Not that I'm arguing against it (I've actually been really happy with my CC subscription), but how in the world are you paying just $120 per year?

Your math is wrong, but that's pretty common among people who defend Adobes business model. Adobe CC is € 60,-/month which means € 720,-/year. Yes, I'd rather spend € 500,- every other year than € 720,- every year.

If all you need is a PS and LR then you can get the Photography bundle for just $10/mo.

Comment

Brandhouse

macrumors 6502a
Aug 6, 2014
Apart from that, there's little to be gained here. Artboard in Photoshop? Everyone who still designs stuff in Photoshop has way too much time anyway. That's what Illustrator and InDesign is for. Illustrator is faster? For what? It's not like CS 6 is slow any Mac less than 8 years old. We are talking about a vector drawin app here, that was fast even on old G3s. Photoshops spot healing brush and patch faster? I don't have any problems with the speed of these even in large 1-2gb+ 16 bit psds on my system.

Thumbs up.

Comment
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.