Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

Adobe remains committed to releasing Photoshop CC for the iPad by the end of 2019, and plans to provide an update on the app at its Adobe MAX creative conference in early November, according to Bloomberg.

photoshop-cc-ipad-pro.jpg

Adobe has been testing Photoshop CC for iPad with a small group of beta testers since earlier this year, with the report noting that some beta testers have noticed limited or missing features related to core functionality like filters, the pen tool, custom paintbrushes, vector drawing, RAW editing, and layer styles.

Adobe Creative Cloud chief product officer Scott Belsky confirmed that Photoshop CC for iPad will lack some familiar features at launch, but he ensured that the iPad version will gain expanded capabilities over time.

Photoshop CC for iPad will let users open and edit native PSD files and will feature the familiar Photoshop layers panel. With cross-platform availability, users will be able to start their work on an iPad and continue a project with Photoshop CC on the desktop via Creative Cloud if they prefer.

Article Link: Adobe Committed to Releasing Photoshop for iPad in 2019, Some Features Won't Be Available at Launch

Last edited:

EugW

macrumors G5
Jun 18, 2017
It would be nice if Apple could have the 4th gen iPad Pro out by then to pair with it.

Kinotto

macrumors regular
May 7, 2018
Adobe is trailing behind with their mobile apps: it’s since the release of the first iPad Pro that they promote their efforts to bring pro apps to iOS, and so far the only decent one is been Fresco, which still misses fundamental tools like custom colour palettes or on-the-fly colour edits, making it unusable for serious projects.
Photoshop was the hope of many, even considering Apple’s endorsement, but the silence on the development and this latest news are a sore disappointment.
Personally I’m tired of waiting, I’ll start studying Affinity Photo.

cardfan

macrumors 601
Mar 23, 2012
Limited or missing features? Sounds like your typical iPad version. What happened to those claiming this is full photoshop on iOS? In the many threads discussing whether iOS will ever be the future, full photoshop was cited.

This isn’t office lite. This is full on you said. iOS is the future. I’m getting a 1tb 2000 dollar iPad Pro and photoshop is my reason. Lol. How’s that 2k spent feel a year later?

fokmik

Suspended
Oct 28, 2016
USA
Features Won't Be Available at Launch

doesnt matter...release them in an update when they are ready

jonnyb098

macrumors 68040
Nov 16, 2010
Michigan
Limited or missing features? Sounds like your typical iPad version. What happened to those claiming this is full photoshop on iOS? In the many threads discussing whether iOS will ever be the future, full photoshop was cited.

This isn’t office lite. This is full on you said. iOS is the future. I’m getting a 1tb 2000 dollar iPad Pro and photoshop is my reason. Lol. How’s that 2k spent feel a year later?
You want full photoshop on iOS? Get Affinity Photo. It was light years ahead of whatever gimped version Adobe will release 3 years ago when it came out. Maybe in another 10 years they'll figure it out.

Adobe is becoming a joke.

realeric

macrumors 65816
Jun 19, 2009
United States
Adobe, release photoshop for macOS catalina first. It’s not possible to install it on catalina now because the installer and licensing app include 32bit code.

• Haha
Reactions: dysamoria

jonnyb098

macrumors 68040
Nov 16, 2010
Michigan
Who is this "we all?" I'm very much looking forward to Photoshop on the iPad. It is still the industry standard. I have zero problems with Adobe's products.
Then prepare to be disappointed. Affinity photo saves to PSD and also imports photoshop brushes. Affinity designer is also amazing an easier to use than Illustrator and fully compatible if needed.

Adobe is SO FAR BEHIND at this point Im not sure why they even bother anymore .

jonnyb098

macrumors 68040
Nov 16, 2010
Michigan
What other solution is there on the iPad? Adobe hasn't offered one and their 432 baby apps don't cut it. So yes.....those of us who depend on a solution for iPad have moved to Affinity. Other stepped up to the plate where Adobe wouldn't. The ONLY reason that they are even making an attempt now is because if you do a little research the Affinity community is growing quite fast on both desktop and mobile and Adobe is starting to notice they are losing people.

tobefirst ⚽️

macrumors 601
Jan 24, 2005
St. Louis, MO
Then prepare to be disappointed. Affinity photo saves to PSD and also imports photoshop brushes. Affinity designer is also amazing an easier to use than Illustrator and fully compatible if needed.

Adobe is SO FAR BEHIND at this point Im not sure why they even bother anymore .
What should I be disappointed about?

Morgenland

macrumors 65816
May 28, 2009
Europe
Photoshop CS6 (the standalone 64-bit version) no longer runs (on Catalina) because Adobe was too outrageous not to eliminate some 32-bit requ./accesses.
Customer fraud. A house like Adobe doesn't seem to be able to bring something customer-oriented and sensible to market on time anymore.

So we switched to Affinity Photos. The younger generation does it anyway. The small company Affinity has shown us what it is like to be professionally organized and to be able to program well. Then the money comes automatically and doesn't have to be forced with subscriptions.
[automerge]1571325547[/automerge]
umm, no? I have installed on several Catalina Macs. are you trying to install an old version?
Photoshop CS6 (their latest standalone 64-bit version) no longer runs (on Catalina) just because Adobe was too outrageous not to eliminate some 32-bit accesses. Customer fraud IMHO.

Last edited:
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.