Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

Adobe has updated their site with information about Adobe Creative Suite 3 (CS3).
The Adobe® Creative® Suite 3 family offers you choice — in the combination of creative tools you master, the design disciplines you explore, and the richness and scope of content you create. This revolutionary new release includes six editions, each combining tightly integrated, industry-leading components that enable you to handle virtually any creative task.
A webcast of the live launch event will be webcast today at 3:30 pm EST. The new versions of Adobe's popular graphics applications support Intel Macs natively for the first time.

Previusly leaked price points were generally accurate as was upgrade pricing.

With the introduction of Creative Suite 3, Adobe has introduced a new set of bundles, which can be viewed at a glance in this product matrix. The bundles are as follows: CS3 Design Premium, CS3 Design Standard, CS3 Web Premium, CS3 Web Standard, CS3 Production Premium, and CS3 Master Collection. More details about each bundle are detailed at Adobe's site.

Upgrade pricing is also complicated, but we've posted a consolidated table that lists your upgrade options based on what software you currently own.

Upgrade Table

thevofl

macrumors regular
Aug 7, 2006
Educational Discounts

The educational prices from the Adobe site (in US$):

CS3 Design Premium - $599
CS3 Web Premium - $499
Acrobat 8 Professional - $159
Photoshop CS3 Estended - $299
CS3 Production Premium - $599
CS3 MasteryCollection - $999
CS3 Design Standard - $399
CS3 Web Standard - $399
Dreamweaver CS3 - $199
Illustrator CS3 - $199
Flash CS3 Professional - $249
InDesign CS3 - $199
Photoshop Lightroom - $99

dornoforpyros

macrumors 68040
Oct 19, 2004
Calgary, AB
Fun stuff, $1,960 (with tax) Canadian for the web premium, damn, that's 2/3 the price of my MBP!

Oh well, at the end of the day it pays the bills

dante@sisna.com

macrumors 6502a
Apr 21, 2006
What is Adobe CS

Okay, Thanks MacRumors for the upgrade chart BUT what is "Adobe CS?" This is listed with the "You Own Production Suite Premium."

I assume it is just an Abbreviated "Creative Suite" -- is this right?

I am still confused: Hopefully the Adobe site will be more clear.

For instance, I own the CreativeSuite 2 Premium and The Macromedia Collection, and I am still confused as to what I can upgrade to.

Perhaps it is just too late. Time to sleep.

Regardless, thanks for the efforts.

Dante

arn

macrumors god
Staff member
Apr 9, 2001
Okay, Thanks MacRumors for the upgrade chart BUT what is "Adobe CS?" This is listed with the "You Own Production Suite Premium."
For instance, I own the CreativeSuite 2 Premium and The Macromedia Collection, and I am still confused as to what I can upgrade to.

I fixed it. It's Adobe Creative Suite (any version).

Here's the info from Adobe's site, which might be much clearer

Attachments

• Picture 15.png
    Picture 15.png
    37.6 KB · Views: 298

tristan

macrumors 6502a
Jul 19, 2003
high-rise in beautiful bethesda
2007 will be a huge year for Apple and Adobe sales I predict.

All that's really left now to go Universal is Microsoft Office. I still run Office v.X and its got more bugs than Planet P. (Some Starship Troopers humor...)

randyharris

macrumors regular
Jul 10, 2006
Wow, $1,800. I had no idea the high end versions of CS would sell for so much.

That comes with a Mac Pro right?

:)

GFLPraxis

macrumors 604
Mar 17, 2004
The educational prices from the Adobe site (in US$):

CS3 Design Premium - $599
CS3 Web Premium - $499
Acrobat 8 Professional - $159
Photoshop CS3 Estended - $299
CS3 Production Premium - $599
CS3 MasteryCollection - $999
CS3 Design Standard - $399
CS3 Web Standard - $399
Dreamweaver CS3 - $199
Illustrator CS3 - $199
Flash CS3 Professional - $249
InDesign CS3 - $199
Photoshop Lightroom - $99

Aw man... $599 for Production or Design? I might have to just get Photoshop :(

Shoulda bought Apple and Adobe stock yesterday.

dante@sisna.com

macrumors 6502a
Apr 21, 2006
I stand corrected

Okay, I bashed Adobe a lot on both upgrade confusion and price yesterday in the first MacRumors post regarding CS3.

Let me be ONE OF THE FIRST TO SAY: "I Stand Corrected by Adobe's Fantastic Work in CS3." I was wrong.

I just read a detailed report at http://www.MacWorld.com/ regarding what CS3 features and on the integration between all the apps and I am BLOWN away.

As I do Print, Audio, Web, Multimedia, Flash, and Video for my clients, CS3 is going to really be huge.

Master Collection for me please: luckily I quality for the $1399.00 upgrade.

Now I just need an intel mac to take advantage of all apps.

G5 Quad in perfect condition with 4.5 gig ram, dual 300 gig drives, warranty, for sale? Hate to part with it, but budget may not allow for all the production tools we need this year -- not to mention the $5K we just spent on the new HP Z3100 color proof printer.

Ouch.

Can't wait for CS3 -- Nice job Adobe -- Will be worth the cost for sure.

This is getting good.

Dante

dante@sisna.com

macrumors 6502a
Apr 21, 2006
Thanks Arn

I fixed it. It's Adobe Creative Suite (any version).

Here's the info from Adobe's site, which might be much clearer

Thanks Arn -- Yes I just saw these prices on MacWorld as well.

I must say I am really impressed with the cross app integration. If it works 75% as good as claimed it will be HUGE for my workflow.

I am lucky in that I qualify for the Master Suite Upgrade for $1,399!

Ultimately, my Clients are the Very Lucky Ones.

Now I will have to begin the separation process with my G5 Quad (which I TOTALLY LOVE -- it is the BEST MAC I have ever owned) as our budget cannot justify keeping it while also purchasing the upcoming Mac Pro Octo.

I am sure Octo will ease my pain and drain my wallet.

THANKS Arn for your hard work.

Dante

nagromme

macrumors G5
May 2, 2002
This will be like getting a whole new Mac for me... just as much as if I were getting a new OS. And considering I haven't upgraded any of these apps since PS7, it will be a HUGE step forward for a cost I'm more than happy with. (Web Premium for $500, since I have Macromedia Studio bundle already.)

I appreciate the desire of many for consumer-level apps in these areas. CS3 is not that. The feature list and price points put the CS3 family firmly in the pro category. And it looks pretty good!

Maybe consumer "Elements" versions will follow.

GoLive's dead with no upgrade path?

I believe GoLive will live on as a consumer-level product--but this is about Creative Suite 3. GoLive and other consumer news will come at another time I expect.

dante@sisna.com

macrumors 6502a
Apr 21, 2006
Not Sure

GoLive's dead with no upgrade path?

I would not make that assumption unless that is what you have read.

I would check the Adobe site for you but I have to sleep.

Good luck. It is hard when an App dies out.

I suffered this years ago as I sensed Freehand's slow death. Luckily I jumped to Illustrator at version 10, suffered through it's interface, and lived.

*** BUT I will tell you this: DREAMWEAVER is going to have some fantastic time-saving integration with PHOTOSHOP and if the AJAX feature sets works as promised THIS WILL BE the tool to use and it will be worth it to jump from GOLIVE. Painful, but worth it.

Dante

dante@sisna.com

macrumors 6502a
Apr 21, 2006
You'll Be Blown Away

This will be like getting a whole new Mac for me... just as much as if I were getting a new OS. And considering I haven't upgraded any of these apps since PS7, it will be a HUGE step forward for a cost I'm more than happy with. (Web Premium for $500, since I have Macromedia Studio bundle already.)

I appreciate the desire of many for consumer-level apps in these areas. CS3 is not that. The feature list and price points put the CS3 family firmly in the pro category. And it looks pretty good!

Maybe consumer "Elements" versions will follow.

I believe GoLive will live on as a consumer-level product--but this is about Creative Suite 3. GoLive and other consumer news will come at another time I expect.

Yah, CS2 Would Blow you Away, CS3 will really make you motivated to use these apps.

Have Fun.

Dante

dante@sisna.com

macrumors 6502a
Apr 21, 2006
Great Marketing Materials on Adobe Site

Adobe's site has a great "Workflow Integration Demo" area on their site -- it is up live now.

nagromme

macrumors G5
May 2, 2002
All Intel-optimized

This is expected, but good to see it confirmed.

A couple new apps (Premiere Pro CS3, Encore CS3, Soundbooth CS3) are Intel-ONLY, and the rest are all Universal.

"every edition of Adobe Creative Suite 3 — including Creative Suite 3 Design Premium, Design Standard, Web Premium, Web Standard, Production Premium, and Master Collection — and all the standalone Creative Suite 3 applications fully support the new Intel® based Mac computers."

vin

macrumors member
Oct 8, 2003
NL
Great news, unless you're in Europe

So if i'm correct Adobe CS3 Design Standard sells for $ 1199,- in the US, which would come down to € 899,-.

In Europe however, I'll have to pay € 1269,- for the same package, which translates to $ 1693,- !!!

Great. :(

pengu

macrumors 6502a
Mar 20, 2005
Diddily Daddily...
*** BUT I will tell you this: DREAMWEAVER is going to have some fantastic time-saving integration with PHOTOSHOP and if the AJAX feature sets works as promised THIS WILL BE the tool to use and it will be worth it to jump from GOLIVE. Painful, but worth it.

you DO KNOW that photoshop is not suited to web graphics work, right? and you DO KNOW that the HTML and JavaScript that Dreamweaver creates is a complete mess, right?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.