Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Alpha Centauri

macrumors 65816
Oct 13, 2020
This new architecture has nothing to do with Matter. I use Philips Hue for all my lighting and no issues at all on the new architecture.
Yes, ok. I had posted on this thread previously but now I do know what my potential issue was again. I've a spare phone, an OG SE on 15.7.1 I use also for the Hue system. Now this I believe won't then work anymore once upgraded?

Reactions: adrianlondon

adrianlondon

macrumors 603
Nov 28, 2013
Switzerland
Yes, ok. I had posted on this thread previously but now I do know what my potential issue was again. I've a spare phone, an OG SE on 15.7.1 I use also for the Hue system. Now this I believe won't then work anymore once upgraded?
Correct. It's why I've not upgraded also.

However, as I have no Apple TV or Homepod, upgrading brings nothing new for me anyway.

spiderman0616

Suspended
Aug 1, 2010
You can read upthread of ways to tell if you’ve upgraded. Some of the ones I recall are:

1. HomeKit removed from Settings app on iPad.
2. Option to not use Apple TV as a Home hub removed.

On a side note, I’ve had no new issues with the new architecture since the 16.4 update and the old ones were resolved with one exception. All my “known to household” faces got randomly deleted from HKSV a few weeks ago. I have no idea why.
I had only one serious issue, and it was such a simple fix I was kicking myself. When the architecture update first came out, after I got all my devices set up my wife’s devices all got kicked out of the Home setup and her TV remote app and AirPlay access stopped working too. The fix was to delete the Home app and re-add her. I didn’t have to do any new setup or invites or anything—once she reinstalled and opened the app she was good to go.

spiderman0616

Suspended
Aug 1, 2010
Correct. It's why I've not upgraded also.

However, as I have no Apple TV or Homepod, upgrading brings nothing new for me anyway.
My Hue system works better than before on the new architecture even though it doesn’t support Matter. I no longer get the dreaded “unreachable” error on any of my bulbs and Siri requests are now pretty much instant where before sometimes it would have to think for a second before turning a light on or off.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.