Agree or Disagree: Watch 3 Red Crown is a Hideous Monstrosity?

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by julesme, Sep 12, 2017.

1. Seamaster macrumors 65816

Seamaster

Death to the red dot. MAKE THE APPLE WATCH GREAT AGAIN.

2. Leica Dad Suspended

Leica Dad

I like to put a black tape over my Leica camera's red logo, maybe I will try that with my Appel Watch!

3. largefarrva macrumors 6502a

I don't like red for the most part. If it were a little more subtle by being a darker red it wouldn't stand out so much, and not be so tacky. It's simple preference, and my preference isn't red. I don't know why you can't seem to understand that some people might not like the red...or are all you are trying to do is troll in this thread? We get it...you like it. Good for you. Some of us don't.

4. NovemberWhiskey macrumors 68030

NovemberWhiskey

If they introduced the red crown as a limited edition version, people would be going crazy trying to get it. In fact, I remember when leaks came out showing Cook wearing a special one-off, everyone was asking how to get that and some people suggested some stickers.

5. Relentless Power macrumors P6

Relentless Power

I recall this. He was wearing an Apple Watch stainless model on launch day and he was being interviewed out in the public. He held up his Apple Watch and it had a red digital crown. In Retrospect, either that was a beta model or he was already testing LTE during that time frame.

6. Newtons Apple Suspended

Newtons Apple

I do not like or dislike the red dot. It is nothing that could upset me either way. Yet I see some that seem to be freaking out over this. It is a pretty dark red, almost a burgundy.

Not trolling the thread, if you will read the title, it is asking for opinions on the red dot. Are you trolling this thread?

7. abdulkar.im macrumors 65816

abdulkar.im

I only ever notice it now when I put my watch on change and then not all the time. Really is a non-issue for me as it faces away from you anyway.

8. Newtons Apple Suspended

Newtons Apple

Agreed. Do not think I have even seen my red dot except for a couple of time. No one has commented on it a single time.

9. throAU macrumors 601

throAU

It’s tacky.

I expect more from Apple. They generally know fashion, and this is just tacky.

10. abdulkar.im macrumors 65816

abdulkar.im

Is it mainly people yet to buy the watch that are freaking out? Wearing it daily you really don't notice it.

11. Relentless Power macrumors P6

Relentless Power

I have already adjusted to the fact that I don't even see it anymore. The only time I ever notice it, is when someone else brings it up to me or I read about it on a tech forum.

12. Hater macrumors 6502

Hater

Just hit it with some nail varnish. You can have whatever colour you want, then!

13. James Craner macrumors 68000

James Craner

watchdots are already selling stickers to cover the red dot on the crown. This is my Series 3 Stainless Steel watch with a black watchdot applied.
    IMG_2591.JPG

14. Relentless Power macrumors P6

Relentless Power

Watch dots must be absolutely ecstatic the red dot exist on the Series 3 stainless watch. Because now they realize that certain customers are not going to tolerate the red dot and they will opt to watch dots as an alternative method to cover up the red dot. I bet their business has increased because of this.

15. bruinsrme macrumors 603

bruinsrme

The are the slowest company I’ve dealt with in quite a while.
    A little over 2 weeks to ship white dots.

16. Relentless Power macrumors P6

Relentless Power

I think someone else mentioned this as well. Perhaps due to the amount of influx in business.

17. pojo1806 macrumors 68000

Red dot can stay for me, I really like it.

18. abdulkar.im macrumors 65816

abdulkar.im

Aren't the watchdots just a tad too small?

19. iMan01 macrumors newbie

The red dot is literally the only thing preventing me from getting a series 3 lte Watch. I hate the idea of putting something like a sticker on the watch. I also hate the red dot. So, I’m just very undecided.

If they insisted on such a flawed design concept they should have at least allowed you to choose your color.

20. James Craner macrumors 68000

James Craner

Yes they are slightly smaller than the red dot, if you look closely you can see a slight red ring, but it is hardly noticeable from a distance. See the photo I posted above.

21. largefarrva macrumors 6502a

It’s definitely not a dark red, almost burgundy. If it were it wouldn’t stand out so much. I personally wouldn’t mind it so much. Either way it’s not upsetting to me as much as you’re inferring it is. I simply would rather have it covered the way it is right now, and just my personal preference.

As far as who’s trolling here....take a look at the thread title. It’s not just asking of people’s opinions but rather if people think it’s hideous. That’s more slanted towards a discussion for people who don’t like it. My original post in this thread was just my opinion. I had a follow post about my watchdot order which you felt the need to quote and respond by trying to bait me into these back-and-forth posts. So make of that what you will.

22. pesos macrumors 6502a

pesos

I wasn't a fan of the red dot choice but I will say in person it's darker than it looks in photos. I've adjusted to it.

23. bevsb2 macrumors 65816

I don't have a problem with the red crown, but I would definitely have a problem with putting a sticker/dot over it. In my opinion that would look tacky.