Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Boardiesboi

macrumors 601
Sep 3, 2013
Sydney Australia
Another Chinese video comparing AirPods Max with Bose 700 and Sennheiser Momentum 3. According to him, APM is better than Bose in terms of noise cancellation and better or on par with Momentum 3 in terms of sound quality.

Reactions: haruhiko

RiotMilk

macrumors member
Oct 30, 2020
So exciting, I’m still so indecisive whether to spend the $750 CAD these are...
If anybody can chime in once getting them, it is my understanding that it requires Big Sur if used on a Mac... I can’t update to Big Sur as of now due to critical work bound to last mid January. They wouldn’t arrive before that anyways though :p
Wait, these require Big Sur to connect to a macbook pro?! Noooo, I have the same problem as you, my work laptop will still be stuck on Catalina for a while longer I think. A big part of these for me was gonna be work zooms, dang..

• Sad
Reactions: amartinez1660

amartinez1660

macrumors 68000
Sep 22, 2014
Wait, these require Big Sur to connect to a macbook pro?! Noooo, I have the same problem as you, my work laptop will still be stuck on Catalina for a while longer I think. A big part of these for me was gonna be work zooms, dang..
Probably it will work as a normal Bluetooth headphones nevertheless I suppose, but if this Apple newsroom page is any metric:

Towards the end in pricing and availability, it says:
“AirPods Max require Apple devices running iOS 14.3 or later, iPadOS 14.3 or later, macOS Big Sur 11.1 or later, watchOS 7.2 or later, or tvOS 14.3 or later.”

Reactions: RiotMilk

Moriarty

macrumors 6502
Feb 3, 2008
Probably it will work as a normal Bluetooth headphones nevertheless I suppose, but if this Apple newsroom page is any metric:

Towards the end in pricing and availability, it says:
“AirPods Max require Apple devices running iOS 14.3 or later, iPadOS 14.3 or later, macOS Big Sur 11.1 or later, watchOS 7.2 or later, or tvOS 14.3 or later.”

I suspect that’s for smart features (like automatic device switching). Other AirPods work as regular Bluetooth headphones with Windows / Android etc.

Still, it’s a shame they’re not releasing an update for Catalina. Not sure yet how I feel about Big Sur. At least I’m not stuck on Catalina as I don’t use Apple devices for work.

I can’t wait until my gray pair turn up next week! I’ve been dying for a pair of ANC wireless headphones for a few years but nothing on the market has had all of the features that I want. Until now ?

Kiaeldan

macrumors newbie
Dec 8, 2020
Somebody knows if the headphone accommodation is already supported on 14.3 for the airpods max ?

VermontsFinest

macrumors 6502
Sep 16, 2020
My Apple card just had the charge go through from a launch day order, maybe we will be switching to PFS shortly?

gSOLO

macrumors regular
Jun 30, 2008
Baltimore, MD
I guess these reports’ll start coming in soon, but I just got a charge on my Apple Card. Order status is still “Processing,” but looks like things are starting to move.

wherewuz

macrumors member
Mar 14, 2011
I can view the not-logged-in version of my order status, and it says it's delivering to my first name/last initial, but when I log in to Apple.com and view my orders, I don't see my Airpods Pro Max, and when I click the order link from the email while logged in, it says the order isn't associated with my Apple ID? Just me?

VermontsFinest

macrumors 6502
Sep 16, 2020
I can view the not-logged-in version of my order status, and it says it's delivering to my first name/last initial, but when I log in to Apple.com and view my orders, I don't see my Airpods Pro Max, and when I click the order link from the email while logged in, it says the order isn't associated with my Apple ID? Just me?
There should be an option when you follow the link in the email you got to "add to your apple ID"

Reactions: wherewuz

bbs008

macrumors regular
Feb 24, 2020
anyone who order off best buy have a status update? mine still shows getting it ready , "will ship by tuesday" and is still cancellable

redRAYZA

macrumors 6502
Sep 19, 2007
anyone who order off best buy have a status update? mine still shows getting it ready , "will ship by tuesday" and is still cancellable

Ordered the Pink one from Best Buy and no status change yet. My Space Gray order from Apple is also still processing. We’ll likely see updates over the weekend.

hufflematt

macrumors 68000
Mar 7, 2015
UK
It's possible I've become obsessed and have fallen in love with the APM.

I know they're insanely expensive, but I can return my recently purchased HomePod and Beats Solo Pro and then I only need another £200.

I think they're beautifully designed (the blue especially, which will go awesomely with my blue iPhone 12). And I'm willing to believe the sound is great.

I hesitated to order originally, so I missed the early delivery, so ordering from Apple is a non-starter. But there's an online store that will have stock on Tuesday, so I'm really tempted to try then.

Hopefully you guys are with me, lol.

mdurech

macrumors member
Sep 9, 2015
Seems like my MasterCard has been charged but it’s kind of weird the amount, looks like they charged the GST and the AirPods Max separately. Also paid for faster shipping, said Dec 15-17 but now it’s changed to Dec 16-18. Dec 16-18 was the free shipping option. Anyone else seeing this? Located here in Edmonton, Alberta, Canada. Going to see if Apple will refund the extra $15 that I paid for faster shipping.

gSOLO

macrumors regular
Jun 30, 2008
Baltimore, MD
It was always 16-18 with fast shipping in Canada as far as I'm aware. I started checking about 20 minutes after the announcement, and ordered shortly thereafter.

mdurech

macrumors member
Sep 9, 2015
It was always 16-18 with fast shipping in Canada as far as I'm aware. I started checking about 20 minutes after the announcement, and ordered shortly thereafter.
Ya you are right my email says 16-18, not sure why I was thinking I saw 15-17.

zea

macrumors regular
Sep 29, 2014
For the new AirPods Max, can you pay for AC monthly and it be renewable or is AC for these headphones inlet for two years maximum?

thanks

I’m wondering this too. Usually it has the option to add monthly during purchase, but I only saw the 2 year plan.

csicilia

macrumors member
Jan 20, 2016
Mines ordered on launch day, silver with engraving, moved today to PTS, delivery estimate Dec 29 not changed. I have not received credit card charge yet.

Last edited:
Reactions: DomoRules

dillsnufus

macrumors regular
Apr 12, 2009
Mines ordered on launch day, silver with engraving, moved today to PTS, delivery estimate Dec 29 not changed. I have not received credit card charge yet.
My window is 15-17 and still processing . I’m assuming it’ll change to PTS today

jaybar

macrumors 68020
Dec 11, 2008
Hi

Any advantage to space black AirPod Max?

I ordered the SB, but I am now having mixed feelings. My delivery is March 8 -22, 2021. I am concerned that canceling an reordering will add further delay.

so, are there any pluses to the SB?

thanks.

jaybar

macrumors 68020
Dec 11, 2008
Hi

I ordered the SB, but I am now having mixed feelings. My delivery is March 8 -22, 2021. I am concerned that canceling an reordering will add further delay.

thanks.

Bluepig45

macrumors member
Mar 28, 2020
If you think they're expensive, you'd probably be happier with cheaper, less expensive headphones. Some of Apple's pricing is clearly the luxury/lifestyle brand pricing. Some however, is the tech. I'm willing to bet these headphones compete well against headphones that cost thousands... The spatial audio in the AirPods Pro is mind-blowing. That spatial audio in cans with computational audio is likely to be worth every cent they're charging.

Bottom line is that for people who love music, and have the money, this is a no-brainer IMHO.
And you know this how, because Apple said so? No one has actually tested them for audio clarity, range, or response. There are certainly no-brainers' out there, but until this receives the scrutiny of professionals, I for one, am not willing to call it an Audiophile Miracle.

anshuvorty

macrumors 68040
Sep 1, 2010
California, USA
Hi

thanks.
Stop spamming the same post. We saw it and we will respond if we want to.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.