Become a MacRumors Supporter for $25/year with no ads, private forums, and more!

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

Apple is one step closer to achieving supply/demand balance for its AirPods, and the highly desired earphones are now shipping out from the online Apple Store in just one to two weeks in the United States, Canada, UK, Australia, and several other countries around the world.

According to Apple's website in the United States, AirPods ordered today will be delivered between September 21 and September 28, the best estimates we've seen since the AirPods became available for purchase.

airpods1to2weeks-800x513.jpg

AirPods have been in short supply since launch. For many weeks, AirPods shipping estimates were at six weeks, but stock improved enough in early August that shipping estimates dropped to four weeks. Later in the month, estimates improved to two to three weeks before hitting one to two weeks today.

At this rate, Apple will be close to achieving an adequate supply later this month or at the beginning of October.

During Apple's third quarter earnings call, Apple CEO Tim Cook said Apple had boosted AirPods production capacity and was "working very hard" to get AirPods to customers as quickly as possible.

Though AirPods have been hard to come by from the online Apple Store, Apple retail stores have occasionally received stock and third-party retailers like Best Buy and various carrier stores have been able to offer AirPods with faster shipping on a regular basis.

Priced at $159, Apple's wire-free AirPods have been incredibly popular thanks to features like long battery life, a simple charge case, infrared sensors to detect when they're in the ear, touch-based gestures, and the W1 chip that improves Bluetooth connection and facilitates quick transfers between different devices.

Article Link: AirPods Shipping Estimates Improve to 1 to 2 Weeks

Appleaker

macrumors 68020
Jun 13, 2016
Getting them in stock for next generation iPhone buyers, I’m sure they will slip back after the announcement/release. I hope that’s not the case though.

jsalda

macrumors regular
Jun 6, 2008
I was able to find a pair in a small town Wal-Mart, about 30 miles away using one of the in stock reporting sites.

Love them! Although I had to purchase some silicone hooks so that they wouldn't fall out, they are the best gym ear phones I've ever used.

truthertech

macrumors 68020
Jun 24, 2016
Is this all evidence that they have been stockpiling the AirPods for a bundle package of some sort with the new iPhones? Has there ever been a product that Apple has produced that has had zero improvement in shipping in almost a year? One would expect a slow ramp up of production, but the AirPods shipping time never improved from the outset until the past month. It is only recently that the shipping times improved. I can't recall any product like that, especially one in such high demand. The fact that they are only now becoming available in a reasonable time would correspond with Apple having reached the necessary millions stockpiled to offer as a bundle, perhaps in an additional color.

We will soon find out.

TheCapricorn

macrumors newbie
Sep 7, 2017
I was able to find a pair in a small town Wal-Mart, about 30 miles away using one of the in stock reporting sites.

Love them! Although I had to purchase some silicone hooks so that they wouldn't fall out, they are the best gym ear phones I've ever used.
one of the best thing I ever owned .... I love them and use them all the time .... well they never fall trust me ....
sounds crazy ? i play Basket ball ... run ... bike .... working in house or in garage .. nope they don't fall .... as long as you use right on on right ear and left one ??? yes on left ear ... sounds is great... I change my setting in IOS 11 where when i tap on left one its play/stop and right one 2 tap is FF or next track ...

Reactions: ssspinball

Karma*Police

macrumors 68020
Jul 15, 2012
Wow, took them long enough. I'm seeing them more and more now so anectodotally it seems to jibe with supply/demand nearing equilibrium.

They better keep ramping up though... these things are going to be in very high demand this holiday season.

jhfenton

macrumors 65816
Dec 11, 2012
Cincinnati, Ohio
According to Apple's website in the United States, AirPods ordered today will be delivered between September 21 and September 28, the best estimates we've seen since the AirPods became available for purchase.

airpods1to2weeks-800x513.jpg

AirPods have been in short supply since launch. For many weeks, AirPods shipping estimates were at six weeks, but stock improved enough in early August that shipping estimates dropped to four weeks. Later in the month, estimates improved to two to three weeks before hitting one to two weeks today.
I'm confused. September 21 to 28 is still 2 to 3 weeks from today, September 7. It just uses the dates rather than saying 2 to 3 weeks.

Reactions: DeepIn2U

macrumors 601
May 19, 2011
These better be included in the box of a $1000+ cell phone that has no headphone jack.

Hahahaha...absolutely not.
[doublepost=1504810290][/doublepost]
Waiting for mine since mid August, can't wait any longer!

Have you even looked around, apart from at Apple? You can pick them up at a lot of big retailers here in the UK. I dunno where you are, but John Lewis have had stock for months now. They only seem to be sold out at Apple. I think you'll find if you look at big chain tech stores, you'll find somewhere that's got plenty of stock.
[doublepost=1504810431][/doublepost]
Jet Black AirPods Series 2 next week please.

People keep talking about AirPods Series 2 but honestly what would they add? The product doesn't need updating. Can't see Apple touching these again for a couple of years. It's just not that kind of product.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.