Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

Apple this morning started rolling out access to Apple Arcade, giving a handful of people early access to the $4.99 per month service.

Apple Arcade isn't launching with the more than 100 titles Apple has said are in development, but there are over 50 games to download across a wide range of categories. All of the games are listed below.

applearcadeinterface-800x516.jpg

[*]Assemble With Care (usTwo)
[*]Shantae and the Seven Sirens (WayForward Technologies)
[*]Grindstone (Capybara Games)
[*]WHAT THE GOLF? (The Label)
[*]Card of Darkness (Zach Gage)
[*]LEGO Brawls (LEGO)
[*]Patterned (Borderleap)
[*]Stellar Commanders (Blindflug Studios)
[*]Where Cards Fall (Snowman)
[*]Overland (Finji)
[*]Exit the Gungeon (Devolver Digital)
[*]Rayman Mini (Ubisoft)
[*]Spaceland (Tortuga Team)
[*]Agent Intercept (PikPok)
[*]Punch Planet (Block Zero Games)
[*]Sneaky Sasquatch (Rac7 Games)
[*]Operator 41 (Shifty Eye Games)
[*]Frogger in Toy Town (Konami)
[*]Red Reign (Ninja Kiwi)
[*]Various Daylife (Square Enix)
[*]Mini Motorways (Dinosaur Polo Club)
[*]Don't Bug Me! (Frosty Pop)
[*]Oceanhorn 2 (Cornfox & Bros)
[*]King's League II (Kurechii)
[*]Explottens (Werplay Priv.)
[*]Spelldrifter (Free Range Games)
[*]The Get Out Kids (Frosty Pop)
[*]Spek. (Rac7 Games)
[*]Way of the Turtle (Illusion Labs)
[*]Lifeslide (Block Zero Games)
[*]Neo Cab (Surprise Attack Games)
[*]Skate City (Snowman)
[*]Tint. (Lykke Studios)
[*]The Enchanted World (Noodlecake Studios)
[*]Over the Alps (Stave Studios)
[*]Hot Lava (Klei Entertainment)
[*]The Pinball Wizard (Frosty Pop)
[*]Shinsekai Into the Depths (Capcom)
[*]Word Laces (Minimega)
[*]Dear Reader (Local No. 12)
[*]Projection: First Light (Blowfish Studios)
[*]ATONE: Heart of the Elder Tree (Wildboy Studios)
[*]Big Time Sports (Frosty Pop)
[*]Tangle Tower (SFB Games)
[*]Dread Nautical (Zen Studios)
[*]Mutazione (Die Gute Fabrik)
[*]Bleak Sword (Devolver Digital)
[*]Sayonara Wild Hearts (Annapurna)
[*]Dead End Job (Headup)
[*]Cat Quest II (The Gentlebros)
[*]Dodo Peak (Moving Pieces)
[*]Cricket Through the Ages (Devolver Digital)
[*]Speed Demons (Radiangames)

According to Apple, new Apple Arcade games will be added to the service on a weekly basis, so there are plenty of additional games that will be coming soon.

The Apple Arcade interface is like a mini App Store itself, with various game categories, gaming tips, and more.

applearcadecategories-800x779.jpg

Of the above list, Apple is highlighting many of the games in different categories like "Start Your Adventure," "New Arrivals," "You Have to Hear This," "No Time to Blink," and more.

Ahead of Apple Arcade's debut, Apple has taken a deeper glimpse into some of the games that are coming, including developer commentary and gameplay details in an Apple Newsroom article. Games covered include The Enchanted World, Patterned, Overland, and Card of Darkness.

Apple Arcade is set to launch officially on Thursday, September 19, right alongside the rollout of iOS 13. The service is $4.99 per month for the entire family, with a free one-month trial available.

Article Link: All the Games on Apple Arcade at Launch

Reactions: mudflap

ck2875

macrumors 65816
Mar 25, 2009
Brighton
Of note: it looks like they just enabled signing up if you’re on the iOS 13 GM. It was still showing the ‘Notify Me’ box about an hour ago and now it’s giving me the option to start the free trial.

(I keep inadvertently checking that tab when I go to check for app updates, but that’s another rant.)

Reactions: Virgilinsanity

tony_glasgow

macrumors member
Jul 16, 2015
UK
Of note: it looks like they just enabled signing up if you’re on the iOS 13 GM. It was still showing the ‘Notify Me’ box about an hour ago and now it’s giving me the option to start the free trial.

Me too, in UK (iOS 13.1Beta)

brinary001

Suspended
Sep 4, 2012
Midwest, USA
I'm actually really intrigued by this new service! When they announced it six months ago I was lukewarm towards it at best, but seeing all the titles launching and reading about all the stuff you get for five bucks a month, I just might give this a whirl.

Reactions: Classie

Mabus51

Suspended
Aug 16, 2007
Are these games only available thru the subscription or can they be purchased individually? I would never subscribe to this service the only game listed that I’m sort of interested in is Exit the Gungeon as Enter the Gungeon was pretty fun.

macduke

macrumors G5
Jun 27, 2007
What I want to know is will some of these games be removed from time to time and only be available on the App Store? If so, will we get advance notice so we can finish a story?

Definitely signing up for it though. $4.99/mo is crazy inexpensive.

Exposed

macrumors member
Aug 6, 2012
Any of you guys on iOS beta can get this, go to the Arcade tab in the App Store and then click the button and submit your email (I used my iCloud one)

I just checked 2h later and had button to try for a month

ericg301

macrumors 68020
Jun 15, 2010
any of these a candy-crush "match 3" style game? that's all my wife plays....and she spends way more that $4.99/mo on them.

Reactions: jinnj

Return Zero

macrumors 65816
Oct 2, 2013
Kentucky
None of these games are system sellers.

They don't have to sell a system, just a $5 subscription.

Boring! I'm a gamer and will not be signing up for this service. Just like the Apple TV + service. It looks boring.

I thought Skyrim looked boring when it came out. It became quite a hit. Minecraft looks more boring than any of these games to me, but it's doing alright. Didn't you ever learn not to judge a book by its cover? Also, hard-core gamers are not the target market here. $5/mo for the whole family is a steal if you have kids.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.