Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

matrix07

macrumors G3
Jun 24, 2010
AFAIK so far they don't even have something the quality of Monument Valley, let alone being in the same league as console games.

Meh.. UsTwo, who made Monument Valley, is one of the confirmed game producer on Arcade. (and some game already remind us of MV already, for example
https://twitter.com/solwatts/status/1173867402997706752)

I love this desperate dance lol.
(Not that I think Arcade will be a sure hit but the denial despite the fact is so delicious to see)

Khedron

Suspended
Sep 27, 2013
Meh.. UsTwo, who made Monument Valley, is one of the confirmed game producer on Arcade. (and some game already remind us of MV already, for example

(Not that I think Arcade will be a sure hit but the denial despite the fact is so delicious to see)

Have you played Sayonara? Because I have, and I wasn't impressed. Nothing at all like Monument Valley IMO, apart from a tiny bit of visual style.

Otaviano

macrumors 6502a
Nov 22, 2007
(I keep inadvertently checking that tab when I go to check for app updates, but that’s another rant.)

Such a waste to have Apple Arcade take up a tab at the bottom of the app store. They really should have repurposed Game Center a few years ago and moved all the game stuff in there.

matrix07

macrumors G3
Jun 24, 2010
That's what you used to determine that your opinion of Arcade is more valid than my actual experience, right?

Your experience certainly isn't any more valid than others don't you think? And I couldn't care less what you think of the games. I have very low opinion of what you think and THAT is as valid as your experience.

Reactions: MacNeb and bbednarz

Khedron

Suspended
Sep 27, 2013
Your experience certainly isn't any more valid than others don't you think? And I couldn't care less what you think of the games. I have very low opinion of what you think and THAT is as valid as your experience.

I only speak for myself. And for me so far Arcade doesn't justify its monthly subscription.

According to you all opinions are valid but negative opinions of Apple are less valid than others...

matrix07

macrumors G3
Jun 24, 2010
I only speak for myself. And for me so far Arcade doesn't justify its monthly subscription.

According to you all opinions are valid but negative opinions of Apple are less valid than others...

Don't pretend to know what I think. I don't care about opinion of someone who has "agenda" like you. Come back when you have an open minded.

Khedron

Suspended
Sep 27, 2013
Don't pretend to know what I think. I don't care about opinion of someone who has "agenda" like you. Come back when you have an open minded.

My agenda is the best products and services. On the other hand there are a number of people on here who admit their agenda is the best Apple stock price.

matrix07

macrumors G3
Jun 24, 2010
My agenda is the best products and services. On the other hand there are a number of people on here who admit their agenda is the best Apple stock price.

Don't lift your tail. (that means stop thinking highly of oneself and think lowly of others)

This become irrelevant to the topic so I'm not going to continue.

ds2000

macrumors 6502a
May 24, 2012

You've replied to about 10 posts saying "I don't care" - it's quite clear you do ;)

Reactions: matrix07

tethead

macrumors 6502
Apr 13, 2005
NJ
What the Golf is hilarious - just completely inane humor. Smoke a bowl and get lost in this, it's great!

bluespider

macrumors 6502a
May 12, 2009
Space Coast FL
I have to admit, for $4.99 I like arcade... I like the fact that if I don't like a game I'm not out anything, delete it and move on... there are def a few in there that I will continue to play and if they refresh the content with quality games ergo OceanHorn 2 and Frogger and others it's better than buy one game @4.99 or in app purchases, etc... I think this is a winner.

Not so sure about TV+, but arcade is a keeper.

TacoChowder

macrumors member
Aug 16, 2019

ustwo also did Assemble with Care. I cried at the end of it, but my dad also started texting me during the last few objects.
[doublepost=1568733584][/doublepost]
I'll try that, any similarity to Golf Story which was also great and more story than simulation?
Golf Story is an RPG. What the Golf is a comedy game, in terms of playing with styles, controls, and expectations of a golf game. I've laughed out loud at some levels, almost whacked my girlfriend when FPS golf started.

Khedron

Suspended
Sep 27, 2013
ustwo also did Assemble with Care. I cried at the end of it, but my dad also started texting me during the last few objects.
[doublepost=1568733584][/doublepost]
Golf Story is an RPG. What the Golf is a comedy game, in terms of playing with styles, controls, and expectations of a golf game. I've laughed out loud at some levels, almost whacked my girlfriend when FPS golf started.

Yes Assemble With Care is good but unless they're making one a month it doesn't justify the subscription model

TacoChowder

macrumors member
Aug 16, 2019
Yes Assemble With Care is good but unless they're making one a month it doesn't justify the subscription model
Well, you can play it for free this month! It's not like Monument Valley took more than an hour, either. And you get more than just one game in a game subscription lol. Try some stuff out, there's a good variety

mikekirk

macrumors member
May 26, 2010

Apple this morning started rolling out access to Apple Arcade, giving a handful of people early access to the $4.99 per month service.

Apple Arcade isn't launching with the more than 100 titles Apple has said are in development, but there are over 50 games to download across a wide range of categories. All of the games are listed below.

applearcadeinterface-800x516.jpg

[*]Assemble With Care (usTwo)
[*]Shantae and the Seven Sirens (WayForward Technologies)
[*]Grindstone (Capybara Games)
[*]WHAT THE GOLF? (The Label)
[*]Card of Darkness (Zach Gage)
[*]LEGO Brawls (LEGO)
[*]Patterned (Borderleap)
[*]Stellar Commanders (Blindflug Studios)
[*]Where Cards Fall (Snowman)
[*]Overland (Finji)
[*]Exit the Gungeon (Devolver Digital)
[*]Rayman Mini (Ubisoft)
[*]Spaceland (Tortuga Team)
[*]Agent Intercept (PikPok)
[*]Punch Planet (Block Zero Games)
[*]Sneaky Sasquatch (Rac7 Games)
[*]Operator 41 (Shifty Eye Games)
[*]Frogger in Toy Town (Konami)
[*]Red Reign (Ninja Kiwi)
[*]Various Daylife (Square Enix)
[*]Mini Motorways (Dinosaur Polo Club)
[*]Don't Bug Me! (Frosty Pop)
[*]Oceanhorn 2 (Cornfox & Bros)
[*]King's League II (Kurechii)
[*]Explottens (Werplay Priv.)
[*]Spelldrifter (Free Range Games)
[*]The Get Out Kids (Frosty Pop)
[*]Spek. (Rac7 Games)
[*]Way of the Turtle (Illusion Labs)
[*]Lifeslide (Block Zero Games)
[*]Neo Cab (Surprise Attack Games)
[*]Skate City (Snowman)
[*]Tint. (Lykke Studios)
[*]The Enchanted World (Noodlecake Studios)
[*]Over the Alps (Stave Studios)
[*]Hot Lava (Klei Entertainment)
[*]The Pinball Wizard (Frosty Pop)
[*]Shinsekai Into the Depths (Capcom)
[*]Word Laces (Minimega)
[*]Dear Reader (Local No. 12)
[*]Projection: First Light (Blowfish Studios)
[*]ATONE: Heart of the Elder Tree (Wildboy Studios)
[*]Big Time Sports (Frosty Pop)
[*]Tangle Tower (SFB Games)
[*]Dread Nautical (Zen Studios)
[*]Mutazione (Die Gute Fabrik)
[*]Bleak Sword (Devolver Digital)
[*]Sayonara Wild Hearts (Annapurna)
[*]Dead End Job (Headup)
[*]Cat Quest II (The Gentlebros)
[*]Dodo Peak (Moving Pieces)
[*]Cricket Through the Ages (Devolver Digital)
[*]Speed Demons (Radiangames)

According to Apple, new Apple Arcade games will be added to the service on a weekly basis, so there are plenty of additional games that will be coming soon.

The Apple Arcade interface is like a mini App Store itself, with various game categories, gaming tips, and more.

applearcadecategories-800x779.jpg

Of the above list, Apple is highlighting many of the games in different categories like "Start Your Adventure," "New Arrivals," "You Have to Hear This," "No Time to Blink," and more.

Ahead of Apple Arcade's debut, Apple has taken a deeper glimpse into some of the games that are coming, including developer commentary and gameplay details in an Apple Newsroom article. Games covered include The Enchanted World, Patterned, Overland, and Card of Darkness.

Apple Arcade is set to launch officially on Thursday, September 19, right alongside the rollout of iOS 13. The service is $4.99 per month for the entire family, with a free one-month trial available.

Article Link: All the Games on Apple Arcade at Launch
[doublepost=1568744141][/doublepost]Are all titles going to be available on all three platforms (iOS, tvOS & mac OS)? I'm not clear on this, and quite excited about the possibility of Oceanhorn 2 on my Mac.

NoahK17

macrumors member
Apr 24, 2009
Westeros
[doublepost=1568744141][/doublepost]Are all titles going to be available on all three platforms (iOS, tvOS & mac OS)? I'm not clear on this, and quite excited about the possibility of Oceanhorn 2 on my Mac.

That's the idea! All games available on Apple TV, iPhone, iPad, and Mac!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.