All the Rumors about the iPhone 5 in ONE infographic

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by jason2811, Mar 23, 2011.

1. Howdr macrumors regular

Howdr

LOl I think it will be

brushed metal back ( since there is a law suit about the glass)
    Better designed antenna
    Wider 4" screen
    better battery
    Dual core
    1gb ram ( maybe)
    64gb model
    LTE
    NFC
    White model

maybe a surprise or two?

Oh and it will be out by Late July early August.:)

2. boss.king macrumors 68040

boss.king

Nice find.

I predict:
    4" display (dunno about the implications of this in terms of the phones physical size)
    Similar battery life
    16/32GB
    Same resolution/lower ppi
    Metal back
    Same Camera
    No LTE
    A5 processor
    Increased ram (not too sure about this)
    NFC as one of the 'main attractions'

3. wordoflife macrumors 604

wordoflife

I really doubt we are going to see a device with a 4" screen or without a home button.

4. Reach9 macrumors 68020

Reach9

Very Apple-like rumor round up indeed!
    I like it!

But i don't think it'll be coming out in September though.

5. QuarterSwede macrumors G3

QuarterSwede

Why isn't this designer working for Apple? GREAT icons.

6. oefootball70 macrumors member

Very cool ideas, I am not sure what all will pan out with the iPhone5 but I just don't know.

If it is a better designed phone and gets at least a 8 mega pixel camera I might get rid of my evo.

7. itsmemuffins macrumors 68030

itsmemuffins

I wouldn't mind one little bit if the iP5 looked like the top image, not one little bit.

8. URFloorMatt macrumors 6502

9. b166er macrumors 68020

b166er

I do like the mock-up, but I'm hoping they don't round off the edges again. I like the form of the iPhone 4. I'd love a bigger screen but I won't hold my breathe. June/July is what my money is on. I think getting rid of the home button is a great idea, since I more or less have worn out the one on my iPhone 4. If they can improve how well the button holds up over time, or replace it with some sort of sensor that you tap instead of having to actually press, that'd be cool. I guess I do more or less agree with the likelihood of the rumors laid out here. Again, digging that mock-up.

10. Small White Car macrumors G4

Small White Car

Nice graphic and pretty good for the most part.

The one they screwed up is 'better resolution.' There's no way there's a 40% chance of that happening this year.

Hell, I don't think the iPhone's resolution will change for MANY years, even if the screen goes all the up to 4 inches.

11. canderton macrumors member

i'm gonna be pissed if they don't release it till september. I'm due for an upgrade from my 3GS, I really don't want to wait another 3-4 months from the normal june-july release. I don't really think that rumor is likely, but if it is the Evo 4G 3D release this summer is going to be REALLY tempting....

12. tirk macrumors 6502

tirk

You can argue with the percentages, but not with the quality of the work. Brilliant job. :apple:

13. zombierunner macrumors 6502a

zombierunner

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_3 like Mac OS X; en-gb) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8F190 Safari/6533.18.5)

iPhone 5 needs to have glassless 3G technology. I mean the htc Evo and lg optimus both already have that .. Also screen needs to be atleast 4 inch .. Retina display needs to have even more ppi ... Better battery, these are things that already exist .. iPhone 5 needs it.

14. boss.king macrumors 68040

boss.king

Yeah, I hate having to wear glasses while using 3G ;)
    But seriously, 3D is a gimmick. Maybe in the future it will be more appropriate, but at the moment I'd rather they didn't try implement it

15. Sedrick macrumors 68030

Sedrick

Well we know it won't have a metallic rounded back (as much as I like the mockup). That would kill the antenna system.

16. knux11 macrumors regular

20% chance to be available this summer?

because the fact that a new iphone has been released every summer since 2007 doesn't tell you anything.

the flat back is my FAVORITE single thing about the iphone 4. Made me want to keep my ip4, even with the wifi problems. never liked the backs of any others (other than the original). an aluminum, flat back would be awesome.

17. itsmemuffins macrumors 68030

itsmemuffins

Nah, 3D screen should be on the bottom of everyone's list IMO.

18. iMattcotv macrumors 6502

iMattcotv

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_2_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8C148 Safari/6533.18.5)

Carbon fiber fused back anyone?

Top that off with the sexy aluminum antenna design, and a 4" screen..

That would be incredible.

You'd be looking at a thinner, lighter more stable and durable design just from the carbon fiber alone.

19. Sedrick macrumors 68030

Sedrick

What do you think would be the market reaction if Apple did NONE of these things? What if they gave us the same exact phone with a new processor and some OS updates? (like their mid-cycle refresh as been so far)

20. Dino F macrumors 68020

Dino F

+1 on that my friend!!!

There are gonna be loads of people highly p'ed off come this summer if none of these are implemented and my money is going on Apple doing EXACTLY THAT...!!:D

21. Simm0nS777 macrumors 6502a

Bet you're wrong.

22. iFiend macrumors 65816

Do tell?

23. iFiend macrumors 65816

Several of the rumors I've read about implementing a metallic back have said that the antenna would be placed inside the :apple: logo! That would be pretty badass :D

24. jayenh macrumors 6502

resolution in what sense? i think if they increase the screen size they will increase the hight x width figures to keep the DPI the same. they made a big fuss about finding "the sweet spot" last year. i think it's less of a screw up than some of the other rumours and corresponding percentages (hasn't NFC been all but discarded for the next phone?)