Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

mazdamiata210

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Sep 28, 2014
Am I crazy for wanting to return my iPhone X for a Plus?

Went from a 6S Plus to the X and I feel like it's a step down.

I love Face ID, but everything else seems like a downgrade.

The screen looks great, but it does turn blue. It's 5.8 inches, yet feels a lot smaller.

Battery should be only slightly less than a Plus, yet it feels more like a 6,7,8. I would never worry if my phone was going to make it through the day with my Plus. Now it feels like I am afraid to use my phone cause I can watch the battery draining while I'm texting for 5 minutes. I'm currently on 60% with only 3 hours 30 minutes use

Edit:

Talked to Apple support and was told this:

sVDLYILuR06RB_te69DjyA.png

Last edited:

PBz

macrumors 68030
Nov 3, 2005
SoCal
I have 8+. Slightly considering X.
These posts possibly saving me $$.
I LOVE the 8+.
X is cool but I’ve loved this form factor since 6+.
8+ camera is crazy good. My 8+ did better than X in an Apple Store with some quick test shots.

lilj4425

macrumors 6502a
Apr 26, 2007
I went from the 6s plus to the X also and would never go back. The X is far superior in my opinion. Faster processor, more gigabyte space, better camera, etc. then the 6s plus.

Shadowbech

macrumors G3
Oct 18, 2011
I have both currently but will get rid of my 8 Plus. I really like the X. After using my iPhone X. It's very uncomfortable now to hold my 8 Plus.

Reactions: McPc

jbachandouris

macrumors 603
Aug 18, 2009
Upstate NY
I had both and chose to keep the 8 Plus.

Didn't like the notch. Didn't like the screen width. It felt too light, I guess I'm too used to bigger phones at this point. Both are great phones.

At the end of the day, it's JUST a phone. Decide for yourself what you want and don't let anyone else decide for you.

Cashmonee

macrumors 65832
May 27, 2006
Yes, but not because you have to like the X. I would say you and everyone else that bought the X in the last 72 hours and returned it are crazy for not giving it more time. It is a completely different experience from any iPhone before it, and will take some time to assess whether it agrees with you or not. You have 14 days. Use them.

DerfBWH

macrumors 6502
Aug 11, 2008
You're not crazy at all. I've decided to give the iPhone X until the end of the week, but I'm heavily leaning towards going back to my iPhone 7 Plus. The loss of screen width is just too much of a downgrade for me.

pat500000

Suspended
Jun 3, 2015
I came from 6 plus to x...it’s great, but i miss the size of plus. What i will definitely will miss is the lcd screen. Good the thing about lcd is no burn-in potential, but x will less like to get burn in as well if you turn on auto-brightness.

j800r

macrumors 6502
Jan 5, 2011
Coventry, West mids, England
The only possibly “crazy” thing is how you couldn’t have worked this out to begin with.

We already knew everything we needed to about the X. The information is all out there. The only reason you should need to return it is if there is a defect. That’s the only thing you couldn’t have been prepared for.

If you weren’t sure you should really have held off. The haters all claim we’ll buy anything without a second thought and this feels like it backs them up. Don’t just pick something up cause it’s the latest thing or cause of FaceID alone.

Reactions: MisterMillz

santela

macrumors regular
May 15, 2017
No, the plus has a lot going for it.

But I am curious about the battery, since the X actually has a slightly larger battery and YouTube tests I’ve seen the X outlasts the 8+ by quite a bit.

Cyberguycpt

macrumors 6502a
Sep 28, 2014
I came from 6 plus to x...it’s great, but i miss the size of plus. What i will definitely will miss is the lcd screen. Good the thing about lcd is no burn-in potential, but x will less like to get burn in as well if you turn on auto-brightness.

It’s funny I been doing Samsung phones for a while and never experienced screen burn in unless it was a store model on a constant loop. Why does this keep coming up?

DerfBWH

macrumors 6502
Aug 11, 2008
It’s funny I been doing Samsung phones for a while and never experienced screen burn in unless it was a store model on a constant loop. Why does this keep coming up?
We as Apple customers have been conditioned for years to decry OLED for burn-in, image retention, and inaccurate colors and to tout Apple's LCD advantages. Old habits die hard.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.