Am I the only one around her that is more excited about iPhone more than Apple Watch

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by serkan, Sep 15, 2014.

?

Which makes you more excited ?

1. Iphone 6 and 6+

86.1%
  2. Apple Watch

17.2%
  1. serkan macrumors 6502

serkan

The title actually says the question.

Which of these two amazing products make you more excited ?

2. miamialley macrumors 68030

miamialley

Around her or ther?

I don't care about the watch.

3. HiRez macrumors 603

HiRez

For now, definitely the iPhone. Ask me again in 2 years about the watch.

4. IFRIT macrumors 6502a

5. dumastudetto macrumors 68030

iPhone for now. But it won't be long before I start lusting after the Apple Watch as the launch date draws closer. Let's be honest. We all know we're buying one, but because we can't atm then the incredible new iPhones are the thing we focus on.

6. saving107 macrumors 603

saving107

Considering the iPhone 6 is coming out in a few days, I'm more excited about the iPhone right now. Ask me again in 6 months.

7. accountforit macrumors 6502a

I can't see any reason I would ever need an Apple watch. It's an add on money grab.

8. nuckfan macrumors newbie

Not that excited about the Apple Watch at all. Too expensive a price point, not anything that extends functionality that I think would be useful for me.

9. TJ82 macrumors 6502a

TJ82

Why would you get excited about the AppleWatch. It's a bulky notification accessory for the iPhone :D

Maybe in 5 years or more when it's a standalone product and doesn't look like some tacky fashion item then it'll be something to get excited about. For now there are lots of serious watches out there that can last 50 hours + with GPS etc.

But yes, really looks forward to my iPhablet 6+. For me it's the perfect replacement for my iPad. It's small enough to be ported around when travelling and in daily use, and big enough to read eBooks and browse on. Might even start trying games on it.

10. phobic99 macrumors 6502a

phobic99

I'm actually more excited about the watch for some reason but the 6 is my first iPhone since the iPhone 3G. Looking forward to both.

11. LasersGoPewPew macrumors regular

LasersGoPewPew

More interested in the iPhone right now. The watch is just whatever to me.

12. Ergates-thi-Ant macrumors 6502

I'm more excited about the iPhone 6 than the watch, but then the phone is coming on Friday, and the watch is still only a bit more than vapourware.

That said, I have a Pebble smartwatch, and that's really useful. I expect the Apple watch to be a whole lot better than the Pebble, so I'm also quite excited about that.

13. Brittany246 macrumors 6502a

I'm not excited about the watch because it's a first gen product and because it's 350 dollars. I'm not going to spend that much on a watch that barely does anything. I don't get the appeal of smart watches in general. I feel like it would be such a pain in the ass having to anything on such a small screen.

14. LadyX macrumors 68020

LadyX

The iPhone. Don't care about the Apple Watch at all.

15. Harvey Specter macrumors regular

Harvey Specter

That's basically what my answer boiled down to.

16. TJ82 macrumors 6502a

TJ82

Oh mate. Be serious. No.

Do you want stuff just because Apple makes it? Serious question.

17. dumastudetto macrumors 68030

No, I don't buy every product Apple makes. But the Apple Watch is definitely a gamechanging device and I will want to be part of the revolution.

18. cababah macrumors 68000

Woohoo, Apple Watch....because I love charging my devices daily!

19. serkan thread starter macrumors 6502

serkan

Guys go check out the results and go to the Apple Watch section and check the same thread :D

20. recoil80 macrumors 68020

I don't
    I haven't worn a watch for years and I'm not going to change my mind overnight.

Besides, I know Apple. It's always better to skip the first version of a brand new product.
    iPhone 1 was cool but no app store, no 3G, too expensive
    iPad 1 had only 256MB of RAM, it was thicker and had no front facing camera
    Of course they were a new category of device, they were a breakthrough, but the following versions were so much better.
    I'm not buying a smartwatch soon, but for sure I'll skip version 1

21. urkel macrumors 68030

If it weren't for journalists then the entire concept of smart watches wouldn't get off the ground.

(I'm not saying smart watches aren't a cool toy or in our future. I'm just saying that the people most excited about it are the journalists since their livelihood revolves around sensationalism and overhype)

22. TJ82 macrumors 6502a

TJ82

Not sure if serious..

23. urkel macrumors 68030

It seems like you also bought into their hype machine. :)

Apple didn't invent the smart watch nor did they perfect it. They're simply adding their entry to a preexisting product category. Apples watch didn't necessarily get things "wrong" but there's so much there that isn't "right". So you're not joining a revolution, you're paying to be a beta tester.

(That sounds meaner than intended. I'm interested in a smart watch but not interested enough to buy into an unfinished concept.)

24. Ergates-thi-Ant macrumors 6502

To be fair, the iPad 1 was pretty awesome, a game changer. I had three years of good times out of that bad boy.

----------

I use my Pebble all the time. When I'm skating it's much better to check the watch, and not take my phone out to risk falling on it. Once I stacked holding my phone, and smashed it to the ground. Luckily it was in a military protection case so I didn't damage it.

25. TJ82 macrumors 6502a

TJ82

Really? I thought it was rubbish. Couldn't handle files well, and required a lot of research and workarounds to get any productivity out of it. Ended up collecting dust in our place until we gave it to our friend's toddler who loves it.

A heavy, browsing, video watching device. Think it was nearly 800 grams for our 3G version! :D Add in a case and you're carrying an extra kilo. Like what.