Am I the only one happy with my 3G?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by NateDMB, Jun 11, 2009.

1. NateDMB macrumors regular

NateDMB

Okay so I'm sure when I'm eligible for an upgrade, I will buy the 3Gs. But I am perfectly happy sticking with my 3G until that happens. Especially since we get the 3.0 software for free. For once I feel okay with Apple's constant product updating while leaving me with the old version of one of their products.

Thoughts?

2. UngratefulNinja macrumors 68000

UngratefulNinja

Same here :D 3.0 has fixed the issues that were bothering me, I don't need a silly compass! :p

3. dukebound85 macrumors P6

dukebound85

i have no plans on getting another iphone anytime soon. the 3g is perfectly fine

why you think you are the only one who like is is baffling to me lol

4. mgamber macrumors 6502a

mgamber

I'm not going to bother either. The software is where it's at. I feel no need to make the fat & rich even fatter & richer.

5. NateDMB thread starter macrumors regular

NateDMB

6. nikhsub1 macrumors 68000

nikhsub1

I think that everyone who is not eligible for an upgrade tries to rationalize that they don't need the 3GS ⃣... I get it... But make no mistake, the speed bump alone should make it a much better experience. Those of us that actually rely on our phones for a living (as I do) see this as a very decent upgrade.

7. Apple Corps macrumors 68030

Sell your current 3G on ebay / Craig's List - cost of the new 3G s is minor after that ;)

8. deceptichop macrumors regular

i LOVED my 3G. Best phone ive owned so far. I had ZERO problems with it in the one year that I had it. However, i will LOVE my 3GS EVEN MORE!!!!!!!

9. dukebound85 macrumors P6

dukebound85

i really dont need the 3gs nor have any desire to have it:rolleyes:

10. NateDMB thread starter macrumors regular

NateDMB

I agree that the 3Gs should provide a better experience, but the new features didn't stick out enough to make me feel like I need to run out and get it. I too rely on my iPhone for my job, and it was fine when I got it, and it's fine now.

11. DaGreat01 macrumors 6502a

DaGreat01

Yea i got my iPhone in mid December of 08. So if i calculate right, my contract is up December 2010. Which mean i will most likely get the iPhone that come out in 2011 lol. Since we get the 3.0 i am very happy and do not really feel like i see the 3GS. It i were to be handed one i would take it in a heart beat, but i dont really with that the 3GS is that big of a deal like the 3G was.

So two thumbs up for Apple giving us the 3.0!:D

12. tjhilder macrumors regular

tjhilder

I only took out a 18 month contract in march so I won't be getting one any time soon ;)

although I love my iPhone so I'm pretty happy with it :D

13. daneoni macrumors G4

daneoni

Im very much eligible, never signed a contract and probably never will so i qualify as a new customer and i'm still not convinced i need to even bother. To me the 3Gs is a stop-gap to attract new customers whilst the current owners finish off their contracts and are eligible to upgrade again

14. KratosKilla macrumors regular

Since I'm not eligible I'll probably be waiting until the next major upgrade. What can the iPhone 3G do with the 3.0 update at launch in the US? What will be different?

15. uiop. macrumors 68020

uiop.

I'm happy to be keeping mine...then unlocking and selling it on ebay once the 3GS arrives. :)

16. -SD- macrumors 6502

I'm perfectly happy with mine and looking forward to 3.0. Considering O2 aren't offering a reasonable early upgrade deal at the moment, I'll stick with what I have. My contract doesn't run out until the end of March 2010 and the new new iPhone will be released around this time next year. I'll switch to Simplicity for 3 months and then switch back to a contract for the iPhone 2010.

:apple:

17. rburly macrumors 6502a

rburly

My upgrade isn't available until 5/10, so I'll be getting the next version.

I really see the 3Gs as a minor upgrade to the 3G (same name for crying out loud!) and thinks it's for the "gotta have the latest" people and 2G owners. I'm perfectly happy with what I have and can afford to wait until the next gen to buy a new one.

18. rarity macrumors regular

rarity

Nope, you're not alone. I'm happy with my 3G and when 3.0 comes out, I'll be even happier.

19. Bowlerguy10 macrumors 6502

I bought my 3G only about 7 months ago, I paid 4 HUNDRED dollars for it to replace my Blackjack 2, they just went and dropped the price on that same model to $100 after I paid so much for it. I'm not about to drop my pants and let Apple right on in especially after that. I also just want to get my $400 out of my phone, season it, beat it up, see some scratches, have some fun, and make some memories! I'll wait until the next revision which I'll be eligible for and get everything that the 3G S is and much much more.

20. nfl46 macrumors 603

I'm sure if you were eligible for the 199/299 upgrade you'll get the new 3GS. Its funny how people downgrade the 3GS when its significantly better internally than the 3G iPhone. But to each its own.

I'm excited about my [faster] 3GS iPhone. You have fun with your 3G! Don't complain when the new app store applications come out and they don't run as smoothly on the 3G.:D

21. chrismac00 macrumors 6502a

I am only getting the 3GS is because the screen on my 3G is severely cracked. I love my 3G and if it wasn't broken, I would not at all switch or upgrade to the 3GS. I think that the iPhone 3GS is overrated. Anyone could easily get all the features by jailbreaking their iPhone. And who needs a compass anyways?

22. nfl46 macrumors 603

Can you jailbrake your iPhone for this configuration? No, you cannot. :)

256 MB of Ram
    600 MHZ processor
    32 GB hard drive
    3 MB camera with autofocus
    7.2 MBits
    Bluetooth 2.1
    Video camera (30fps)
    Voice Control

23. soopamac macrumors member

I am eligible for the full discount pricing, but I will not upgrade. I will wait n see if there is a significant speed increase. On paper the 3gs is fast, but a side by side comparison will help me decide if I will upgrade or not...probably not.

24. phatcat macrumors regular

Mine's fully unlocked. Waiting to see if 3Gs can be unlocked prior to making the switch. Plus I want to hear real user feedback and any problems with the new phone. I had a handful with my 3G and car bluetooth connectivity.

25. chrismac00 macrumors 6502a

No but realistically, does anyone need all this? It's the same to me. I don't even use the full 16GB's on my 3G, I use Wi-Fi mostly, don't even care about Bluetooth, and yes I can get video on my iPhone and some voice control. The camera is the only major difference and it is only one megapixel more. No big difference.