Am I The Only One Still Loving My Watch?

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by Brett1203, Apr 26, 2015.

1. Brett1203 macrumors 6502a

Brett1203

Wow, so many threads today with people saying they are going to return theirs or sell them. I hate to see so many were so excited and just 3 days in people are bored with them.

Me personally, I'm still absolutely loving mine, I ordered the White Sports 42mm. Battery life has been amazing so far (even now I'm at 78% at 5:50pm and it's been off the charger since 8am)

The stuff it does now is good, I love the look of the watch and over the next few months Apple WILL come out with some software updates that will fix stuff we don't like. The one thing I hope is in the first update is the ability to extend how long the screen comes on for.

2. jjlannoo Suspended

3. Sir Ruben macrumors 65816

Sir Ruben

The thing about these forums is you see people say all sorts of ridiculous things. I love mine and will be part of my daily life for many years to come.

4. Zmanbaseball2 macrumors 68040

Zmanbaseball2

Funny how I just randomly come to this thread and see my watch is at 78% as to yours... :)
    I loving mine. I have to get past the learning curve though...

5. IllusionEntity macrumors 6502

IllusionEntity

I'm also still loving mine. Replying to messages on my watch is the thing I love most. Dictation is spot on 95% of the time. I think the people that don't like the watch are missing the point of it. It has successfully taken me away from my 6+ and I have been ignoring a lot more notifications than I would have before spent time reading and then got distracted on my phone and been browsing and annoying my girlfriend it's a winner in my eyes.

6. Brett1203 thread starter macrumors 6502a

Brett1203

Luckily I was able to navigate pretty easy, Apple truly kept it as close to what we are used to as they could.

Used it to answer 3 calls, responding to texts and did Apple Pay today, loving these features

7. Subdiv macrumors 6502

This seems to be a universal request. I can't help but wonder if the folks at apple who were wearing the watch for months before release mentioned that as a concern. I can't imagine that adding another second or two to the timeout would affect battery life that much.

Glad you're enjoying it!

8. CooKieMoNs7eR macrumors 68000

CooKieMoNs7eR

You also gotta remember most people go on forums to either complain or ask questions about the watch, not a lot of people go on forums to say how amazing their watch is...

9. gloomcookie1 macrumors regular

I just did my first Apple Pay with the watch today too. Pretty crazy 6 months ago it was you didn't have to take out your credit cards and now you don't even have to take out your phone.

I will admit there are quirks (software design only...hardware is awesome and love the white sport band) but I am loving it. I know it's only going to get better from here...and it's at a pretty awesome place to begin with.

10. djrm macrumors 6502

djrm

Ive just ordered my 3rd band. It's not going anywhere soon :cool:

11. Armen macrumors 604

Armen

Don't sweat it. A lot of us (including myself) love our watches. The ones returning the watches bought them thinking Apple will mesmerize them into thinking they need a smart watch.

Some people have no need for a smart watch. That's all there is to it regardless of which company made it.

12. KPOM macrumors G5

I just came back from the Apple Store to add AppleCare+ to it. This is a keeper. :)

13. Jason83 macrumors regular

Jason83

You are far from the only one still loving it. The problem with forums is everyone who doesn't have a problem or want to b*tch about things doesn't say anything at all because it's all good. It's the vocal minority that skews perception to those of us who are content.

14. kovey macrumors 6502a

You're not that special, lol. Tons of people are greatly satisfied with their apple watch. This forum is just for haters.

15. mbhforum macrumors 6502a

You are going to get some folks who hate on it because it doesn't fit their use cases or lifestyle. It's a brand new product and it will take time for greater acceptance. When the iPad first came out, I was all against it. I am now typing on my third one.

16. Brett1203 thread starter macrumors 6502a

Brett1203

17. mattopotamus macrumors G5

mattopotamus

still love it! Coming from a pebble and moto 360, I could not be more happy. A beautiful looking smart watch :)

18. RhondaPVD macrumors newbie

Loving mine too. Biggest problem I see with those that don't...is they think it's a phone.

19. Domino8282 macrumors 6502a

Domino8282

Love mine too! It's only natural that the most vocal people will be the ones who aren't happy.

20. Glideslope macrumors 601

Glideslope

That's good. Because the redesign cycle will be every 5 years. :apple:

21. green94 macrumors regular

Just told my wife that this is my favorite :apple: product yet. I'm even using my phone less now and I must say closing the rings on the Activity app is pretty addictive.

22. Brett1203 thread starter macrumors 6502a

Brett1203

I guess I'm not sure what people are don't like, because it's not like Apple promised or showed features we weren't getting, we all knew what the watch can and cannot do when we ordered them.

23. tigerinexile macrumors newbie

My watch is great. Organized my apps, glances, and notifications, turned off raise to wake, and have ordered a leather loop and sport band to complement my Milanese loop.

Running at 66% at 6:30 PM, so battery life is good.

Only need the NHL app to add watch extensions for this to be perfect.

24. Selfdestrukt macrumors member

Still loving my 42mm SS CB

Used it last 2 days for road trip using GPS

11am-8pm -- Battery at end of day 55%
    10am-6:30pm --Battery at end of day 52%

iphone was plugged in center console of car and untouched except when getting out of car

Used at wholefoods to pay -- pretty sure I looked like a fool pulled my sleeves up and so carefully held it to the NFC terminal... then it beeped and vibrated - pretty neat

Wallet soon to be made obsolete or at least a new minimal wallet with license, 1 card, and a couple cash bills for the rare occasions

Need a dock at night

Charged on launch night pretty fast... when I went to bed it was 100 and unplugged when I woke up it was 92%

Charged last night to 100% then put into power save mode woke up at 98%

Would like to be able to set the watch to a schedule so that it goes into power save mode at a certain time in the event I forget to charge it.

25. jordanst macrumors member

jordanst

Just started using mine today, I love it!
    Although the battery went from 70% to 8% in 3.5hrs... Is that normal for the first day? Or is it defective? I have the 38mm.