Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

C7 POWER

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Apr 10, 2015
Charlotte, NC
Wow, so many threads today with people saying they are going to return theirs or sell them. I hate to see so many were so excited and just 3 days in people are bored with them.

Me personally, I'm still absolutely loving mine, I ordered the White Sports 42mm. Battery life has been amazing so far (even now I'm at 78% at 5:50pm and it's been off the charger since 8am)

The stuff it does now is good, I love the look of the watch and over the next few months Apple WILL come out with some software updates that will fix stuff we don't like. The one thing I hope is in the first update is the ability to extend how long the screen comes on for.

Sir Ruben

macrumors 68000
Jul 3, 2010
UK
The thing about these forums is you see people say all sorts of ridiculous things. I love mine and will be part of my daily life for many years to come.

Zmanbaseball2

macrumors 68040
Aug 24, 2012
New York, USA
Wow, so many threads today with people saying they are going to return theirs or sell them. I hate to see so many were so excited and just 3 days in people are bored with them.

Me personally, I'm still absolutely loving mine, I ordered the White Sports 42mm. Battery life has been amazing so far (even now I'm at 78% at 5:50pm and it's been off the charger since 8am)

The stuff it does now is good, I love the look of the watch and over the next few months Apple WILL come out with some software updates that will fix stuff we don't like. The one thing I hope is in the first update is the ability to extend how long the screen comes on for.

Funny how I just randomly come to this thread and see my watch is at 78% as to yours... :)
I loving mine. I have to get past the learning curve though...

IllusionEntity

macrumors 6502
Jun 23, 2013
Kent, UK
I'm also still loving mine. Replying to messages on my watch is the thing I love most. Dictation is spot on 95% of the time. I think the people that don't like the watch are missing the point of it. It has successfully taken me away from my 6+ and I have been ignoring a lot more notifications than I would have before spent time reading and then got distracted on my phone and been browsing and annoying my girlfriend it's a winner in my eyes.

C7 POWER

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Apr 10, 2015
Charlotte, NC
Luckily I was able to navigate pretty easy, Apple truly kept it as close to what we are used to as they could.

Used it to answer 3 calls, responding to texts and did Apple Pay today, loving these features

Subdiv

macrumors 6502
Jan 17, 2014
Colorado
The one thing I hope is in the first update is the ability to extend how long the screen comes on for.
This seems to be a universal request. I can't help but wonder if the folks at apple who were wearing the watch for months before release mentioned that as a concern. I can't imagine that adding another second or two to the timeout would affect battery life that much.

Glad you're enjoying it!

CooKieMoNs7eR

macrumors 68020
Nov 18, 2009
You also gotta remember most people go on forums to either complain or ask questions about the watch, not a lot of people go on forums to say how amazing their watch is...

gloomcookie1

macrumors regular
Jun 17, 2009
Coral Springs, FL
Luckily I was able to navigate pretty easy, Apple truly kept it as close to what we are used to as they could.

Used it to answer 3 calls, responding to texts and did Apple Pay today, loving these features

I just did my first Apple Pay with the watch today too. Pretty crazy 6 months ago it was you didn't have to take out your credit cards and now you don't even have to take out your phone.

I will admit there are quirks (software design only...hardware is awesome and love the white sport band) but I am loving it. I know it's only going to get better from here...and it's at a pretty awesome place to begin with.

Armen

macrumors 604
Apr 30, 2013
Los Angeles

Don't sweat it. A lot of us (including myself) love our watches. The ones returning the watches bought them thinking Apple will mesmerize them into thinking they need a smart watch.

Some people have no need for a smart watch. That's all there is to it regardless of which company made it.

KPOM

macrumors P6
Oct 23, 2010
I just came back from the Apple Store to add AppleCare+ to it. This is a keeper. :)

Jason83

macrumors regular
Sep 30, 2014
PA, USA
You are far from the only one still loving it. The problem with forums is everyone who doesn't have a problem or want to b*tch about things doesn't say anything at all because it's all good. It's the vocal minority that skews perception to those of us who are content.

kovey

macrumors 6502a
Apr 10, 2011

You're not that special, lol. Tons of people are greatly satisfied with their apple watch. This forum is just for haters.

mbhforum

macrumors 6502a
Jun 23, 2010
You are going to get some folks who hate on it because it doesn't fit their use cases or lifestyle. It's a brand new product and it will take time for greater acceptance. When the iPad first came out, I was all against it. I am now typing on my third one.

mattopotamus

macrumors G5
Jun 12, 2012
still love it! Coming from a pebble and moto 360, I could not be more happy. A beautiful looking smart watch :)

green94

macrumors regular
Mar 17, 2009
Just told my wife that this is my favorite :apple: product yet. I'm even using my phone less now and I must say closing the rings on the Activity app is pretty addictive.

C7 POWER

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Apr 10, 2015
Charlotte, NC
Love mine too! It's only natural that the most vocal people will be the ones who aren't happy.

I guess I'm not sure what people are don't like, because it's not like Apple promised or showed features we weren't getting, we all knew what the watch can and cannot do when we ordered them.

tigerinexile

macrumors newbie
Mar 3, 2015
My watch is great. Organized my apps, glances, and notifications, turned off raise to wake, and have ordered a leather loop and sport band to complement my Milanese loop.

Running at 66% at 6:30 PM, so battery life is good.

Only need the NHL app to add watch extensions for this to be perfect.

Selfdestrukt

macrumors member
Feb 10, 2009
Still loving my 42mm SS CB

Used it last 2 days for road trip using GPS

11am-8pm -- Battery at end of day 55%
10am-6:30pm --Battery at end of day 52%

iphone was plugged in center console of car and untouched except when getting out of car

Used at wholefoods to pay -- pretty sure I looked like a fool pulled my sleeves up and so carefully held it to the NFC terminal... then it beeped and vibrated - pretty neat

Wallet soon to be made obsolete or at least a new minimal wallet with license, 1 card, and a couple cash bills for the rare occasions

Need a dock at night

Charged on launch night pretty fast... when I went to bed it was 100 and unplugged when I woke up it was 92%

Charged last night to 100% then put into power save mode woke up at 98%

Would like to be able to set the watch to a schedule so that it goes into power save mode at a certain time in the event I forget to charge it.

jordanst

macrumors member
Aug 18, 2014
Canada
Just started using mine today, I love it!
Although the battery went from 70% to 8% in 3.5hrs... Is that normal for the first day? Or is it defective? I have the 38mm.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.