Amazon's 48-Hour 'Prime Day' Event Takes Place July 15 and 16

Discussion in 'MacRumors.com News Discussion' started by MacRumors, Jun 25, 2019.

1. MacRumors macrumors bot

MacRumors

[​IMG]

For the last few years, Amazon has been hosting an epic Prime Day sale that offers up deals and discounts on a huge range of products.

This year, Prime Day is actually going to take place over two days, kicking off at midnight on July 15 and lasting through July 16. Last year's Prime Day ultimately lasted 36 hours, but 48 hours will be the longest Prime Day event to date.

[​IMG]

Amazon has some Prime Day event previews on its website, and Prime Day itself will include discounts on everything from tech products to home products, clothing, toys, and more. Amazon is also highlighting products launching on Amazon on Prime Day, such as the Mophie Juice Pack Air.

When Prime Day kicks off, Amazon's website will be filled with lightning deals that kick off at different times over the course of the day, with the available products rotating over time. Lightning deals last for as long as stock lasts, and some of the better deals can go quick.

Last year, we did a live blog covering all of the best Apple-related deals available during Amazon's Prime Day, and we plan to do similar coverage this year so make sure to tune in to MacRumors on July 15 and 16 for help sorting through all of the sales.

Prime Day sales are designed for Amazon Prime members, and a Prime membership is required to get the deals. Prime Day discounts will be available to Amazon customers in the United States, UK, Italy, India, Germany, France, China, Canada, Australia, Belgium, UAE, Austria, Spain, Singapore, and the Netherlands.

Article Link: Amazon's 48-Hour 'Prime Day' Event Takes Place July 15 and 16

2. sundog925 macrumors 6502a

They’re still trying that?

There’s never anything great, and will never be.

Stop trying to make Prime Day happen, it’s not gonna happen!

3. B4U macrumors 68020

B4U

4. Pepe4life macrumors 6502

Pepe4life

Can’t wait to not spend money on Chinese garbage that I can buy on AliExpress for way less!

5. Relentless Power macrumors Penryn

Relentless Power

As a Prime member myself, it’s nice to see what they have to offer, but usually nothing ever I really _need_. I’d say half of what they list is more clearance type items or ‘no name-brand items’, which is perfectly fine, but nothing that I can’t purchase without Prime days at a later date/time.

[Although the major benefit being a Prime member now, is I do enjoy receiving all my items within one business day, which is a really nice perk.]

6. LovingTeddy macrumors 68000

LovingTeddy

If you guys don’t care about this, why would you guys even comment?

Last time I check, your iPhone is still made in China.

7. MisterSavage macrumors 6502a

MisterSavage

When they first announced Prime Day I thought they'd be offering "black Friday" level deals. Hasn't been the case for me.

8. Relentless Power macrumors Penryn

Relentless Power

Except, Your argument doesn’t make sense in response to those members, because an iPhone is not cheap Chinese made garbage, it’s a fairly expensive device with high company standards, some of these items that are on Prime days is relatively cheap junk, but to each their own what they considered junk.

9. kyleh22 macrumors 6502

kyleh22

Great day to pick up Amazon branded products - Everything else it typically meh.

10. alphaswift macrumors regular

5 years from now: Amazon Prime Week
    10 years from now: Amazon Prime Month

Just like Black Friday used to be a 1 day blitz, now 'Black Friday' sales appear in late September.

11. pjny macrumors 6502a

I more likely to get better/cheaper stuff in my neighbor's yard sale than on Amazon Prime Day. I guess that is why they are extending it to two days since people are less likely to fall for the bait.

12. darkpaw macrumors 6502

darkpaw

Having a negative opinion about Amazon's Prime Day isn't "not caring" about it; it's actively caring about it and stating that it's an excuse to sell garbage.

Made in China? No. Assembled in China, yes. Big difference. It's designed by Apple in California.

13. ipedro macrumors 601

ipedro

Looking forward to this. I’m tired of waiting for a more expansive HomePod lineup and will be integrating Alexa into my Home in addition to Siri on my living room HomePod.

Apple and Amazon are getting closer with collaborations that complement one another rather than compete. With AppleMusic on AmazonEcho, I’ll be happy to buy a half dozen cheap Alexa devices to scatter around my home. I’m guessing Amazon will push their own products on Prime Day so it’ll be the best opportunity to make this purchase.

14. Quu macrumors 68030

Quu

Honestly there are some good deals. But it's like 1 good deal for every 50 bad ones. On one of the prime days I got a 1TB Pro Samsung SSD for 50% off what it normally costs.

15. JessWinter macrumors member

JessWinter

Just remember, those Amazon Alexa spying devices will be on sale and will be tempting. But why pay money for a company to spy on you?

16. dannyyankou macrumors G3

dannyyankou

If they have a good deal on the 2nd gen echo show, I might pick one up

17. joueboy macrumors 68000

This Amazon Prime Day is no different from Deal of the Day and those item is always on sale and limited. You lucky if you found the item you wanted same thing if that item happened to be on the daily deals.

18. dannyyankou macrumors G3

dannyyankou

Does someone want to tell him?

19. swingerofbirch macrumors 68040

The Amalgamated States of Central North America
    I always get excited for this, and yet it always ends up feeling like I'm wandering through a random garage sale.

The real problem is that the random things that go on sale aren't things I want or need . . . or in many cases had even heard of before the sale. I'd prefer something like a percentage off site-wide, but I'm sure there are a lot of business reasons that doesn't make sense.

20. bigjnyc macrumors 603

bigjnyc

oh yay!!! I need a new iphone glittery case and a new cast iron crock pot.

21. BGPL macrumors regular

BGPL

What a bunch of negative nellies here. You guys are like the old men that sit in the balcony on the muppet show. I like Amazon and I love their offerings... their marketplace has changed e-commerce like Apple changed smartphones. It's hard to beat their prices, and it's impossible to beat same-day delivery and or next-day delivery. I can order something before noon where I live, and it's at my front door between 5-9pm.

If you don't like the deals, don't buy anything.

22. mikethemartian macrumors 6502

It will be like that restaurant that Rodney Dangerfield and Joe Pesci go to in the movie Easy Money which is open 23 hours a day.

23. Return Zero macrumors 6502a

Return Zero

The first prime day was amazing. I got a basic yamaha weighted keyboard for $200 and some other stuff for great prices.

Last year, it was a huge letdown. It seemed like the only good deals were on Amazon/Alexa stuff, and I'm someone who refuses to let Amazon and Google control microphones or cameras (or other hardware) in my house.

24. zombierunner macrumors 65816

zombierunner

They raise the price just before then cut it down giving the impression of savings.

25. vertical smile macrumors 68040

vertical smile

Last year they had their Firesticks and FireTVs for half off.

One could six Firesticks for the price of one Apple TV, although I prefer the Apple TV.