Amazon's 48-Hour 'Prime Day' Event Takes Place July 15 and 16

Discussion in 'MacRumors.com News Discussion' started by MacRumors, Jun 25, 2019.

1. RowellE macrumors regular

RowellE

I really like the Amazon Basics iPhone accessories. They last much longer than the cheap BS you can find on Groupon or Living Social.

Gonna stock up on Amazon Basics USB-C stuff during the Prime Days.
    --- Post Merged, Jun 25, 2019 ---
    I’m have Amazon Prime only because I’m taking advantage of the student discount. I don’t watch any of the Prime movies or TV shows, I don’t take advantage of the music service and kindle unlimited features that come with it and I don’t order enough to justify paying full price for Prime. I agree that even without Prime, I get my packages within 2-4 days, which is still pretty awesome — and somehow faster if I have it sent to an Amazon Locker. Once I’m no longer eligible for Prime with the student discount, I think I’ll cancel as well.

2. B4U macrumors 68020

B4U

There are about 10% deals that are actually good for what I wanted but may not needed. However, all the other garbage drowned out those deals and numbed my thoughts quite quickly.:(

3. doublesupercool macrumors member

Not sure what it's like in other countries, but in Japan it is basically a non-event. However, I did manage to pick up a 27" monitor and extendable visa stand clamp for about $150, so deals CAN happen. Just be prepared to wait, look or be disappointed.
    --- Post Merged, Jun 25, 2019 ---
    You are on an Apple website and pointing fingers at other companies about tax avoidance? Impressive.

4. mcalict macrumors member

Is this because they utilized legal loopholes in the law or did something illegal?

If it's the former, they did nothing wrong and I encourage you to work with your congressperson to change the law of the land.

My 2 cents, same as yours... :)

5. JessWinter Suspended

JessWinter

Lol true, but there are definitely ways to minimize it ;)

6. Anarchy99 macrumors 6502a

you're exactly right.

its surprising how many people think "tax loophole" means "the company can commit crimes"
    its like no, they just pay accountants and setup the most beneficial scenario for themselves.

just like how average people do, when they claim spousal or any other personal tax deductions, its like you could not claim them, but the majority who qualify do because thats what is most beneficial

7. Wandering Wastrel macrumors member

Wandering Wastrel

For some of us, that's a compliment. :D

8. cube macrumors P6

Will they have good stuff on offer or just be a flood of junk as their events usually are?

9. kazmac macrumors 604

kazmac

Amazon customer service remains quite good for me, despite my dislike of their business practices, etc.

The NY Times recently posted an article on how Amazon haven’t stepped up the removal of counterfeit books and other products sold by some sellers there. It makes me think twice about the “great” deals, so I’ll become even more selective.

Unfortunately, our house needs Amazon due to their much cheaper prices on supplements that no one else carries. I hate doing that, but I purposely try to give local or small businesses my money over Amazon whenever I can.