Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Mac'nCheese

Suspended
Feb 9, 2010
Shows would be a lot more moving if people didn't know in advance that actors were leaving the show. Now, if someone dies, its neither a surprise nor emotional.

D.T.

macrumors G4
Sep 15, 2011
Vilano Beach, FL
Shows would be a lot more moving if people didn't know in advance that actors were leaving the show. Now, if someone dies, its neither a surprise nor emotional.

Also if the writers would at least give us a little more depth to new characters instead of a couple of minutes of, "This is the new guy with a name, he's obviously doomed", aka Ken the Horse Whisperer. I'm with the writer who said, spend some time in DC, make that a 2 episode adventure, let us invest in the character a little vs. tossing him in for 5 minutes, killing him in a terribly contrived situation just so he can be a catalyst for the whole Maggie assassination plot.

Mac'nCheese

Suspended
Feb 9, 2010
Also if the writers would at least give us a little more depth to new characters instead of a couple of minutes of, "This is the new guy with a name, he's obviously doomed", aka Ken the Horse Whisperer. I'm with the writer who said, spend some time in DC, make that a 2 episode adventure, let us invest in the character a little vs. tossing him in for 5 minutes, killing him in a terribly contrived situation just so he can be a catalyst for the whole Maggie assassination plot.
Very good point. But sometimes when a show does invest in new characters, people hate it. I'm looking at you, Nikki & Paulo. (LOST)

CaptMarvel

macrumors 68000
Sep 20, 2014
North Carolina
Ooh, I think episode 2 just brought some of the show's mojo back :)

I must say, I second this statement :eek:

I figured Roan (The 100) wouldn’t last long but his exit...new threat alert :eek:

Rick, said some powerful stuff in the penitentiary, but leave it to Negan to utter something bone chilling about Rick preparing the new world for him :eek:

Father Gabe has a new apple of his one eye :eek:

Last edited:

Mac'nCheese

Suspended
Feb 9, 2010
Not a bad episode but they could have directed the accident better. Dip **** Daryl telling to the guys holding up the logs run! Run! Run! And they just drop the lines even though the walkers were still far away. What did they think was going to happen? They didn’t survive this long by acting like that.

Also, that last shot. How clichéd can you get? Look at the camera, say hey I know you! And then scary music and violence but don’t show who it is!!! (It’s the chick from the fishing village who said she cut her hand peeling potatoes).

CaptMarvel

macrumors 68000
Sep 20, 2014
North Carolina
Also, that last shot. How clichéd can you get? Look at the camera, say hey I know you! And then scary music and violence but don’t show who it is!!! (It’s the chick from the fishing village who said she cut her hand peeling potatoes).

Interesting take...so you think Cyndie has been assasinating the missing Saviors? One thing I noticed during that last cutscene before the credits is after he walked up post surprised but relieved comment...he was jerked to the right side of the screen...if you think it’s Cyndie doing this, do you think she has an accomplice(s) too?

sunapple

macrumors 68030
Jul 16, 2013
The Netherlands
Interesting take...so you think Cyndie has been assasinating the missing Saviors? One thing I noticed during that last cutscene before the credits is after he walked up post surprised but relieved comment...he was jerked to the right side of the screen...if you think it’s Cyndie doing this, do you think she has an accomplice(s) too?

The relieved part is why I'm still unsure who he saw there. It may be an unoriginal way of filming, but maybe the suspense is needed? Knowing TWD, they could let us in the dark for a couple more episodes lol.

CaptMarvel

macrumors 68000
Sep 20, 2014
North Carolina
The relieved part is why I'm still unsure who he saw there. It may be an unoriginal way of filming, but maybe the suspense is needed? Knowing TWD, they could let us in the dark for a couple more episodes lol.

Indeed TWD, has been know for those antics. My first guess was it’s a Savior now turned Whisperer, which would explain that relieved part of his remark before being jerked away.

*announcer voice* Find out on the next episode of the The Walking Dead...

Reactions: AlliFlowers

Mac'nCheese

Suspended
Feb 9, 2010

I think so because of the scene with her getting her cut fixed up. But that could also be a ruse and a little to obvious. I didn't notice that he was jerked away from her, yeah.. there could be two people doing that.

CaptMarvel

macrumors 68000
Sep 20, 2014
North Carolina
I think so because of the scene with her getting her cut fixed up. But that could also be a ruse and a little to obvious. I didn't notice that he was jerked away from her, yeah.. there could be two people doing that.

Now that I think of it, already brewing tension between the groups, this would be a huge catalyst to propel the story forward and all out thwart Rick’s vision of harmony. Rick dying trying to maintain the peace makes the most sense but I’m still very curious as to how they’d write this, I feel like no send off can do him justice (Carl’s was poorly written). Not to mention, Oceanside sneakily avenging all of their lost male companions by eliminating the group responsible...slowly but surely. Oh man, if this is the case, this is going to get ugly and bad fast...

Reactions: Mac'nCheese

D.T.

macrumors G4
Sep 15, 2011
Vilano Beach, FL

Making this a spoiler, read at your own risk :D

Apparently they're introducing The Whisperers (from the comic) this season, both Alpha and Beta have been cast, and actually the casting is pretty terrific - I think the saviors disappearing is the intro to this plotline ...

CaptMarvel

macrumors 68000
Sep 20, 2014
North Carolina
Kudos to @Mac’nCheese for hitting the nail on the head about Cyndie & Oceanside being the new Slaughterhouse.

Regardless of how Rick goes...looks like there may be a Richonne love child...”for the future”. :oops:

Maggie riding horse and carriage at the beginning with Glenn 2.0 was visually disrespectful on so many levels :eek:

AMC is really trying to get ratings/viewers, why in the world would they market “Rick Grimes last two episodes”?! That’s terrible...even if the general public knows :mad:

Got knots in my stomach when Maggie said said to Daryl “We tried Rick’s way, now it’s time to meet Negan”. :(

Last edited:

Mac'nCheese

Suspended
Feb 9, 2010
Wow, finally a great episode. That last scene was amazing. Its what I've been waiting for. Characters acting and saying things that I totally agree with! Yeah, this woman is a child murdered why does she get a second chance but the guy who tried and failed to get Maggie killed gets hanged. And i agree, can we have any surprise with this show? Why don't they just say in segment three, Rick gets killed....Jeez I hate when shows/movie marketing kills twists and turns.
Its like a poster for the 6th Sense teasing Bruce Willis is dead the whole time or Harrison Ford's wife is the real killer

Reactions: CaptMarvel

CaptMarvel

macrumors 68000
Sep 20, 2014
North Carolina
After talking with a friend who put me on TWD during season three...I initially thought when Maggie said to Daryl it’s time to meet Negan, they were going to enlist his help in sabotaging Rick’s harmony plan...however it was brought to my attention that Maggie is more than likely headed there just to kill Negan. Rick better not die trying to protect Negan.

Why can’t Rick just ride off in the sunset. No death will do him justice nor do I think Judith serves any purpose if he dies. Michonne could be her mom if she ends up not pregnant. But even then, it’s not like they’re married or he’s trying to pull a King Ezekiel and put a ring on it.

Mac'nCheese

Suspended
Feb 9, 2010
After talking with a friend who put me on TWD during season three...I initially thought when Maggie said to Daryl it’s time to meet Negan, they were going to enlist his help in sabotaging Rick’s harmony plan...however it was brought to my attention that Maggie is more than likely headed there just to kill Negan. Rick better not die trying to protect Negan.

Why can’t Rick just ride off in the sunset. No death will do him justice nor do I think Judith serves any purpose if he dies. Michonne could be her mom if she ends up not pregnant. But even then, it’s not like they’re married or he’s trying to pull a King Ezekiel and put a ring on it.
That's what I have been thinking. Why is everyone saying Rick is going to die. That's so boring and done to death! Pun intended. Do something different.

C DM

macrumors Sandy Bridge
Oct 17, 2011
Wow, finally a great episode. That last scene was amazing. Its what I've been waiting for. Characters acting and saying things that I totally agree with! Yeah, this woman is a child murdered why does she get a second chance but the guy who tried and failed to get Maggie killed gets hanged. And i agree, can we have any surprise with this show? Why don't they just say in segment three, Rick gets killed....Jeez I hate when shows/movie marketing kills twists and turns.
Its like a poster for the 6th Sense teasing Bruce Willis is dead the whole time or Harrison Ford's wife is the real killer
Somewhat off topic, but this got me curious, what 6th Sense or Harrison Ford's movie posters?

sunapple

macrumors 68030
Jul 16, 2013
The Netherlands
Still liking the current season, but I realize how fragile it is reading about possible ways for Rick's story to end. I'm just going to watch the show without fantasizing about how it might go. It's like dreaming up the perfect Mac mini, only to be all the more disappointed next week. :p

Mac'nCheese

Suspended
Feb 9, 2010
Somewhat off topic, but this got me curious, what 6th Sense or Harrison Ford's movie posters?
There weren't any, I'm just saying it would be like if they gave away the plot twists of 6th or Presumed Innocent on posters or in commercials.

CaptMarvel

macrumors 68000
Sep 20, 2014
North Carolina
Man, what a cop out way to inflict injury to Rick! :mad: But I guess that’s surely better than him being zombie food even though it looks like it’s about to be that way. I assume someone will see him but who...??

Meanwhile Saviors vs. The NWO Part II takes place...

Odd they didn’t show any of the firefight after Carole got her keys swiped.

Oh yea, throw that brat on the walkie in the zombie pit.

rhett7660

macrumors G5
Jan 9, 2008
Sunny, Southern California
Making this a spoiler, read at your own risk :D

Apparently they're introducing The Whisperers (from the comic) this season, both Alpha and Beta have been cast, and actually the casting is pretty terrific - I think the saviors disappearing is the intro to this plotline ...

Re: Spoiler, I agree 100% on the casting! I am a few episodes behind right now and from what I have been reading, I wouldn't be surprised if the mid season finale or the season finale we see...

The heads on a few poles like they did in the books. That would be outstanding in my book and they keep to the books with who they take out!

CaptMarvel

macrumors 68000
Sep 20, 2014
North Carolina
Re: Spoiler, I agree 100% on the casting! I am a few episodes behind right now and from what I have been reading, I wouldn't be surprised if the mid season finale or the season finale we see...

The heads on a few poles like they did in the books. That would be outstanding in my book and they keep to the books with who they take out!

I think they are doing some serious foreshadowing...to the pikes/poles right now but I’d expect it to be at the season finale since there’s the handling of Rick’s departure before the mid season finale unless his head is going to be the first :(

A lot of bat references as well, so either they are hinting at Negan’s return or foreshadowing that someone is about to get Lucille’d soon.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.