An iPhone Lover without an iPhone for 16 days

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by RonHC, May 21, 2010.

1. RonHC macrumors 6502a

RonHC

I, like thousands of others, am addicted to my iPhone. Just 2 days ago i sold my iPhone 3G to a good friend and now i am all set for the new iPhone being announced on June 7th [After that, waiting for the new iPhone is just gonna fly by]

So until June 7th, i have technically 16 days and XX hours without an iPhone and its torturing...
    I need tips from iPhone Lovers who had to deal with the same issue. Never have i felt so incomplete without my iPhone

2. maflynn Moderator

maflynn

Staff Member

You're assuming that the iPhone will be available on June 7th.

Last year it wasn't available until July.

3. Rhalliwell1 macrumors 6502a

January 2009 i drowned my iPhone while skiing, i used a really crap Sony erricson until the 3GS launch. I can't tell you how annoying it was... but you know, when you get your new iPhone you get the face the excitement of a brand new toy all over again.

In a way have a time without the iPhone is worth the excitement. That is, of course, if you share the same excitement as i do for these devices! :)

4. Eddieowns macrumors member

Actually it came out last year on June 19.

5. RonHC thread starter macrumors 6502a

RonHC

i said "being announced on June 7th" not available

6. -aggie- macrumors P6

-aggie-

You should buy some iPhone gum or the iPhone patch et Target. It’s best not to quit cold turkey like that. You also might want to look into local meetings of IA every Friday at 7:00 PM at your church. Good luck, man. You’ll need it.

7. Rhalliwell1 macrumors 6502a

I am a huge fan of this post. Very funny! :D

8. RonHC thread starter macrumors 6502a

RonHC

ahh yes the iGum and iPatch
    On my way to my local Target

9. imac9556 macrumors 6502a

Dude, it was hell for me. I sold my iPhone 3 weeks ago (the 3Gs model) and after 2 weeks, broke down and purchased a iPhone 1st generation on craigslist for $50 to hold me through the wait!

Good luck! :)

p.s. the iPatch didn't work for me

10. cobie454 macrumors regular

cobie454

The thought of using another simplistic phone other than my iPhone makes me not even want a cell phone at all. I hope u make it going this long without your iPhone

11. sheppy1 macrumors 6502a

sheppy1

I had to use a Motorola V3 for 2 weeks while I was waiting for o2 to unlock my 3GS, it was absolute hell (I have been an iPhone user since pretty much the release of the 2G) anyway the worst thing about it is texting, when you have been using a QWERTY keyboard for that long, it's aggonizing having to use a keypad, it took me literally about 15 minutes sometimes to type out a message on it, it was ridiculous and don't even get me started on the lack of apps and having to use a WAP brwoser lol

12. Dr Kevorkian94 macrumors 68020

The things most of the general public dosnt know what the wwdc is so u could just sell it like the day before or that day. So u screw some shop guy over who cares. I sold my iPhones for 200$ every year and the guy I sell it to probably gets double the price but I could care less. I talked to him the other day and he said he would do it again for the same ammount. So I'm happy I didn't sell my iPhone yet but I'll do it when I see if I like the new phone, we have seen leaks but I still think apple might be cooking something up.because only god knows? :D

13. entatlrg macrumors 68040

entatlrg

If you've had an iPhone since the 2G and it's still taking 15 minutes to type a text message, the problem isn't the phone it's YOU who needs much more practice.

After years with Blackberries, I'm now a faster typist on my iPhone now than I ever was with my Blackberry.

14. sheppy1 macrumors 6502a

sheppy1

Nooooooooo lol I meant when I had to go back to using the kaypad on the V3 that it was taking me 15 minutes to type out a message, I can practically bash a text out on my 3GS without even looking at the screen anymore because I know the key placement so well lol

15. ngenerator macrumors 68000

ngenerator

Oh the posts I miss on my days off! I haven't even sold my devices yet I'm still feeling the craving. I'm thinking iMethadone is my only remaining option.

16. nickspohn macrumors 68040

nickspohn

I text a lot of people, and last year I sold my iPhone the day before the new one came out. I had an old Nokia phone to text on, and let me tell you, it sucked. You take advantage of so many iPhone features everyday that you take them for granted.

17. Blueline29 macrumors 68020

Blueline29

This is why I'm waiting until either the day of launch or (possibly) a day or so before. I used my mom's dumbphone to send a text to someone for her a few days ago while she was driving and it was all I could do not to heave the thing out the window; it was that maddening. I have a RAZR and something else here that I suppose I could use, potentially, but.......ugh.

18. RonHC thread starter macrumors 6502a

RonHC

i know!!! :eek:
    I have to use these small buttons from this phone thats like 3 years old
    Texting is so annoying now without the iPhone

19. IBradMac macrumors 68000

IBradMac

I heard Wal Mart is selling it for half the price of what Target is selling it for.

20. TheSahand macrumors member

i am in the EXACT same position!

june cant come any sooner!

p.s., i hope my return to iphone will include using a higher-res screen!

21. sheppy1 macrumors 6502a

sheppy1

It shoudln't be as bad as last time for me though as I am going to be buying a Blackberry, just to fill the waiting time

22. Geckotek macrumors G3

Geckotek

Are you a sadist? :p

23. Shanebenn macrumors newbie

In the same boat as you OP. :( using a Motorola Rokr E1 from 2005...
    Tried opening up the internet browser to check some stuff out and get this ugly green browser animation, laughed so hard. Good thing it syncs with iTunes. Keeps my sanity some how. If only i had a 2.5mm to 3.5mm jack converter now.

24. msavwah macrumors 6502

I would not sell my iPhone to a good friend a month before an upgrade. I would tell them to wait till June for the new one, in fact I have done that every time someone tells me they are gonna buy an iPhone this time of year.
    :p

25. insanemccain macrumors member

insanemccain

ouch, I don't think I could do it...

I've been using an iPhone since day one of release. Honestly, I think I'd just go w/o a cell phone if I didn't have mine.

Of course I always keep my old iPhones as I upgrade so I also have backup ones if I need them as well...