And the Truth will set you free...

Discussion in 'Site and Forum Feedback' started by -=XX=-Nephilim, Aug 26, 2010.

1. -=XX=-Nephilim macrumors 6502a

Sad fact is that this site is slowly but surely turning into Fox News tech equivalent...

Yes, I am referring to baseless Flash bashing (and similar propaganda crap) that's going on recently...

Most recent example being this article:

http://www.macrumors.com/2010/08/20...e-on-droid-2-found-to-be-hit-or-miss-at-best/

Sure, publish it by all means... But if this web site isn't about crap propaganda and it is about objective journalism instead - then why not also publish this article too (and / or many other similar ones!) ?!?

http://www.examiner.com/gadgets-in-los-angeles/adobe-proves-that-flash-can-work-on-mobile-devices

MacRumors should be reliable site for us Mac users and it should provide us with objective and unbiased information!

Internet as a whole (and yes that includes Flash) is HUGE and super important thing and the fact that we can't access large part of it via our iDevices means that we are all being victim of certain draconian politics coming from cupertino...

Why MacRumors doesn't question all this?

Why MacRumors, instead of quoting some crap articles on the net, doesn't take one of the latest Android devices and test the browsing experience for themselves?

Why not write objective article on this issue yourself!?!?

Why just kiss SJ back part permanently and effectively misinform and therefore harm interests of your readers!?

etc...

Wake up and be objective and fair!

2. angelwatt Moderator emeritus

angelwatt

You do get that MR is a "rumor" site and not a news site right? I've been around for a while and things really haven't changed in terms of the types of articles that get posted. Sure the devices has changed, but MR doesn't spout out their own opinion, they just present other article's opinions. Way more unbiased than anything you'll find on Fox news.

3. -=XX=-Nephilim thread starter macrumors 6502a

Ok, so why not publish articles with counter arguments then!?!?!

Have a look at above link which is one out of many that praises Flash performance on Android... Guy who wrote it even starts with apology to Adobe since he was 'flash basher and sceptic' too!

If they are even slightly objective - they would publish original article with at least one counter argument too... Or why not add personal opinion as well!? I am sure it isn't that hard to find someone with one of the latest Android powered devices and do a quick test of its browsing capabilities...

But no sir!

Lets find the worst possible article on the net and plaster it across the main page for entire 3 days!

MR's objective journalism sucks hard - at least in its current state...

Hope things change soon!

4. rhett7660 macrumors G4

rhett7660

Because the article you posted is any better? "All the bugs have been worked out"??? "Steve jobs has had his day?"..... yeah that really puts the credibility back into journalism. :rolleyes:

5. -=XX=-Nephilim thread starter macrumors 6502a

Did I ever say publish one and don't publish the other!?

Nope...

I said publish BOTH articles (at least) and then add some via your own research!

What we had instead is usual propaganda garbage - most probably intentionally posted on Friday so it dominates the headlines for as long as possible (it reached 3+ days as the top story!)

I wouldn't be surprised if they even got a cheque from Apple for this...

How low can this place go only owners / editors know... But quite frankly I don't think it can go much lower than where it is at the moment...

Filth!

And not just any harmless filth but rather serious one at that...

6. -=XX=-Nephilim thread starter macrumors 6502a

Hey MacRumors and Steve Jobs fans :)

Watch this video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JF43vkNnoiE

Don't forget that this is only the 1st Flash Player release! With bit of imagination one can easily imagine how it will perform on the stream of upcoming devices and with further software tweaks and updates...

7. -aggie- macrumors P6

-aggie-

8. iRance macrumors regular

Why are you even on MacRumors?
    In your sig,it says that you've been boycotting iOS devices.
    If you're here for the Mac forums,fine.Just stay there.

9. rdowns macrumors Penryn

rdowns

Nephilim's Signature
    Fair and Balanced :rolleyes:

10. -=XX=-Nephilim thread starter macrumors 6502a

Oh really?

Wonder why MR doesn't make the headline out of that one! :)

Imagine it tomorrow (Friday) :

Flash available on your iPad (just jailbreak it and Frash it, done!)

Sure there are questions in regards to warranty and sure it isn't officially supported by Apple...

And my questions are based exactly around that!

Why isn't it officially supported by Apple - if some 'home made' port works rather well imagine how would real player work if Apple worked with Adobe?

What are the REAL reasons behind it?

Why MR doesn't publicly question all this ********?

Why MR doesn't publish any real life videos (like one posted above) about Flash performance on mobile device?

Indeed why MR doesn't mention Frash at all?

Why MR permanently insist on crap propaganda and lies?

Why do we need to stare at blue lego boxes if Flash is OPTIONAL browser plug-in anyway? (there are some of us who would LOVE to have almost full net in our hands!)

Why are we paying premium price for what is clearly crippled and limited devices?

Why are we intentionally blocked from seeing huge chunk of the net?

etc... etc... etc...

Point of this thread is about OBJECTIVE JOURNALISM and MR in its current state is nothing more but Jobs slimy propaganda machine that spreads lies and misinformation therefore harming our interests...

MR needs to wake up ASAP - stop spreading crap propaganda and lies and starts asking some serious questions in regards to what is effectively CENSORSHIP we are put through...

11. -=XX=-Nephilim thread starter macrumors 6502a

Just found this video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=adouTnXgelE

So where is Steve Jobs to comment flash performance on his own iPad!?!?!

Where is Mac Rumors to make headlines out of this video?

To ask some serious questions perhaps?

Where is that great Journalism gone ffs!!!

12. joeconvert macrumors 6502

And there is the problem. 1st release. Adobe has been complaining about Apple blocking them on the iPhone since 2007. 2007... really three years and they have a release 1 that isn't complete garbage. So maybe 4 years after iPhone (iOS) is released they will have something that Apple would be comfortable with being on the iPhone. 4 Years.

They probably spent more on the ad campaign talking about not being on the iPhone than they spent on Mac Flash development since the release of OS X. Granted that last statement was complete hyperbole, but you get the idea.

The fact that we are just now seeing a reasonable mobile effort from Adobe somewhat vindicates Jobs' view now doesn't it? I think that was the point of the MR article you referenced.

Edit: If I had seen your sig before I typed this, I wouldn't have wasted my time being trolled.

13. -=XX=-Nephilim thread starter macrumors 6502a

Yes, and where is that 1st release for us?

Why is Apple blocking Flash?

Why home made port works well on jail-broken iPad (see above video)?

Why Apple refused to work with Adobe to allow us access to whole www?

Why MR does't question the whole situation which increasingly smells of crap?

Why rest of the world can view (almost) entire net today and why we can't?

Will we ever get full net on iDevices?

etc...

There are TONS of questions to be asked NOW and all we have from this site is propaganda and lies...

Hence this thread!

It is wake up call for JOURNALISTS working on what is widely understood to be the best site on Mac related news and info...

14. steviem macrumors 68020

steviem

But it isn't a rumor.

Come here for your Mac/iOS rumors. Go to engadget, and any other host of tech sites for your Tech NEWS.

And AFAIK, are the contributors to mr really journalists in the traditional sense?

15. -=XX=-Nephilim thread starter macrumors 6502a

While this site carries word 'Rumors' in its name it is far away from being exclusively about it... Everyone who visited this place more than once knows this :)

In any case, my question is where are the "Rumors" of following on the page one headlines:

1. Flash runs fine on Android - http://www.examiner.com/gadgets-in-los-angeles/adobe-proves-that-flash-can-work-on-mobile-devices

2. Real life video of Flash performance on Android showing heavy Flash based sites (or more than just videos) - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JF43vkNnoiE

3. Run latest Flash player on your iPad or iPhone4 - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=adouTnXgelE

And this is only what we picked up from this very thread :)

Why aren't we shown such things while at the same time we are perpetually fed with anti Flash propaganda and lies?

What's the problem MR ?

Why aren't above links worth your headline while crap article you published last Friday was?

What exactly drives your process of article selection - pay cheque from cupertino or what exactly?

Meh...

16. James L macrumors 6502a

There is no way someone can get this uptight about flash and the content of a rumor site.

This thread is a joke, right?

Good one! I like it. :)

17. iMacmatician macrumors 601

Something tells me it isn't…

18. MacDawg macrumors P6

MacDawg

Personally, I don't give a rip about Flash

If you don't like the Apple experience... buy something else
    Pretty simple, it is called choice, and you have one

19. -=XX=-Nephilim thread starter macrumors 6502a

Nope - it's no joke :)

It is finger pointing at editorial of this site coupled with number of questions in regards to why exactly are we all intentionally misinformed and fed with crap propaganda and lies...

Really - I am expecting one of the staff (or indeed the owner) to turn up here and explain us all what is going on exactly...

Is this site just a part of Apple's own propaganda filth machine or indeed is it the site we can rely on to provide us with objective information!?

What is it really?

Arn are you there?

Eric?

Anyone?

20. MacDawg macrumors P6

MacDawg

I don't think any explanation is needed at all
    MR doesn't need to answer to you and your vitriolic tirades
    I don't think anyone will take you seriously

21. -=XX=-Nephilim thread starter macrumors 6502a

Oh they will take me seriously - don't worry :) - but yes, you are right, I would be pleasantly surprised to see official response to some (if not all) questions asked here...

:apple:

22. mscriv macrumors 601

mscriv

OP, I think you're missing the community aspect of MR which is primarily a forum based website. Yes, there is a front page and that page carries new stories, rumors, and news that is primaily about mac products. However, the site does not advertise itself as an independent/unbiased source of product review and commentary.

MR relies on it's members to respond to the news, information, and rumors that are out there and in doing so to provide, from their own experience, analysis and review. With this thread, you are doing exactly what it is that you want MR to do. If you don't like what Apple is putting out there in terms of Flash support, then keep sharing video clips, your own product experiences, and links to other sources of information that show opposing views.

Stop thinking of MR as the source of analysis and opinion, and start thinking of it as the vehicle through which others have the opportunity to share their analysis and opinion. Being a productive and contributing member of this community is how you can accomplish your goal of making sure both sides of the story are told. Just make sure to do it in the appropriate section of the forum so it can be easily found by those who could benefit.

23. MacDawg macrumors P6

MacDawg

I am sure WildCowboy will be along eventually to give you a public response of some kind, but you won't like it or accept it :shrug:

But to think you are calling MR out and holding them accountable in some way is laughable

If you really want to be taken seriously, you could just PM WildCowboy and ask him a real question. I am sure he would give you a reponse. No need to be so dramatic. After all, it is just Flash, and who really gives a ****?

24. -=XX=-Nephilim thread starter macrumors 6502a

Thanks for the cool reply!

I have been submitting news directly to MR - including some of the links posted in this very thread - yet not a single one made page 2 yet alone page 1 headlines!

Hence this very thread and questions such as:

How this story http://www.macrumors.com/2010/08/20...e-on-droid-2-found-to-be-hit-or-miss-at-best/ - can make page 1 headline and remain at the top for 3 full days yet not a single counter argument can make page 2 yet alone anything else...

I am proud Mac user myself by the way!

But I am not prepared to be fed lies, bullcrap and cheap propaganda down my throat - and unfortunately this is exactly what MR is doing recently...

I also like this place a lot hence care for it to become better and wish to provide us all with balanced, real and objective information we can rely upon...

25. -=XX=-Nephilim thread starter macrumors 6502a

If WildCowboy cares about his job, MR and its community he will come to this thread and give official response to some (if not all) comments and questions made...

Looking forward to it! :)