Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

CoyoteRidge

macrumors member
Sep 15, 2014
I switched from a 2013 Moto X to an iPhone 6. I miss my X, but the 6 is better in several ways. Much better camera, better apps, seamless integration with my iPad Mini, and of course, seamless iTunes integration. My Moto X Android UI was just as polished and buttery smooth as OS 8, but overall, the 6 wins. I've owned at least 5 Android phones, as well as the iPhone 3GS, 4S and 5. I keep coming back to Apple though. IMO no Android comes even close to the fantastic user experience offered by the iPhone EXCEPT the Moto X and Nexus 5. The latter two Android phone are PURE ANDROID (Nexus 5) and NEARLY PURE (Moto X). Because of their purity, the Moto X and Nexus 5 are best in breed for Android devices. Samsungs addition of the Touchwiz interface added to the Android UI ruin those devices. This is why over specced Samsung devices suffer from lag and miserable performance issues over time. I'm back in the IPhone family and this time for good. My advice? If you desire an Android, go PURE or save your money, and never, ever purchase a device from Samsung. Touchwiz is GARBAGE.

papashango9

macrumors member
Mar 9, 2013
I switched from a 2013 Moto X to an iPhone 6. I miss my X, but the 6 is better in several ways. Much better camera, better apps, seamless integration with my iPad Mini, and of course, seamless iTunes integration. My Moto X Android UI was just as polished and buttery smooth as OS 8, but overall, the 6 wins. I've owned at least 5 Android phones, as well as the iPhone 3GS, 4S and 5. I keep coming back to Apple though. IMO no Android comes even close to the fantastic user experience offered by the iPhone EXCEPT the Moto X and Nexus 5. The latter two Android phone are PURE ANDROID (Nexus 5) and NEARLY PURE (Moto X). Because of their purity, the Moto X and Nexus 5 are best in breed for Android devices. Samsungs addition of the Touchwiz interface added to the Android UI ruin those devices. This is why over specced Samsung devices suffer from lag and miserable performance issues over time. I'm back in the IPhone family and this time for good. My advice? If you desire an Android, go PURE or save your money, and never, ever purchase a device from Samsung. Touchwiz is GARBAGE.
coyote, couldnt u just install a new launcher like google now and it is pretty much pure android? Im debating the Note 4 versus 6+. Hmmm..

ILowry82

macrumors 6502
Sep 26, 2014
I've been using Android for the past year. Prior to that I owned every iPhone through the iPhone 5. Over the past year I've had the S4, Nexus 5, Optimus G Pro, G2, HTC M8 and the G3. I kept changing android phones because everyone I used had certain aspects I didn't like about it. I love android and the customization you can do but there are too many bugs and work arounds. The iPhone just works and works perfect. I won't be switching back to android any time soon.

CoyoteRidge

macrumors member
Sep 15, 2014
coyote, couldnt u just install a new launcher like google now and it is pretty much pure android? Im debating the Note 4 versus 6+. Hmmm..

I've installed Nova Launcher which is GREAT BTW on my old Moto X. It worked flawlessly on the X. I LOVED THE X. However, Nova Launcher on the Galaxy S 4 and 5 was not so great. Both devices suffered from lag and performance issues which I, and others attributed to the presence of the Touchwiz interface. KitKat is the key to the success of Android devices. Samsung with Touchwiz is a detriment, a BIG ONE! Again, this is my opinion. I certainly have owned enough Android devices to have an opinion.

jimbo1mcm

macrumors 68000
Mar 21, 2010
Had a LG G2

A great phone. Thought I would really miss it. The Iphone 6 has it beat, hands down. I don't miss the LG at all, and it was a great phone.

yui4

macrumors 65816
May 26, 2011
I came back from a recent excursion to the htc one m8, it was a good phone and I couldn't really fault it but to get it how i wanted it, I felt I had to root it. I bought the 6+ as soon as I could as I've always been happy with iOS but the lure of a bigger screen pulled me away from Apple on several occasions over the last few years. I've had most of the flagship android phones over the last 2 years and whilst most were good, I rooted every single one in a bid to change things I wanted or didn't like. I got the 6+ and I'm really pleased I've come back. I've learned that spec chasing, cores, ppi, quadrant tests and the likes seem to mean very little if the software ain't right and apple mostly have got the software right on this phone.

Matt-

macrumors member
Aug 10, 2012
I like that I can sync my Macbook calendar to my 6+ and I like that all my tech matches now ☺️

jaymzuk

macrumors regular
Jun 1, 2012
I switched from a Moto G to an iPhone 6 last year, and I'm not particularly impressed. I'm not upset, nothing is wrong, but I switched from a £100 handset to a £600 handset, and the vast majority of apps I use are identical in iOS and Android.

I'll be switching back when my contract is up in a couple months time, possibly to a Moto X. The locking into an ecosystem thing is pure BS anyway. Practically all of my apps are free and synced through facebook so to move to Android is no hassle at all.

If I do end up buying a smartwatch, it definitely won't be an Apple Watch, I won't hamstring my choice in phone because of a shiny watch with limited functionality (Not that I think Android Wear is there yet).

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.