Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Adamo

macrumors 6502
Apr 23, 2006
Oh, cheers. That sucks a bit, I have to double my two year post-count to see it now. :( I bought two of my computers from here from memory, Mac Pro and Mac mini. Oh well.

Gray-Wolf

macrumors 68030
Apr 19, 2008
Pandora, Home Tree
The six months thing will be up in october for me. I'm just curious about what is for sell there. I prefer, (No pun intended) to window shop more than to buy.

bigandy

macrumors G3
Apr 30, 2004
Murka
This should be sticky'd. Maybe that'll help lessen the amount of "What happened to the marketplace" threads. :rolleyes:

Obviously nobody's reading the rules etc at the very top of the page. Maybe they'll read this.

eidrunner247

macrumors 6502
Jul 4, 2006
This should be sticky'd. Maybe that'll help lessen the amount of "What happened to the marketplace" threads. :rolleyes:

Obviously nobody's reading the rules etc at the very top of the page. Maybe they'll read this.

Agreed... I had to do a few searches before I found this thread.

Curren~Sea

macrumors regular
Jun 21, 2006
Vancouver, BC
250 is excessive, in my opinion, but if it works for you then more power to ya.

I've been a member for two years and have about 150 posts. Why not more?

• My Mac works fine most of the time
  • I'm pretty casual about the whole Mac thing
  • I'm not a super Mac user so I let those with more experience do the Q/A thing
  • No offense but I have a rather busy life outside of Mac Forums

It's too bad that this great resource is so restrictive. Maybe in two more years I'll be judged worthy of buying someone else's used Mac stuff...

:apple:

MacDawg

Moderator emeritus
Mar 20, 2004
"Between the Hedges"
Maybe in two more years I'll be judged worthy of buying someone else's used Mac stuff...

Sorry you feel that way, but it isn't like that at all
I think the original post says it all, so I won't repeat it

Woof, Woof - Dawg
pawprint.gif

JNB

macrumors 604
250 is excessive, in my opinion, but if it works for you then more power to ya.

I've been a member for two years and have about 150 posts. Why not more?

• My Mac works fine most of the time
  • I'm pretty casual about the whole Mac thing
  • I'm not a super Mac user so I let those with more experience do the Q/A thing
  • No offense but I have a rather busy life outside of Mac Forums

It's too bad that this great resource is so restrictive. Maybe in two more years I'll be judged worthy of buying someone else's used Mac stuff...

:apple:

Obviously as this was announced over five months ago and you seem to have just noticed it, it doesn't seem be that critical or common of a need for you. There's always Apple Store refurbs, Craigslist, or eBay.

MST

macrumors 6502
Dec 3, 2007
Surrey, UK
I've just hit the the magic 250 after what can only be described as a magical 1 year and 28 days here on MR :p

On a more serious note...I made 6502 a couple of hours ago yet there's still no sign of the fabled marketplace forum, am I doing something wrong? Do I need to do something in order to access it?

edesignuk

Moderator emeritus
Mar 25, 2002
London, England
^ It can take a little time for your post count to be "read" and recognised by the entire forum system, give it a few more hours. You might also try logging out and in.

Blue Velvet

Moderator emeritus
Jul 4, 2004
made 6502 a couple of hours ago yet there's still no sign of the fabled marketplace forum, am I doing something wrong? Do I need to do something in order to access it?

Wait for a few more hours until all the servers do their thing. Contact us if it's not working for you within the next 24-48 hours.

MST

macrumors 6502
Dec 3, 2007
Surrey, UK
Thanks for the prompt responses guys, however, just as I replied to this thread the marketplace forum appeared, I wonder if hitting 251 posts forced the count to be recognised by the forum system.

WildCowboy

Administrator/Editor
Staff member
Jan 20, 2005
. . .I wonder if hitting 251 posts forced the count to be recognised by the forum system.

Not quite. There is a script that runs periodically to look for people who have gained new permissions. Once you reach 250 posts (and have six months' of membership) the script will find you...it just might be a short while until the next running of the script.

Fiveos22

macrumors 65816
Nov 20, 2003
I guess I haven't been paying attention to the changes around here (since this happened about a year ago), but I just wanted to say this is a good change... though it didn't help me sell my laptop.

Ah well, here's to continuous virtual civic improvement!

liamkp

macrumors 68020
May 29, 2010
how about a real high post count, say 1500? that overrides the 6months

there are a couple of new members that have been real active in the past few months who have 1000+ posts who are known around the forums, like alphaod who has 2000+ posts but has only been a member for just over 3 months
I have 1500+ and ive been here for a little less than two months.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.