Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Thex1138

macrumors 6502a
Mar 17, 2009
Sydney, Australia
iLurch...

Does Everything you rang for... :D

Attachments

• lurch.jpg
    lurch.jpg
    18.8 KB · Views: 709

SeaFox

macrumors 68030
Jul 22, 2003
Somewhere Else
iGuide... Comes with fluffy white iTowel to aid you in your travels.

C'mon people twenty-five comments and no jokes of this type yet?

furi0usbee

macrumors 68000
Jul 11, 2008
lame again, why assume that it *must* start with an "i"?

iDontknow... maybe because iPod, iMac, iTunes, iPhone, iSight, iWork, iLife. It's not a stretch to think Apple would seriously consider something starting with "i." Actually, it's more probable than not.

Jhardy0786

macrumors newbie
Oct 28, 2009
Iguide

Think about it iPod had I tunes to get songs. And islate will have iguide like tv guide to get tv movies news papers mags you won't have to do everything in I tunes.And maybe it will be web based

furi0usbee

macrumors 68000
Jul 11, 2008
Apple should just re-use iBook. I mean if they are touting it as a book/magazine reader and all...

chickenninja

macrumors 6502
Feb 13, 2008
inside my skull
iguide is itunes and safari convergence

iguide sounds like its the next stage of safari, to compete directly with google chrome and palm OS in which the web browser is the OS. I could also see it being an expansion of online distribution, bringing music, video, tivo, apps and ebooks together in a single distribution hub.which would probably have something to do with itunes. i think iguide will be a new app that will run on many :apple: products, shinning brightest on Apple TVs allowing you to better download content and surf the web. and maybe steves suprise is an HDTV
so you can throw out your TV guide cause all youll need now is iguide

PS: islate sounds cool

adamw

macrumors 6502a
Sep 22, 2006
I like both iSlate and iGuide.

We shall see whatever new hardware products and new software use these names. Apple is good at building up anticipation for their wonderful products!

klrobinson999

macrumors 6502a
Dec 28, 2008
I'm betting neither name is the name for the device. Your "iSlate" or "iGuide" is going to be an application within the device or a new Apple Service...perhaps their "cloud" streaming service? "What's on your slate for today?"

zedsdead

macrumors 68040
Jun 20, 2007
iSlate = Tablet

iGuide = Redesigned Apple TV (so different, it has a new name);)probably not.

Peace

Cancelled
Apr 1, 2005
Space The Only Frontier
Come on arn..You're becoming a bit obsessive over this "iStuff".

It will more than likely have a guide since it does do all that stuff but it won't be called iGuide. Perhaps "Guide" but not "iGuide". Apple is just covering it's bases.

Too many "I"'s in all of this to become viable.

Domain Name: NEWTON.COM
Registrar: MARKMONITOR INC.
Whois Server: whois.markmonitor.com
Referral URL: http://www.markmonitor.com
Name Server: NSERVER.APPLE.COM
Name Server: NSERVER2.APPLE.COM
Updated Date: 21-jan-2009
Creation Date: 04-apr-1994
Expiration Date: 28-oct-2010

greygray

macrumors 68000
Oct 22, 2009
iGuide sounds like something related to Google Maps and GPS which Apple offers. iSlate would serve the Tablet better.

Peter Harrison

macrumors 6502a
Dec 24, 2009
UK
iBook would make a fantastic name, but obviously it's a bit silly if it has already been used. But it really is a great name for a device that aims to kill the Kindle.

I'm surprised that most people seem to prefer iSlate over iGuide. iGuide seems more likely to me seeing as it sounds friendlier. It gives off the feeling that it is helpful, and easy to use. iSlate gives off a less user-friendly feeling, if you ask me.

Rot'nApple

macrumors 65816
Dec 27, 2006
I DID build that!
Since this tablet may be more of a multi media device what with newspapers, magazines, e-books, tv episodes and made for tv movies and movies from Hollywood, etc... call it the

iSight... You gonna spend 97% of your time looking at the damn thing and you'll eventually go blind! Just like the brain tumor you'll get from using your cell phone... and the cardiac arrest we'll all suffer because we are all sitting here reading posts and typing away on our own two cent comments instead of turning off the computer and getting out and enjoying life... :eek:

sculfort

macrumors member
Aug 12, 2008
didnt awhile back a new york times person slipped in a conference and said "the impending slate?" before all this slate stuff was found? pretty obvious it will be called islate

BJMRamage

macrumors 68030
Oct 2, 2007
iGuide sounds like software similar to how the Chicken Ninja said.

Also, what if they are removing "i"s and just wanted to secure the "i" name as well to be sure nobody else would use it, like if someone tried using iSafari.

JeffDM

macrumors 6502a
Sep 16, 2006
Can't say I like either of 'em.

One of 'em's a piece of stone, the other too specific.

Not so fast, "slate" is also a term for something that is written on, as in a chalkboard.

If Apple does introduce a new product or a new service, I hope they go away from the "i" + camel case nomenclature. It's getting to feel childish.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.