Any current iPhone 4 owners going white?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Nikos, Apr 27, 2011.

1. Nikos macrumors 68000

Nikos

I never really cared about white, but now I really want it for some reason. Two of the lines on my family plan can get it for $499, so I might grab it with one and sell my current iPhone 4 for an easy $450 or so. Only downside is contract extension.

I'll leave my other line alone, which is eligible for full subsidized pricing on June 18th, for iPhone 5.

Any other current iPhone 4 owners going white?

2. chdwil macrumors regular

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_3_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8G4 Safari/6533.18.5)

Once you go black, you never go back.

Word.

3. chrisbetty macrumors 6502

If I can I will I have wanted white since day one

4. benhollberg macrumors 68020

benhollberg

5. cpucrash0 macrumors regular

It's just a color change and the device still performs the same. So no. Plus with the iPhone 5 coming this year why would anyone extend their contract just for a color change? I bet iphone 5 is going to be in white. Just wait for the iPhone 5 in white. I don't know what's so exciting about the color white that makes people want to sell their black iPhone 4? It's the same device people. If you want white so bad wait till it drops in price to $99 dollars.

6. Goldfrapp macrumors 601

Goldfrapp

There, fixed it for ya.

7. simple20 macrumors regular

I really wanted white, but wasn't willing to wait this long. I have enough money for one, but there's a lot of things that money could be better used for, and getting apple's newest products isn't one of those.

8. Hans Brix macrumors 6502

My wife is. I'm using the upgrade on my line to get her the white model. In turn, I'll take her black 4.

9. KrazyBear15 macrumors member

KrazyBear15

Good choice. It's not even a 'new product', just a product that was released 10 months ago in a new color. Functionality is 100% the same as black and it'd be just plain dumb to pay any money for the White iP4 if you already have a black one. Unless you're in the KKK then I'd understand. Joking! :apple:

10. Nikos thread starter macrumors 68000

Nikos

iPhone 4 street value is between $400-550 though, so you wouldn't be paying anything. Only downside, depending on how you look at it, is contract extension. I don't plan on switching, so it doesn't bother me.

11. wordoflife macrumors 604

wordoflife

I wouldn't really go through the whole hassle of buying the phone for full price, extending the contract and selling the iPhone for a different color. From what it sounds, if you are a person who would go through that for a new color, I would assume the same for a totally new iPhone. (iphone 5?). Plus, it's really just the same exact phone in a different color. So I don't know, up to you.

12. cpucrash0 macrumors regular

so to the people who are going to buy the white iPhone 4 now are you guys going to be mad if it goes down in price to $99 dollars when the new iPhone 5 comes out?

13. Hans Brix macrumors 6502

No one should be. That's the norm for electronics.

14. vong macrumors 6502a

vong

15. cpucrash0 macrumors regular

um Didn't they get mad when the first iPhone went down in price like within a few months? I think I remember that. And then apple gave them gift cards or something like that.

16. Blue Fox macrumors 6502a

Blue Fox

I'm content with my black one. The white looks nice, but I've never really liked electronics in white. The black and the brushed stainless steel looks amazing IMO.

17. jellybean macrumors regular

I'm strongly considering it. I've wanted the white one from day one, and I'm not too worried about the iPhone 5 because if the rumours of a September release are to be believed then by the time it's actually on store shelves that's half a year away.

I'm going to see how much I can get for my black iPhone 4 on eBay, then buy the white one direct from Apple contract-free.

I know, I know. I'm a sucker!

18. iApples macrumors 65816

iApples

I don't really care about the white iPhone. I have a case on mine anyways. So it defeats the whole purpose. (I also prefer it to be a white back and black front. Like the 3G.) If they released a red iPhone... I'd for sure consider buying it.

19. ani23 macrumors 6502

Once you get an iPad u don't give 2 s&$ts about your iPhone

20. ucfgrad93 macrumors P6

ucfgrad93

21. maclaptop macrumors 65816

maclaptop

No way.

I'm taking a wait and see approach, before ever buying another iPhone.

Say what you will, but my iPhone 4 WAS AFFECTED by Antennagate.

My smartphone of choice "should" be an iPhone, now if Apple will just build a good one that works as a phone.

Then I'll be as happy as I am with my other Apple computers and gear.

22. gdjsnyder macrumors 6502a

gdjsnyder

I believe that antenna attenuation does exist more commonly with the iPhone 4 than other iPhones. However, the attenuation is very minimal, and not very noticeable, UNLESS you are in a weak signal area strength with your provider. If you are claiming to be having problems with antennagate then maybe it is time to move to another carrier?

On-topic: White iPhone 4 will be mine in a few hours. Friends husband works at Verizon, and he is opening tomorrow, so he said he would be sure to put one aside for me. My moms gonna go pick it up. I'm gonna go get it from her at work. And it will be mine.

23. Vegasryn macrumors 6502

Yes I am. Wanted the white from one the start - will be selling my 16gb black.

24. Hans Brix macrumors 6502

Like I said, no one should be. Any electronic device is practically outdated the moment you turn it on. :D

25. Pink∆Floyd macrumors 68020

Pink∆Floyd

Yeah I'm planing to do the right thing and go white :D

White looks so awesome!