iPhone XR Any issues with your XR?

snowboarder

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jun 9, 2007
After a couple of weeks with your XR, have you guys noticed any problems?
Anything similar to the complaints about XS/XS Max?
- video playback choppiness
- LTE/wifi reception/voice clarity
- yellow screens
- dead pixels
- random freezes
- sharp edges?

doboy

macrumors 68020
Jul 6, 2007
After a couple of weeks with your XR, have you guys noticed any problems?
Anything similar to the complaints about XS/XS Max?
- video playback choppiness
- LTE/wifi reception/voice clarity
- yellow screens
- dead pixels
- random freezes
- sharp edges?
It’s only been about a week not couple. Also yellow screens and dead pixels could happen regardless of the phone model. Having said that, I never had any of those issues when I had the Max and I don’t have any with my XR. The issues brought up in forums like these are often overblown and not a common occurrence in the real world.

DaveyVigs

macrumors regular
Sep 28, 2016
The issues brought up in forums like these are often overblown and not a common occurrence in the real world.
THIS!!!

Only been a week but no issues so far with my XR. Part of me wanted to return it for a different color but don’t want to risk seeing any issues with the new one. So I’ll probably just get a dbrand skin for it at some point.

Bballrob

macrumors 6502
Jul 11, 2017
Alaska
What color did you choose? I’m about to pull the trigger on an XR and debating between the Blue or Red.

Reactions: m-a

ATC

macrumors 65816
Apr 25, 2008
Canada
Zero issues here with the XR and I’ve been looking for them as I’m still in the return period.

Reactions: Broadus

vagos

macrumors member
Oct 19, 2014
No issues at all with my white XR 128gb. Only minor issue is that coming from an SE feels a bit heavy and not easy on one handed use. However I’ll get used to it.

Mackinjosh

Suspended
Aug 21, 2014
The speaker in the earpiece has cut out twice now and requires a reboot of the phone to make it work again. Users of the X, XS, and XS Max have all described a similar problem, so I'm guessing it's software-based. When the problem occurs, the earpiece volume still works for calls.

Reactions: Broadus

Catonow

macrumors regular
Jun 7, 2007
Cali
1 week, no technical issues. But coming from an 8, I find the XR too big to use one-handed, and I've got large hands. It's also bulkier and heavier, and harder to keep in a shirt pocket (my preferred place to keep my phone).

To be honest, I'm considering trading to an XS bc it's a little smaller and /lighter. But AT&T insists on charging me $45 to make the change (on top of the difference in price). Does anyone know of a way to make the switch without paying that fee? I'm still in the 14-day window.

OTACORB

macrumors 68000
Jun 21, 2009
Central, Louisiana
Black 128gb Xr and thus far I've not had any issues. The battery life on this thing absolutely blows me away. The display is easy on my eyes and I don't feel like it's a lower resolution screen. Pictures look great, though I do miss the telephoto lens a tad bit. I have 5 more days before the return window closes and I can already tell you that isn't going to happen. This is absolutely a keeper!

Last edited:

Smartwatchlover

macrumors regular
Sep 23, 2017
Abu Dhabi, UAE
All good here with my wife’s Xr Red 128GB.

Still have 5 days before the end of the 14 days return policy but I’m confident that there will be no reason to return it.

Only think, removing the otterbox case it’s not the easiest thing as you need to apply a lot of pressure.
Really hope that with the time it will become easier to place and remove it.

frozenflame4326

macrumors newbie
Sep 18, 2016
I’ve been loving my Xr so far, got it on launch day. I haven’t had any issues other than my idiot self. Exactly one week after getting it it fell off a divider in my house and... well you can see in the attached pic what happened. It’s a very slippery phone, I hate using cases and it slipped off my night stand once while charging from notification vibrations. I’m really hoping my credit card purchase protection will help me out on this...

Attachments

Reactions: GrumpyMom

GrumpyMom

macrumors G3
Sep 11, 2014
Ouch! Sorry you broke your lens.

Well something did happen tonight and I hope it was just a one time thing. I was going to take a picture of my husband and the camera gave me a blank screen for about 20 seconds. The phone was on and unlocked and all, but when I pulled up the camera there was just nothing but black where the camera view should have been. I hope that doesn't happen again. I'd hate to miss one of those special moments due to another glitch like this.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.