iPhone XR Any issues with your XR?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by snowboarder, Nov 3, 2018.

1. snowboarder macrumors 6502

After a couple of weeks with your XR, have you guys noticed any problems?
    Anything similar to the complaints about XS/XS Max?
    - video playback choppiness
    - LTE/wifi reception/voice clarity
    - yellow screens
    - dead pixels
    - random freezes
    - sharp edges?

2. doboy macrumors 68020

It’s only been about a week not couple. Also yellow screens and dead pixels could happen regardless of the phone model. Having said that, I never had any of those issues when I had the Max and I don’t have any with my XR. The issues brought up in forums like these are often overblown and not a common occurrence in the real world.

3. DaveyVigs macrumors regular

DaveyVigs

THIS!!!

Only been a week but no issues so far with my XR. Part of me wanted to return it for a different color but don’t want to risk seeing any issues with the new one. So I’ll probably just get a dbrand skin for it at some point.

4. Bballrob macrumors regular

Bballrob

What color did you choose? I’m about to pull the trigger on an XR and debating between the Blue or Red.

5. PBz macrumors 68020

PBz

Let me help.. :) the white is awesome also.
    --- Post Merged, Nov 3, 2018 ---
    Only a few days with XR but no issues.

6. ThatiPhoneKid macrumors 6502a

My iPhone XR had distortions in the display glass, returned it and got a replacement which is flawless

7. ssledoux macrumors 6502a

ssledoux

I’ve had none that could be seen with the naked eye. I mean I’m sure I could whip out a microscope and maybe find some imperfection somewhere, but I’m pretty picky and I haven’t seen anything, nor had any problems whatsoever.

8. Otflyer macrumors 6502

Otflyer

One week and no problems. I came from a XS Max with LTE problems. Very happy with XR and I saved $300.

9. lyceumHQ macrumors 65816

lyceumHQ

10. vince22 macrumors regular

0700D53F-DD5D-43DA-B58B-943333E5959D.png
    iPhone XR LTE and WiFi have excellent signals reception, I have only 250mbps download speed account but it exceeded that. It’s awesome.

11. Yogosans14 macrumors regular

Apps right now are poorly optimized for the XR, Snapchat and YouTube look horrible on this.

These developers need to hurry up

12. ATC macrumors 6502a

Zero issues here with the XR and I’ve been looking for them as I’m still in the return period.

13. DanRyb macrumors member

One week in today with my Red XR. No issues with anything here! Phone is flawless. :D

14. kawalerzysta macrumors regular

kawalerzysta

Went with with black 128gb iPhone Xr, and have zero issues.

15. gianton macrumors member

gianton

Same here with my white 64gb Xr, no issues at all running great

16. vagos macrumors member

vagos

No issues at all with my white XR 128gb. Only minor issue is that coming from an SE feels a bit heavy and not easy on one handed use. However I’ll get used to it.

17. Mackinjosh macrumors 65816

The speaker in the earpiece has cut out twice now and requires a reboot of the phone to make it work again. Users of the X, XS, and XS Max have all described a similar problem, so I'm guessing it's software-based. When the problem occurs, the earpiece volume still works for calls.

18. karmatourer macrumors 65816

karmatourer

8 days,no issues. Otterbox doesn't make Defender with screen protection,so using a screen protector for the 1st time with Defender.

19. Catonow macrumors regular

1 week, no technical issues. But coming from an 8, I find the XR too big to use one-handed, and I've got large hands. It's also bulkier and heavier, and harder to keep in a shirt pocket (my preferred place to keep my phone).

To be honest, I'm considering trading to an XS bc it's a little smaller and /lighter. But AT&T insists on charging me $45 to make the change (on top of the difference in price). Does anyone know of a way to make the switch without paying that fee? I'm still in the 14-day window.

20. ihakim macrumors member

Tiny chip in the anodized aluminum on my black one next to the rear glass. Probably from when it was being assesmbled. Barely noticeable and the rest of the phone is perfect so I’ll be keeping it.

21. GrumpyMom macrumors 604

GrumpyMom

22. OTACORB, Nov 3, 2018
    Last edited: Nov 3, 2018

OTACORB macrumors 65816

OTACORB

Black 128gb Xr and thus far I've not had any issues. The battery life on this thing absolutely blows me away. The display is easy on my eyes and I don't feel like it's a lower resolution screen. Pictures look great, though I do miss the telephoto lens a tad bit. I have 5 more days before the return window closes and I can already tell you that isn't going to happen. This is absolutely a keeper!

23. Smartwatchlover macrumors newbie

Smartwatchlover

All good here with my wife’s Xr Red 128GB.

Still have 5 days before the end of the 14 days return policy but I’m confident that there will be no reason to return it.

Only think, removing the otterbox case it’s not the easiest thing as you need to apply a lot of pressure.
    Really hope that with the time it will become easier to place and remove it.

24. frozenflame4326 macrumors newbie

I’ve been loving my Xr so far, got it on launch day. I haven’t had any issues other than my idiot self. Exactly one week after getting it it fell off a divider in my house and... well you can see in the attached pic what happened. It’s a very slippery phone, I hate using cases and it slipped off my night stand once while charging from notification vibrations. I’m really hoping my credit card purchase protection will help me out on this...

Attached Files:

25. GrumpyMom macrumors 604

GrumpyMom

Ouch! Sorry you broke your lens.

Well something did happen tonight and I hope it was just a one time thing. I was going to take a picture of my husband and the camera gave me a blank screen for about 20 seconds. The phone was on and unlocked and all, but when I pulled up the camera there was just nothing but black where the camera view should have been. I hope that doesn't happen again. I'd hate to miss one of those special moments due to another glitch like this.