iPhone XR Any issues with your XR?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by snowboarder, Nov 3, 2018.

1. thadoggfather macrumors G4

thadoggfather

Glad the 2nd one worked out!

I had no idea, though not surprised, XR is panel lottery. Every model seems to be... Probably still not as bad as OLED, but it would be so great to put this all behind us already.

Making new purchases sucks for this reason

2. AlexJoda macrumors 6502a

AlexJoda

Yes, agree with that very much. Hoping for the MicroLed technology without back-lightning. Maybe this can be adjusted better.

3. thadoggfather, Jan 14, 2019
    Last edited: Jan 14, 2019

thadoggfather macrumors G4

thadoggfather

Ugh my Xr has a bright pixel spot near the center that’s just cropped up

Maybe have to do a display swap ... debating whether to get it done or just wait it out and use the phone for a handful More months before swapping it for a new model or selling it

I hate screen lottery... would you guys wait it out or just go for it?

I also have a weird pressure point in bottom left that cropped up a little over a month ago but isn’t visible with a lot of colors and was something I was gonna hold off dealing with but another issue w the screen.. hmm

4. Relentless Power macrumors Penryn

Relentless Power

Why would you wait for something that has the potential become more problematic? (Especially since you already have another defect on the display.) And selling it with _two_ defects on the display will only drop the value more and likely not appeal to tbe majority of buyers who would be interested. Address it with Apple.

5. thadoggfather macrumors G4

thadoggfather

I wouldn’t sell it with defects. I’d get it fixed beofore selling. I just hate panel lottery that much but I should get it sorted for myself

6. thadoggfather macrumors G4

thadoggfather

I'm pissed...

got a display repair done for what looked like a bright pixel area in the center of the screen and now I have serious light bleeding through the gap area

Gonna have to make *another* trip. This is crap

Attached Files:

7. thadoggfather macrumors G4

thadoggfather

Not sure if I should do another screen repair on this replacement XR or just give up,

Got an express replacement and no light leak like the other repaired XR, but the bottom seems noticeably more red/yellow/dim than the rest of the screen... ugh i hate this

Almost wish I stayed put with my bruised looking first panel, that also developed a bright white spot in the center... even tho that was no good either

What would you guys do?

8. TheBrokenBee macrumors regular

TheBrokenBee

9. andresebr macrumors newbie

I would keep that one if it doesn’t have any other issues... All the XRs I got, including the one I ended up keeping have a warner bottom, but after a couple of weeks using it I don’t even notice it anymore. I think most (if not all) XRs suffer from this issue to a certain degree, it’s just not noticeable for some people. If it bothers you that much after a couple of days, turn off True Tone. It’s a lot less noticeable that way.

10. thadoggfather macrumors G4

thadoggfather

The first one I had had a warmer bottom too but it was so faint, and didnt really extend beyond the horizontal bar thats part of the X UI. This one seems to a bit more... but well see

Of course the first unit would develop more issues with time, didnt want to be stuck with it, otherwise wouldn have bothered at all.

and still wondering if i should have, even though i dont think I had much choice (who would buy an XR with a bright spot in the middle and bruised looking pixels in the bottom left on certain colors)?

ughhh

11. TheBrokenBee macrumors regular

TheBrokenBee

what color you got?

12. milover Suspended

Crazy expensive phones have that many big issues? Ho my god.

13. thadoggfather macrumors G4

thadoggfather

Blue. Not sure that makes a difference though

14. Elise100 macrumors newbie

So far loving the XR. Issues so far have been slower wifi, sometimes a video won’t play at all. And cut on finger from holding the phone.

Attached Files:

15. MacLappy macrumors 6502

How did you cut your finger so badly holding the phone?

16. Elise100 macrumors newbie

I use my little finger to rest under the phone to hold it up, and I am guessing that the weight of the phone makes it dig in. Never had this problem with any other phone!
    I an guessing that apple wants people to use both hands to hold the phone rather than one so that their full attention is on the phone and so make it uncomfortable to use with one hand.

17. MacLappy, Feb 11, 2019 at 12:09 AM
    Last edited: Feb 11, 2019 at 12:26 AM

MacLappy macrumors 6502

I see what you are saying. Feels like a lot of pressure on that little finger with such a huge phone resting on it. I am using it one handed most of the time but I just grip the phone.

3 fingers on one side, thumb on the other and 1 finger supporting the back of the phone. Seems pretty comfortable to hold it this way.

I hope your finger heals up well.

18. Cladster macrumors member

Do you use a case? Some cases will do that.

19. myfoneisdank macrumors regular

only issue I have is GPS performance. Going over bridges especially, it will place me in the water or on a service road etc. Super annoying, my 6s+ never did this. Anyone else have this problem?

20. kupkakez macrumors 68000

kupkakez

Try a Popsocket to help hold it. Then you dont have to rest it on your pinky.

21. nordique macrumors 65816

Nope. No issues. Reception is great, FaceID, touch screen input, haptic feedback is great (though I prefer 3D touch)

It's just a chunky phone, with the best battery life ever haha.

I use mine case-less and really enjoy it. The battery life is incredible. Never worry about charging it.