Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

hcuar

macrumors 65816
Jul 23, 2004
Dallas
njmac said:
Awww, she's beautiful!! Congratulations. So how tired are you? :p :D

Thanks... My wife and I have lucked out. She actually sleeps most of the night only waking twice to be fed. She occasionally needs a little more attention and time to go to sleep. :cool:

njmac

macrumors 68000
Jan 6, 2004
hcuar said:
Thanks... My wife and I have lucked out. She actually sleeps most of the night only waking twice to be fed. She occasionally needs a little more attention and time to go to sleep. :cool:

Many babies wake up every 2 hours during the night to be fed! You guys are lucky! My 2nd child started sleeping through the night at 6 weeks old. We really lucked out with that.

Enjoy this baby stage because it is the shortest stage your child will ever go through.

yoak

macrumors 68000
Oct 4, 2004
Oslo, Norway
Hi
Here´s a pic of my 8 weeks old daugther. Her name is Thea.
She´s not too bad at night, wakes up 3 times. Eats and back to sleep.
I have to say the first time she smiled to me has to be one of the best moments of my life:)

Attachments

• Thea.jpg
    Thea.jpg
    76.2 KB · Views: 73

freeny

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Sep 27, 2005
yoak said:
Hi
Here´s a pic of my 8 weeks old daugther. Her name is Thea.
She´s not too bad at night, wakes up 3 times. Eats and back to sleep.
I have to say the first time she smiled to me has to be one of the best moments of my life:)
Just wait until she tells you she loves you! I'm still weak in the knees and its been almost a year.

btw she beautiful!

ATD

macrumors 6502a
Sep 25, 2005
freeny said:
Okay, so lets see some wife pictures, start a thread...:rolleyes:

My wife did not like me posting pictures of our son (had to take down my post)... but she didn't say anything about me posting her picture. :D :D

freeny

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Sep 27, 2005
ATD said:
My wife did not like me posting pictures of our son (had to take down my post)... but she didn't say anything about me posting her picture. :D :D
My wife too is weary of me posting pictures, especially of her. I just cant help showing the world my beautiful little boy. What is she afraid of? thousands of people see her every day on the street. whats a couple hundred computer geeks gonna do?

ATD

macrumors 6502a
Sep 25, 2005
Well, I can get away with showing his birth announcement. :p It was a trifold design with a card inside.

Attachments

• Birth Announcement.jpg
    Birth Announcement.jpg
    99.3 KB · Views: 89

freeny

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Sep 27, 2005
ATD said:
Well, I can get away with showing his birth announcement. :p It was a trifold design with a card inside.
Okay, now take that image you posted and make 245 copies. lay them all over your house and enjoy! parenthood:D

ATD

macrumors 6502a
Sep 25, 2005
freeny said:
Okay, now take that image you posted and make 245 copies. lay them all over your house and enjoy! parenthood:D

LOL It's not something I have to wish for, my son is always redecorating the house. :rolleyes:

freeny

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Sep 27, 2005
We are going to do a toy rotation this year. We will secretly do away with a bunch of toys he doesnt play with any more to make room for the new batch he will get for xmas and his birthday that comes a week before. We have tried to do this before but as soon as we gather the old unused toys he sees them and immediately makes them his new favorites again. our apartment is only 700 square feet here in NYC and we must comprimise. HELP:confused:

emw

macrumors G4
Aug 2, 2004
We're making toy rotation a requirement this year. We will be gathering up an assortment of unused/older toys (my kids are 5 and 2) and donating them to make room for any fresh gifts from "Santa".

We won't be hiding it from them, but will be involving them to some degree. We're wanting to donate them to a shelter or some other organization to give them to those children that are less fortunate than ours. Our daughter will understand that, but our son (2) will have some issues, I'm afraid. I guess we'll see...

ATD

macrumors 6502a
Sep 25, 2005
We donate my sons (he's 7) toys from time to time, with his help. He does understand but that still doesn't make it an easy job. As much as I want to haul out some of the vast toy explosion (kids will turn a post modern home into neo-nickelodeon in a hurry), I don't want to donate the ONE toy that he will never forgive me for. :eek:

emw

macrumors G4
Aug 2, 2004
Yeah, it won't be easy. Though at 5 and 2, there aren't that many "toys they'll never forgive me for" at least. We know that they don't play with a lot of them, so many should go.

It just seems that these days, with birthday parties, etc., they get too much. I try and tone down what we get them, but my wife has some odd sense that they'll actually remember what we get them. Sure, I don't want to be cheap, but still, I'd rather put the money into their college accounts at this age and let the grandparents get them toys.

ATD

macrumors 6502a
Sep 25, 2005
Yes, now days they get way too much. On top of that my son is the only young child of all his grandparents, aunts and uncles. As much as everyone loves him I have to ask them please stop flooding him with so many toys.

freeny

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Sep 27, 2005
My sons birthday runs about 2 weeks before x-mas. any other parents with this issue? How have you gone about celebrating two distinct events as big as these so close together?

mpw

Jun 18, 2004
freeny said:
My sons birthday runs about 2 weeks before x-mas. any other parents with this issue? How have you gone about celebrating two distinct events as big as these so close together?

My birthday's a couple of weeks before Christmas too. As a young child I knew no different, as an older child I kind of felt I was missing out a bit, but as an adult I don't celebrate either so I couldn't care less.

I've got two little girls however and as the rest of the family want to celebrate I kinda have to go along with it but I keep the presents really small and try to keep Christmas about having fun with friends rather than anything religious. Birthdays are one day with a party for their friends, 'luckily' they're birthdays are only two days (and two years) apart so birthdays are just a big party for the kids rather than a birthday just for one then another birthday just for the other.

I do try and make them both feel special all year because they are special rather than because they're special on that one day.

emw

macrumors G4
Aug 2, 2004
freeny said:
My wife's birthday is Dec 18th, and my daughter's is Jan 1st, so each 1 week from Christmas, which means a challenge for me. Since my wife grew up with the issue, she's been very careful to separate the events.

We generally celebrate my wife's birthday as just us and the kids, so it's easier. With my daughter we tend to have a larger family/friends party. Since pretty much everyone has the day off (and it's my brother-in-law's birthday on the 1st as well) it's not too difficult.

The challenge for us is to try not to focus too much on gifts... :eek:

freeny

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Sep 27, 2005
This was my first year that my son was old enough to enjoy christmas. I must say it was like being a kid for me all over again. Like magic!:)

freeny

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Sep 27, 2005
Well today was the first day that my wife and I left my son alone with the nanny and it was pretty traumatic for all of us. My wife started her new job and had to fly to Ohio for a meeting (yes I know! on her first day no less!) so she was already gone when we awoke. My son wouldnt let me go out the door and cried lots. He kept telling me he didnt want Evelynne (the nanny) any more and only wanted daddy. Got to work a half hour late. Called him as soon as I got at my desk and found he had settled down a bit but was still very sad:( .

Fortunately my boss has a child around the same age so he is sympathetic and has agreed to let me go a bit early so I am home to greet him after school. My son has been anxious to see Corpse Bride (yes I know its a bit strange for a three year old to want to see a movie about dead people but he is unique) so I will pick it up on my home as it is being released on dvd today.

Just wanted to vent my seperation anxiety. Thanks:eek:

Edited for spelling

emw

macrumors G4
Aug 2, 2004
Ah yes, sometimes the separation is more difficult on the parents than on the children. Occasionally our kids (2 and 5) will get clingy when we drop them off at day care, but they get over it quickly.

My daughter will start kindergarten in the fall, so that will be interesting. Most of her day care friends will no longer be there. Should be interesting to see how she reacts.

Stampyhead

macrumors 68020
Sep 3, 2004
London, UK
Ha ha, cute. At least you admit that the separation anxiety is on your part!
My little niece has also been dying to see Corpse Bride (no pun intended). She's been counting down the days to the DVD release, so I had to go to Walmart at 12:30 this morning to get it as soon as it came out (her explicit instructions).

Suspended
Jan 18, 2005
Not yet, but I'd love kids 5 or so years into marriage. Be brilliant :) though my girlfriend is brunette and blond being the weaker allele they wouldn't have my hair :(

I'm saving my old computers/consoles/etc for the future so I can show my kids. my grandma has a load of my dads old toys (including some very racist characters!) so I thought I'd store all mine like!

emw

macrumors G4
Aug 2, 2004
raggedjimmi said:
though my girlfriend is brunette and blond being the weaker allele they wouldn't have my hair :(
Not necessarily, right? If your spouse has a recessive blond gene, then there's a 2 in 4 chance of having a blonde child:

Code:
      B      b

b    Bb     bb

b    Bb     bb

If she doesn't carry the recessive gene, then there is no chance:

Code:
      B      B

b    Bb     Bb

b    Bb     Bb

That is, if I remember my high school biology correctly.

njmac

macrumors 68000
Jan 6, 2004
I fully expected my children to have brown eyes just like their father, but they both have blue eyes and light brown hair.

My guess is the next child will have brown eyes.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.