Any reviews for the GODOSMITH Ice Max 3D?

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by paulwooan, Oct 2, 2015.

1. paulwooan macrumors member

paulwooan

2. willmtaylor macrumors G3

willmtaylor

I haven't seen much about them, but I've ordered two: one for my wife's iPhone 6 and one for my forthcoming 6(S). I'll be sure and post when I get everything settled.

3. johnnyapples33d macrumors member

4. jkli001 macrumors newbie

5. davpel24 macrumors member

davpel24

It appears to be the same as Cinder. That may be good for some (due to the lower price), but that also means the same fit problems. Had to return my Cinder and my Ice Max for poor fit on the 6S +.

6. trevorplease macrumors regular

7. davpel24 macrumors member

davpel24

Not matter what I did, there was always at least one spot which would not stick. I'm very experienced with installing these things so I know it wasn't me. Same issue with Cinder/iMos -- with this style protector, even the slightlest variation in the glass or the phone screen will screw things up.

8. rwings01, Oct 14, 2015
    Last edited: Oct 14, 2015

rwings01 macrumors regular

I had the imos 3D 2015 V2 installed today at Best Buy from a guy that has done all my installs flawlessly, but the screen looks off like it is distorted and doesn't align properly. Previously had the Zagg glass but didn't like the looks of that. I have removed the Imos and awaiting my Ice Max 3D. If that doesn't work I will just go naked

Anyone else experience this? The only thing the Zagg never distorted but looked horrible.

9. shas95 macrumors newbie

Mine came and I installed it on my 6s. I am very impressed with it. Managed to install it easily but I do have a tiny lint fiber on the top right corner but only visible when you inspect it up close. Not the protectors fault but my fault. Would post pictures but I don't have another camera.

10. rwings01 macrumors regular

I posted a mini review and some pictures in the Imos 3D thread for anyone interested.

11. willmtaylor, Oct 15, 2015
    Last edited: Oct 16, 2015

willmtaylor macrumors G3

willmtaylor

I ordered 2 Godosmith Ice Max 3D screen protectors from AliExpress on September 27th. They both arrived in Northwestern Arkansas today (October 15th).

I'll follow up with install details and how it looks installed.

image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    image.jpeg

12. Illmaculate macrumors member

Geed to see your install! Can I ask if you got two in case you messed up the first one? Haha

13. willmtaylor macrumors G3

willmtaylor

Nope. 1 for my iPhone 6 I'm giving to the wife and a second for the 6(S) I'll pick up soon.

14. willmtaylor, Oct 16, 2015
    Last edited: Nov 13, 2015

willmtaylor macrumors G3

willmtaylor

Ok, so I've got he Godosmith Ice Max 3D installed on my iPhone 6 (NOT 6(S)). and I have to say that I thought I did a great job in regards to alignment and dust. I am, however, less than satisfied with the result:
    image.jpeg
    image.jpeg

I understand that small bubbles will disappate, but these looks like an adhesive issue to me. *SIGH*

Here's the video:

[UPDATED: 1 hour after install and doing my best to rub/massage the protector to encourage adhesion, there is ZERO difference.]

UPDATE #2:

15. davpel24 macrumors member

davpel24

Exactly what happened with my Ice Max and the Cinder I tried. I've given up and one naked.

16. willmtaylor macrumors G3

willmtaylor

Did you contact Godosmith and Cupert? Did you get refunds or exchanges?

17. davpel24 macrumors member

davpel24

Both were purchased through Amazon, so the returns/refund were easy. That being said, before requesting a refund from Cinder, I did contact them to see if they would make things right on their own. They were a nightmare to deal with and I gave up.

18. willmtaylor macrumors G3

willmtaylor

I haven't dealt with Cupert, but I'm hoping this process with Godosmith will be resolved positively.

19. b1scu1t macrumors regular

I am genuinely asking and not being snarky here, but why does 1 need these kind of protectors or screens?

20. moomoopanda macrumors member

I have the Ice Max 3D on my 6S. I found that with some coercion, I was able to get the glass to sit perfectly without any adhesive bubbles underneath the glass. I found that with some cases, the lip of a case would push on the glass and cause bubbles to form. I found that the Apple Leather Case was perfect for the Ice Max because the lip of the phone went over the glass and made a nice transition. I currently use a Shumuri Slim Extra and have had no complaints, I enjoy the slimness of the Shumuri and it doesn't interfere with the glass at all.

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG][​IMG]

21. willmtaylor macrumors G3

willmtaylor

Thanks for sharing. I wish that were the case with me. : (

22. db0227 macrumors regular

db0227

I really love that look. How is the Shumuri holding up? Can you comment on the material and grip compared to the Caudabe Veil XT? How long did it take to get delivered?

I'm debating this or the Power Support Air Jacket, although I think the Air Jacket would push on the glass...

23. XRichard23 macrumors regular

I'll chime in on godosmith (ice max)'s cust service. I loved mine and it went on perfectly, but I was switching cases and putting on a bumper, and like an idiot I didn't realize the bumper lip had gotten under the protector, I forced it up and broke it. Contacted godosmith and explained what happened. They immediately offered to send me another. It's on it's way now. Couldn't be happier with them.

24. willmtaylor macrumors G3

willmtaylor

That makes me feel a bit better. Really hoping they'll come through for me as well.

25. m3gatran macrumors member

Does anyone now if the protector stays on with spigen ultra hybrid case?