Any reviews for the GODOSMITH Ice Max 3D?

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by paulwooan, Oct 2, 2015.

1. jkli001 macrumors newbie

edge to edge screen protectors will not fit the ultra hybrid, although Spigen said that their own version would.

2. sumiregusa macrumors regular

sumiregusa

Well I successfully completed my installation of the Ice Max 3D on my 6S Plus. It went off without a hitch! There was some bubbling initially but that was easily pushed out with a microfiber cloth and some light pressure. The feel of the coating is very similar to the underlying iPhone screen. It doesn't add hardly any thickness or interference with 3D Touch. Also the home button isn't recessed at all.

After having tried the Daswise, B-Noble, and Spigen GlasTR Slim (or however you say that), this is by far the best tempered glass screen protector I've used. Definitely worth the $40.

I took some photos of it with my Tech21 Evo Mesh Sport so you can see it working perfectly with a case. Let me know if you would like any other photos or angles:

Attached Files:

3. ac921ol macrumors 6502

Just installed one on my 6s and the first time I had a few edge bubbles that were cause I placed it wrong. I took it off and repositioned it and boom, it's perfect going case free until i get the apple leather one or the ones I ordered that are copies of the Vx it seems like

4. awmstone macrumors member

awmstone

What kinds of coercion would you recommend? I have the IceMax 3D on my 6s right now, but have one bubble that I cannot remove for anything!!! The biggest one on the top corner of course....

Attached Files:

5. danny8200 macrumors 65816

danny8200

Finally got my ice max today and installed immediately. From someone that cannot install SP's for the life of him, installation was so easy even a 5 year old can do it. I was afraid I was gonna botch the install but it installed itself. So far, impressed. [​IMG]

6. sumiregusa macrumors regular

sumiregusa

Not who you quoted but I would suggest you do a lot of pressing and holding on that one spot. Alternate between that and rubbing with the microfiber cloth. Worked perfectly for me!

7. danny8200 macrumors 65816

danny8200

Paired this up with my black apple leather case. Looks sweet.

8. Shikaka macrumors regular

Are there any photos of the white Ice Max 3D on a Space Grey 6S/6S+?

I ordered the white protector before I got my gold phone, but came across a deal on a Space Grey 6S+ that I couldn't pass up.

9. danny8200 macrumors 65816

danny8200

10. shas95 macrumors newbie

11. ac921ol macrumors 6502

What case is that?
    I had bubbles like that and had to reposition the sp, and they went away when I did that. This was all done in 5-10 of putting it on and trying to get bubbles out of it that wouldn't budge

12. ac921ol macrumors 6502

13. docprego macrumors 65816

Having tried both the Intelliglass Pro and Daswise on my 6S Plus both had significant issues with bubbles all the way down the left and right edges. In fact it seemed to me both were the identical product just in different packaging.

What's different about this one that hopefully solves this problem?

Thank you.

14. 6thDAY macrumors 6502a

Ice Max 3D on my 6s+

I'm thankful I dont have any bubbles like some people are reporting with theirs. The only issue I have is the alignment of the camera and sensor holes. The home button alignment is perfect but yet the top is off, proving that .1mm does make a difference. IMG_0066.JPG IMG_0067.JPG

15. jkli001 macrumors newbie

hmmm... seems like the manufacturing process of the ice max 3d isn't that consistent..

16. willmtaylor macrumors G3

willmtaylor

Nice job. Looks great.

17. docprego macrumors 65816

I'm wondering if it isn't the manufacturing process of the iPhone thats not consistent? Maybe some iPhones have more pronounced screen curved edges than others?

18. willmtaylor macrumors G3

willmtaylor

I wish it had for me. Alas, even after reapplying, still came out poorly. Waiting to hear back from customer service.

19. db0227 macrumors regular

db0227

Interesting. That doesn't actually affect anything does it?

20. jkli001 macrumors newbie

i guess you're probably right; have had some personal experience on edge to edge TG screen protectors on my 6s.
    Was at a shop wanting to purchase an edge to edge screen protector, sales person tried to apply not one but two tempered glass on my phone and said that it wasn't good fit.

and both were of different brands... sigh. hope the ice max 3D would work... i've ordered 2 and awaiting delivery.

21. ac921ol macrumors 6502

I also got the Daiwise, with the worry that the ice max would not work, and to be honest, the edges alone warrant the extra cost of the ice max. The round edges compared to the cliff of the dawise, doesn't seem sturdy and I understand why some crack easily and collect dust.

22. sumiregusa macrumors regular

sumiregusa

Aw that blows. :(

I can't really figure out why there are such polarized experiences other than what some have said in here. It's probably manufacturing issues from Godosmith and possibly Apple as well.

The 6S is definitely shown to have different results than the 6S Plus so far.

23. danny8200 macrumors 65816

danny8200

The bottom left corner of my ice max doesn't want to adhere. Resulting in this tiny air bubble that won't go away. When I put a case on it, the bubble goes away.

24. trevorplease macrumors regular

instead of lining up for the cut outs, have you tried lining up for the curve of the iphone?

25. Boardiesboi macrumors 65816

Boardiesboi

So can one of this be reapplied a few times (like standard plastic films)? I'm scared I'll botch my first application and need to realign... Still waiting on my delivery.