Any reviews for the GODOSMITH Ice Max 3D?

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by paulwooan, Oct 2, 2015.

1. trevorplease macrumors regular

they say you can, they even say you can wash it but i didn't see anyone who has done so yet

2. willmtaylor macrumors G3

willmtaylor

Yes, they can. Just don't touch the side of the glass which comes into contact with the phone's screen.

3. danny8200 macrumors 65816

danny8200

These are the results of my install 24 hours later. Three small bubbles along the left edge. Perfect not possible. I guess I can live with that.

[​IMG]

4. ac921ol macrumors 6502

Just want to say, after having the ice max for a day, it's just so nice not to worry about dropping it or scratching it. I hope the people that have had issues, keep trying to make it work cause when it does it's great.

5. danny8200 macrumors 65816

danny8200

6. 6thDAY macrumors 6502a

WARNING: Do not attempt to put the Rhinoshield Crash Guard bumper with the Ice Max 3D. They are not compatible. I tried this earlier and although amazingly, the bumper did not lift the edges of the glass protector which would have caused bubbles, it was an extremely tight fit and the lip of the bumper did not go over the glass in some places.

I was able to lift the edge of the bumper over the glass for the top and bottom, but along the sides, it just would not go over the glass.

It took a LOT of muscle power to get this off, and luckily I didnt cause any lift on the glass protector, but DO NOT attempt to try this. The people at Cupert said it was compatible with the CINDER, but if the Ice Max is .1mm thinner and didn't fit properly with the Rhinoshield, I highly doubt it fits for the CINDER.

My idea of compatibility is that it fits properly without any issues, and there were definitely issues as you can see from the pictures.

IMG_0068.JPG IMG_0069.JPG IMG_0070.JPG

7. hitteam macrumors member

hitteam

8. willmtaylor macrumors G3

willmtaylor

Well, that answers that. Thanks.

9. willmtaylor, Oct 19, 2015
    Last edited: Oct 19, 2015

willmtaylor macrumors G3

willmtaylor

After having my initial install result in a huge bubble down one side (pics previously posted), I removed the Ice Max 3D and tried again. Here's the result:
    image.jpeg

I contacted Godosmith, and they said they would send me a new protector. We'll see what happens.

10. sumiregusa macrumors regular

sumiregusa

I would really like to see if something like this actually works for the price, but I'm not willing to risk it since I got a perfect install for my Ice Max 3D.

I think I'll look at it as a worthy investment and leave it at that.

11. ac921ol macrumors 6502

^ with this guy. I spent a small fortune on my phone, so spending an extra $30 for a very good screen protector sounds good to me.

12. 6thDAY macrumors 6502a

The question now is there any bumper that will be compatible with glass protectors like this.

I like to show the beauty of my phone, but hate clear cases because they yellow over time.

I'm not sure if any bumpers can achieve this since they tend to have aggressive lips.

13. ac921ol macrumors 6502

Well, I got the doxa case fits my friends regular iPhone perfectly. I was worried about putting on mine, I'll try again when I get home, but the leather case is more my style.

14. awmstone macrumors member

awmstone

@willmtaylor Don't give up! To all those who told me to "coerce" the bubbles out, or who mentioned that they lifted their IceMax 3D and tried again - THANK YOU.

I was super unhappy with how mine looked and couldn't get rid of bubbles - seemingly no matter what. Since I hated how it looked, I figured, "What do I have to lose from lifting it and attempting to reapply?"

Well - it's awesome.

Here are some pictures from what happened:

First try - AWFUL
    first try.jpg
    When I reapplied the IceMax 3D, I had these bubbles down the side, but they were MUCH smaller!
    lifted reapplied.jpg
    I thought I would try putting it in my case - and doing so carefully - it seemed to HELP to reduce the bubbles!!!
    with case 1.jpg
    The bubbles actually continue to work themselves out/disappear, and I am relatively happy with the result.
    with case 2.jpg

My concern - I don't understand why it's so hard/finicky!!! But a good application on an iPhone 6s CAN be done.

15. danny8200 macrumors 65816

danny8200

I almost achieved a perfect install. Just two small bubble lines down the bottom left corner that are visible upon closer inspection. I posted a pic about one page ago in this thread. I guess I can live with it. It's been 48 hours. Will the micro bubble still work themselves out or are they there to stay since it's been a little more then 2 days.

16. xiacexi, Oct 19, 2015
    Last edited: Oct 19, 2015

xiacexi macrumors member

When I had a Cinder it didn't fit with that either. In fact, between my Cinder and Ice Max I tried to fit the RhinoShield on my 6s and it was extremely tight and hard to get off with no screen protector. I was worried about bending the phone. I wonder if it's the size difference between the 6 and 6s causing that. I never tried the RhinoShield on a regular 6 so I wouldn't know. I ended up just tossing it.

17. 6thDAY macrumors 6502a

I didn't realize how tight the Rhinoshield hugs, which is why I'm surprised it didn't lift the Ice Max up.

As you mentioned, it was extremely hard to get the phone off the case. I had to push one of the corners really hard and I didn't even think it was going to come out. Luckily I didn't bend the phone :p

18. Mikedave macrumors newbie

Hello everyone,
    I just recieved my ice max 3D gorilla tempared glass today. I just got it installed on my 6s space gray iPhone, followed all the instructions in a manual. Well, this is the best glass I have ever purchased it's worth every dollar. It has perfect curved edges just like original glass. I have tested allot of other products, this one is best I have ever come across.

Previous experience:
    I could never get perfect fit on my iPhone before. Any other product could never cover left or right edges without a lift and bubbles on a side. I did get it to fit my speck candy shell case. The case has some rubber edges so what I ended up doing is filling them down to get a perfect fit to avoid lift of the glass.

19. james341 macrumors regular

Is the ice max 3D gorilla tempared glass will work with Apple silicon and leather cases?

Thanks

20. Suleman.Chothia macrumors newbie

Recieved my Ice Max 3D yesterday and installation went like a breeze. The screen protector is really nice and compliments it well with the phone. Will be ordering one for the wife's 6s too.

21. roeiz macrumors 65816

roeiz

hey man,
    if it's possible to do a little video when you put on your wife's,
    it will be extremely helpful to see how this is done in a breeze, without bubbles, etc..
    people here seem to struggle a bit and get sub par results.

only if possible of course ;)

22. ac921ol macrumors 6502

Yes 2 both

23. sumiregusa macrumors regular

sumiregusa

As an FYI, received a random email from GODOSMITH hoping I'm happy with my product. This was purely out of courtesy and to show good customer service.

I really couldn't be happier with this company, the way they do business, and the products they make.

24. danny8200 macrumors 65816

danny8200

Oh yes, I received the same email too prompting me to contact them if I had any problems.

So far so good. Just for two tiny line shaped bubbles near the bottom left corner that's only visible when the screen is off.

Absolute perfection not possible sometimes. Overall, good results coming from someone that has no steady hands or patience for SP installation.

25. tkukoc macrumors 65816

tkukoc

Purchased this as well, absolutely love it. You really can't tell its even on the phone. I've purchased so many screen protectors in the past and this is by far the best one! There's a few small bubbles on the edges but seriously, for as smooth as the screen is.. I could careless about those.