Any rMBP owners here with a flawless LG screen?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by ducatiti, Aug 16, 2012.

1. ducatiti macrumors 6502a

Now that I am just waiting for my order to be shipped, it looks like everyone is just crossing their fingers hoping that they would receive a Samsung screen.

Any owners out there that are happy with their LG screens?

2. Spink10 macrumors 601

Spink10

3. sevimli macrumors 6502a

4. insimbi macrumors 6502

insimbi

Good here - I had a Samsung before and it had white pressure marks on it. This LG looks perfect.

5. Hidendra macrumors member

My LG is fine. Yes you can see retention in very small cases but the first time I saw it was in that very specific test using dark gray bg + checkerboard (which I couldn't replicate using any other background + checkerboard -- completely fine) so to me it does not matter if it does not affect real world usage.

6. terraphantm macrumors 68040

Near perfect here. Minor IR with the checkerboard pattern... but it disappears within seconds of refreshing the screen. Everything else is simply amazing. I was particularly thrilled when I realized this monitor comes with an A-TW polarizer.

7. ducatiti thread starter macrumors 6502a

Thank you for your inputs guys. To those who are seeing image retention via the checkerboard tests, did the samsung screen owners also experience this?

8. Textureboy macrumors 6502

Textureboy

I was happy with my screen checked for flaws before I checked which brand is which. I ended up getting Samsung and I'm very happy with it. Never owned LG so I cannot say that Samsung is any better.

When you do the checkerboard test just make sure you can differentiate the difference between IR with your eyes and actual IR.

Whichever one you get , hope you enjoy your purchase with no flaws!! :) Love mine.

9. ixodes macrumors 601

ixodes

The LG equipped models we got at work were all affected & subsequently returned. Yet that's no indication they're all defective.

Based on nothing more than all the first hand experience I've had with Samsung, it seems their quality is better & their quality control checks are more comprehensive.

Quality control was once one of Apple great strengths.

I wish that was still the case.

10. Aldaris, Aug 16, 2012
    Last edited: Nov 18, 2012

Aldaris macrumors 65816

Aldaris

Samsung switched for LG and no issues here ;)

Update 11/18/12
    I experienced Image Retention (IR) after 3 months and had to take it into the Genius Bar. After failing the Apple Genius test twice it was replaced with a Samsung display (not that I had any say in the matter). As a note I would leave a few windows open in the background, switching from iTunes to Safari and after literally 5 minutes would experience retention that would last for 15 more minutes or more before dissipating.

11. tillsbury macrumors 65816

12. ducatiti thread starter macrumors 6502a

What was wrong with your Samsung.

13. recharge23 macrumors regular

14. Macral macrumors member

15. theuserjohnny macrumors 6502

I went through 4 LG screens and all of them had the issue. I just got a new one today AND THANK GOD IT WAS SAMSUNG! No issues whatsoever!

16. gnagy macrumors regular

17. defektion macrumors regular

18. alphaod macrumors Core

alphaod

I don't have problems with my LG panel and I don't run silly tests (ie: checkerboard tests) just so I can be unhappy about my computer.

19. chardz88 macrumors newbie

20. frankdogg macrumors regular

frankdogg

21. duffer6 macrumors 6502

22. dialed1 macrumors 6502

dialed1

23. tibi08 macrumors 6502a

tibi08

Mine is fine, but it's so subjective.... some of the whingers on this forum would probably be able to find some ridiculous criticism of my screen if they tried hard enough.

24. CJSPMAC macrumors newbie

Mine here is flawless and look great, only my keyboard is slowly dying but we cant blame LG for that i guess.... :D