Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

AgentElliot007

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Mar 22, 2010
Subject about covers it. I'm running into errors trying to create a partition, as are many others. Has anyone had any success getting a clean Boot Camp install up and running in High Sierra?

I had Boot Camp running fine beforehand, but ran into install issues, and on a hunch based on logs, backed up the Boot Camp image and deleted the partition and reset the internal SSD to use the entire drive. High Sierra install then went smoothly, but now I can't create a Boot Camp partition in High Sierra. Hopefully there's a fix for this.

Cheap_n_Easy

macrumors newbie
Sep 26, 2017
Raleigh, NC
I have the same problem. Installed HS yesterday and cannot create a partition with bootcamp. right after confirming the tasks on the second BC screen I get a huge error message. Key problems seems to be:

Exception Type: EXC_BAD_ACCESS (SIGSEGV)
Exception Codes: KERN_INVALID_ADDRESS at 0x0000000000000000
Exception Note: EXC_CORPSE_NOTIFY

Termination Signal: Segmentation fault: 11
Termination Reason: Namespace SIGNAL, Code 0xb
Terminating Process: exc handler [0]

VM Regions Near 0:

Wish I wouldn't have upgraded my MBP and will not upgrade my iMac for a while now since it has a fusion drive.

sequential

macrumors member
Jul 12, 2015
I just installed bootcamp after a clean install of High Sierra. Seems to be working fine so far.

Cheap_n_Easy

macrumors newbie
Sep 26, 2017
Raleigh, NC
I fixed my issue. Not complicated but trying and trying the policy of small steps and continuing to scour the internet for info I found the following process to let me partition and install WIN 10 successfully on my High Sierra 2014 MBP

- You need a windows computer to install and use the Windows download tool from here: https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/windows-usb-dvd-download-tool which will allow you to download a installable copy of Windows 10 (both Home and Pro are supported!). Trying to get an ISO file from the WIN site did not work for me as the downloads always failed and with the WIN tool you have a full copy of WIN on the stick that you can keep to install WIN 10

- Using the WIN download tool from a WIN computer, install a WIN copy on an USB stick (min. 4GB and clean). Don't download the WIN 10 Creator Version, use the WIN 10 anniv. version

- Now transfer the stick to your mac, start bootcamp assistant and with the WIN stick in your mac download the WIN support software from the toolbar ACTION menu item to the stick. It only worked for me using the ACTION toolbar item, NOT the menu item in the main BC screen!!

- Once the support software is on the stick unzip it if it is in a zip folder and copy all items from the unzipped folder into the USB root directory (other wise bootcamp will not recognize the software and won't let you continue the install process!)

- Delete the zip and old now empty WIN support software folder

- Now use bootcamp to partition and install WIN on your mac. ONLY check the third and last check mark in the second BC screen to install WIN. UNCHECK the first "create ISO file" and second "download WIN support software" items.

- After this continuing to the third screen I was able to partition my drive and successfully install WIN 10. Have your product key ready to enter.

Last edited:
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.