Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

bwsteg

macrumors 6502
Sep 25, 2012
Queens NY
Would some pics be possible? Really leaning towards this one but want to see a few more images if possible. Thanks

Will provide pics soon...

----------

My black just arrived. Does yours have a sticker covering the inside of the back? Did you remove it or leave it on? Just wondered, since they would not be putting a sticker on the clear. Thanks!

Yes there is a sticker and I left it on. The older version also had the sticker and I used it up until the new version came in and not 1 scratch was made to the back of the phone..

MacBreezy

macrumors regular
Sep 26, 2011
Charlotte, NC
I just got a shipping notification yesterday that my black case shipped. Should get it by Friday. I'll post pics when I get it put on. Btw I have the black iPhone 5.

k3roro

macrumors 6502
Aug 28, 2010
I just got a shipping notification yesterday that my black case shipped. Should get it by Friday. I'll post pics when I get it put on. Btw I have the black iPhone 5.

Same, but the tracking number link does not work =\

ematsui

macrumors regular
Aug 12, 2009
Just got my black one yesterday plus a free LCD cleaner kit, which is quite nice as a free gift for waiting for them to get their replacements.

Its really smooth black, meaning its not matte and is a bit slippery. The fit is nice and the plastic seems soft enough that the ridges will not scratch the sides of the phone when you take it on and off. The camera piece came out but i snapped it back in and it seems to have stayed put.

I like the case alot and glad i waited for it

ZipZap

macrumors 603
Dec 14, 2007
I received mine couple days ago! Yay! Lovin it. So minimalistic, slim, and adds some grip, though not much. Don't think it'll offer protection against drops but I only need protection from scratches so perfect for muah ;)

Bought it from amazon and got free shipping :D
link: http://www.amazon.com/SPIGEN-SGP-Protection-Steinheil-International/dp/B009B0CXL4/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1348765990&sr=8-1&keywords=spigen+iphone+5+ultra+thin

NO protection for the top or bottom of the band. That should be there.

kyellowness

macrumors regular
Aug 6, 2012
NO protection for the top or bottom of the band. That should be there.

Yeah.. wish it did as well. But I noticed that the super thin cases never have protection for top and bottom of the band. I think it's cuz the cases are made so thin that it's likely to snap or break off if there are a bunch of holes. I guess that's the trade off tho. Ultra slim for portability and looks in trade of protection from bulky cases.

sangreal06

macrumors member
Sep 18, 2012
Went on vacation last week and sure enough my girlfriend managed to nick the unprotected bottom of the phone in this case while holding onto it for all of 5 minutes

Otherwise it performed pretty admirably

Macguy76

macrumors regular
Feb 9, 2011
Texas
Just got my replacement...Good

Finally received replacement Ultra Thin case for my iPhone 5. Spigen/SGP was kind enough to send me a free cleaning kit, which was nice. I have to say that the new case fits better than the first case I received.

I had been using an Incipio Feather case since I had received the recall notice from Spigen/SGP about their case, but no more! This will be my main case for a while! :D

aphexacid

macrumors 6502a
Jul 31, 2007
Chicago
Finally received replacement Ultra Thin case for my iPhone 5. Spigen/SGP was kind enough to send me a free cleaning kit, which was nice. I have to say that the new case fits better than the first case I received.

I had been using an Incipio Feather case since I had received the recall notice from Spigen/SGP about their case, but no more! This will be my main case for a while! :D

What kind of finish/coating does the case have compared to the incipio feather? The feather has a soft-ish coating on it, almost like a really soft rubber.

What is the spigen like?

Macguy76

macrumors regular
Feb 9, 2011
Texas
What kind of finish/coating does the case have compared to the incipio feather? The feather has a soft-ish coating on it, almost like a really soft rubber.

What is the spigen like?

It's kinda smooth, but not glossy. It doesn't have the same soft touch feel as the incipio case.

Catonow

macrumors regular
Jun 7, 2007
USA
It's kinda smooth, but not glossy. It doesn't have the same soft touch feel as the incipio case.

So why do you prefer the Spigen case, if you don't mind my asking?

Btw, I too would love to see what the soft clear Spigen looks like on a black iPhone. And I wonder if the "soft clear" has a more matte/less slippery surface than the "crystal clear."

As a side note, it's remarkable just how uninformative the Spigen website is when it comes to these kinds of details about their products.

ZipZap

macrumors 603
Dec 14, 2007
Yeah.. wish it did as well. But I noticed that the super thin cases never have protection for top and bottom of the band. I think it's cuz the cases are made so thin that it's likely to snap or break off if there are a bunch of holes. I guess that's the trade off tho. Ultra slim for portability and looks in trade of protection from bulky cases.

All the thinn cases I have have top protection. Bottom is less available.

Macguy76

macrumors regular
Feb 9, 2011
Texas
So why do you prefer the Spigen case, if you don't mind my asking?

Btw, I too would love to see what the soft clear Spigen looks like on a black iPhone. And I wonder if the "soft clear" has a more matte/less slippery surface than the "crystal clear."

As a side note, it's remarkable just how uninformative the Spigen website is when it comes to these kinds of details about their products.

I like the Spigen more because of it being so thin. The case is the closest thing to the iphone 5 without a case on it.

thrallz

macrumors member
Jun 29, 2010
Question for those who bought this case. Does your case have a little space on top corners like this photo? http://db.tt/nx5iVbEV

It seems the case is not tightly fit. If you push it hard enough, it will slide up and down.

Hanwei

macrumors member
Feb 19, 2011
Cambridge, MA
Question for those who bought this case. Does your case have a little space on top corners like this photo? http://db.tt/nx5iVbEV

It seems the case is not tightly fit. If you push it hard enough, it will slide up and down.

My case (smooth white) has this issue. It's a bit annoying at times... but not a huge deal.

Basically Spigen made the case a tad too long by a 0.5mm so that the iPhone can be pushed up or down inside the case (if the iphone is all the way up inside the case, when you go to push on the power button, the phone may slide down inside the case, etc).

Not sure if it's a big enough issue to contact Spigen about it though.

thrallz

macrumors member
Jun 29, 2010
Well i contacted spigen about it and they said that it's designed that way :/

I'm afraid it might scratch the phone if it's moving up and down too much, not to mention dust might get inside.

For those who have other colors, do you have this issue also?

Hanwei

macrumors member
Feb 19, 2011
Cambridge, MA
Well, dust will get inside regardless... but yeah. I figured that'd be Spigen's response. I guess we'll see if others have the same issue and if it becomes a big enough issue for Spigen to do something about it.

MacBreezy

macrumors regular
Sep 26, 2011
Charlotte, NC
Here are a few pics of the black. I just got it this afternoon and after spending the evening with it I can tell you it's an awesome case. I can barely tell its there. It fits very well. It went on very easy and feels nice to the touch. It will ONLY prevent scratches on the back and sides of the phone. I would recommend this case to the minimalist that wants the naked look but doesn't want the scratches that go with it. This case is really so thin that I forget that I have a case on it. The black case matches very well with the color of the phone. Sorry the pics are not that great. I don't have a camera so I used the wife's iPhone 4s.

Attachments

• IMG_0593.JPG
    IMG_0593.JPG
    1.5 MB · Views: 245
  • IMG_0603.JPG
    IMG_0603.JPG
    2.1 MB · Views: 300
  • IMG_0602.JPG
    IMG_0602.JPG
    2.4 MB · Views: 304
  • IMG_0599.JPG
    IMG_0599.JPG
    2.1 MB · Views: 313
  • IMG_0601.JPG
    IMG_0601.JPG
    2.3 MB · Views: 237

vet

macrumors newbie
Aug 26, 2011
Vancouver
Bought a soft clear after hearing positive feedback here. Mine shipped today, so I should be getting it in about a week. Although, it may take a bit longer since I'm in Canada.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.