Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

mous94410

macrumors 6502a
Aug 12, 2015
I had the sheath case for the 6 Plus, 7 Plus, X and soon the 12.
I’m so exited to receive this case but damn, the delivery delay is long for French customers ?

Reactions: PaladinGuy

Vegaspilot

macrumors 6502
Oct 28, 2010
Well, at first I thought I’d just move on and forget about my sheath not fitting perfectly, but it started to annoy me because the sides are squishy feeling when I hold it. I reached back out and let them know I’d accept the replacement.

Hopefully the next one fits right. I’ve always loved the fit of their cases in the past.

Yup. Same. Also waiting on the revised case to be sent. Their support is outstanding.

keithprater

macrumors member
May 15, 2016
I just ordered the black sheath. I usually go OtterBox commuter but this phone is bulky enough and I read reviews on the symmetry series and they are not fitting quite right
My symmetry case fits perfect. It’s the best one they’ve ever made.

rulymammoth

macrumors 6502
Jun 8, 2015
I wanted to give some thoughts on the black sheath for my 12 Pro. It just arrived today.

I’ll start by saying I have bought a Smartish Kung Fu grip for my 3 past iPhones, solid value at $12-15 from Amazon. Unfortunately the first batch of cases this year had issues with hard to press buttons, ended up returning... So I took a look around here to see what people ended up with. Took a bite on the sheath.

All I can say is that it’s incredible. It’s slightly slimmer than the Kung Fu grip overall. Very easy to take off and on when necessary. I love the pebbled/grip texture throughout the entire case (some the Kung Fu lacked on the back). It just feels so much better. Cannot recommend it enough, count me as a Caudabe fan from now on.

Yeah, the Sheath is amazing. Absolutely love it. The replacement they sent me was fantastic. I'm probably going to get a couple more for family too.

My only problem now is I think I like Lucid Clear just as much. Very solid case and it looks beautiful on my phone. I'll probably end up switching between that and the Sheath. No scratches on my phone at all. I don't have the silver phone though. I love the silver but specifically avoided it because I know what it'll look like in a year with or without a case.

Reactions: PaladinGuy

DianaMR

macrumors 65816
Sep 12, 2016
Yeah, the Sheath is amazing. Absolutely love it. The replacement they sent me was fantastic. I'm probably going to get a couple more for family too.

My only problem now is I think I like Lucid Clear just as much. Very solid case and it looks beautiful on my phone. I'll probably end up switching between that and the Sheath. No scratches on my phone at all. I don't have the silver phone though. I love the silver but specifically avoided it because I know what it'll look like in a year with or without a case.

Do you have any scratches on the Clear case? How many times have you taken off and put back on? Just wondering if they fixed that problem. Is it slippery?

PaladinGuy

macrumors 68000
Sep 22, 2014
Ditto on that. Their support beats Amazon's by a mile. I hate even trying to find a way to contact Amazon support.

I’ve bought cases from them since the iPhone 7. Always been impressed with them, and I love their design philosophy.

coreynyc

macrumors member
Sep 3, 2008
I’ve been using my Caudabe Lucid Clear for a few days. I love the cutouts for the buttons and overall aesthetic.

I’m posting to report one issue. The cutouts of the bottom of the case are exposing sharp plastic. It is worse when dragging your fingers from the front glass down towards the cutout ridges. It pokes and is surprisingly uncomfortable. I’m debating returning it.
That clearly sounds like it’s defectiv. My lucid clear is completely smooth.

heyyitssusan

macrumors 68040
Feb 9, 2014
Just bought a Sheath in Sea Green. Excited, as I think this case is what I’ve been wanting. Thin, and grippy.

heyyitssusan

macrumors 68040
Feb 9, 2014
My sheath should be coming in today. Excited. Can’t wait to see how it looks with the white iPhone.

Jeff5i

macrumors 6502
May 4, 2005
Returned the sheath due to weird feeling buttons and I did not like how it feels on the flat edges. Went with the lifeproof wake for now.

heyyitssusan

macrumors 68040
Feb 9, 2014
45FABA21-F280-4CDE-8E2D-910C45432746.jpeg

Green sheath. First Caudabe case. LOVE how it’s thin but grippy at the same time. I have finally found the perfect case.

purello

macrumors member
Oct 10, 2013
What are the dimensions for this case (mm)? I don’t see dimensions on their website. Is it slimmer than apple’s silicone case?

Lakersfan74

Suspended
Oct 17, 2019
I have the 12 Pro:

2.93" wide x 5.8" tall

74.61 mm Wide X 149.22 mm Tall

Last edited:
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.