Anyone buying two watches on day one?

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by Locoboof, Mar 23, 2015.

1. Locoboof, Mar 23, 2015
    Last edited: Mar 23, 2015

Locoboof macrumors 65816

Locoboof

I'm buying two (one 42mm & 38mm)SS with black leather bands. One for me and the other for my fiancé. Kinda a surprise wedding gift.
    I'm guessing the watch might not be as fun if I can't interact in those intimate ways (sending your heartbeat and cute drawings) with the person I communicate the most with.

2. greytmom macrumors 68040

greytmom

Just one here, but that's a nice gift. Your fiancee will love it.

Congrats, by the way.

3. Locoboof thread starter macrumors 65816

Locoboof

Thanks! :) by the way,did I spell fiancé wrong? Lol

4. MVallee macrumors 6502a

MVallee

I think I'll be getting two 42mm space grey sport models for my partner and I. He says he's still not sure if he wants one but when I get one I know he'll be jealous once he sees it. Might as well plan ahead.

5. brig2221 macrumors 6502

I'm getting one for myself 100%. On the fence as to whether or not I am going to order one for my wife and surprise her. Not sure how well it would be received which is why I'm not sure at this point.

6. Locoboof thread starter macrumors 65816

Locoboof

Lol,nothing wrong with planning ahead at all. You sound like a thoughtful person. Are you pre-ordering online or going into the store to try it on first?

7. Yr Blues macrumors 68020

Yes. One for working out. One for lifestyle.

Nah, I'm not even getting one. ;)

8. Locoboof thread starter macrumors 65816

Locoboof

Lol

----------

That would be disheartening to buy her one and she not like it.

9. priscilla55 macrumors regular

priscilla55

Depends on the gender of your partner - fiancé is a guy and fiancée is a woman. So, you may be right or not, depending on your orientation!

10. greytmom macrumors 68040

greytmom

Oops. I made an assumption, but it depends on gender. If your betrothed is a male, then it is fiance. If the lucky person is a female, fiancee.

11. dan.synergy macrumors member

dan.synergy

One for me and one for my lover. No point having one if I cant use the cool drawings and heartbeat messaging.

12. Locoboof thread starter macrumors 65816

Locoboof

Oh ok! Gotcha! Then it's fiancee:) thanks so much. I never knew. Lol. Not that it matters,but I am male. your assumption was correct. :)

13. jbizzybeetle macrumors regular

was buying 2 at one time to test 38 vs. 42; however, wrist measures oversized for 38mm Milanese so must pre-order 42mm milanese. No reason to test online preorder, I'll just double-check with instore as unlikely 38mm a good fit at all.

14. tgara macrumors 6502a

tgara

Well, it sounds like the gold models would be perfect for your situation! Hint, hint! :D:D

Agreed, I'm getting two as well, one for me and a second for my wife for the same reasons you are. I'm getting us both the aluminum "starter" models just to see how they work out. If they get integrated like the iPad has, I'll get us fancier ones when the Gen 2 models come out.

15. Locoboof thread starter macrumors 65816

Locoboof

Anyone buying two watches on day one?

haha! If I could afford two golds without cleaning out my savings,I'd buy you one too. Lol.

You know what they say "happy wife happy life"

16. tgara macrumors 6502a

tgara

Quite aware of that. Live it, bro. It's worked for me for 25 years.

17. Locoboof thread starter macrumors 65816

Locoboof

25 years! That's phenomenal. With my wedding coming up.... I hope to one day be in your shoes. I wish you a blissful 25 more.

18. mchoffa macrumors 6502a

One for me and one for my wife, but not because I want her to have one, but because she actually wants one. First time she saw a picture of it, she wanted one (and she is FAR from being a gadget person). Of course, she WANTED the rose gold, until we saw that it was solid gold and knew the prices would be insane.

So SS 38mm with brown modern buckle for her, and... I THINK black SS 42mm for me, even though it's the most expensive.

19. StophMac24 macrumors 6502

StophMac24

Same boat for me. She will either like it but not use it as much, or not like it and wonder if it is worth the money....then return it lol

20. Locoboof thread starter macrumors 65816

Locoboof

That's cool that she actually wants one. I must say. The black SS is very nice looking. Great choices. Any other bands? Maybe for when you'd like to be active?

21. blackbear219 macrumors regular

My wife had a FitBit Force that we returned when they had the recall, so ever since then I have owed her a fitness tracker. Not long after that recall happened, the watch was announced so she was all "I'll wait for that one!"

So yep, two here...a 38mm for her and a 42mm for me.

22. Locoboof thread starter macrumors 65816

Locoboof

Sounds like a nice upgrade. :)
    Two sport watches?

23. melman101 macrumors 68030

Yep, two here. One for me, one for the wife.

She's getting 38mm Stainless Steel Modern Buckle Blue (Small I think)
    And I'm getting 42mm Stainless Steel Milanese (maybe 38mm I'm still undecided about size).

I think I'm going to try to pre-order all online for in-store pickup, however, if that's not available I'll go to the store in the evening and reserve.

24. rdowty macrumors 6502a

rdowty

I am. Two sport models. I white 38mm for my girlfriend and a black 42mm for myself.

25. Locoboof thread starter macrumors 65816

Locoboof

I'm concerned that if I can't pre-order for in store pickup at 12:01am on 4/10/15,that the pre-orders for in store might be gone by the time I'm off work and make it to the store.

So,I'll just pre-order online and go after work to try it out. If they still have pre-orders available when I'm at the store I'll cancel online (while I'm there) and re-order for in store pickup.

----------

That's cool! Seems a lot more people are buying two than I thought. :)