Anyone else actually LOVE the notch?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by SHKLMRE, Nov 5, 2017.

1. SHKLMRE macrumors 6502

I got so used to the notch and the rounded corners of the screen that I can't imagine going back.

the notch gives the X a very noticeable profile... when I open an app that doesn't embrace the notch, the phone literally looks like any other phone with an "all screen" design. I love the particular character it gives the phones. Also props to apple for nice using the software to embrace the notch.

2. big samm macrumors 65816

big samm

I don’t love it and I don’t hate it either, it’s there for a reason.

3. noobinator macrumors 603

noobinator

I’ve not really noticed it enough to love it or hate it. It’s a non issue to me. It’s just there.

4. shadow82x macrumors 6502

It's growing on me, I definitely don't hate it. :)

5. Gryzor macrumors 6502a

I wouldn't say I love it, but I do agree with you that it gives the phone a very distinctive look and character compared to all other phones out there. At some point things will go near-bezelless and notchless, and I'm sure we'll all like that too. It is what it is, at the end of the day, just a phone!

6. Bako-MacAddict macrumors 68000

Bako-MacAddict

Definitely grew on me. Don’t love it , but it doesn’t bother me whatsoever.

7. Rattyblowfish macrumors member

I actually like it. It doesn’t bother me at all. Just hope releases an update that shows the battery % inside the battery logo cause I really depend on it lol

8. MyNamesNotBob macrumors newbie

Using it I really don't mind it, but over a shoulder it looks like two stupid ears - I'm not going to cry about it though

9. SHKLMRE thread starter macrumors 6502

A Motorola razr is just a phone. This is the iPhone X

10. D1G1T4L macrumors 68000

D1G1T4L

So for those who love it. Will you be upset if they release the phone next year without the notch?

11. acctman macrumors 65816

acctman

I hate being that so many apps are not updated. I regular twice or more a day go to the App Store checking for updates and its disheartening to see apps being updated but do not include iPhone X UI update :(

We're losing about an inch of screen to black space on the top and bottom

12. SHKLMRE thread starter macrumors 6502

Yes!!! That is thing I can see coming! Especially since it’s just a software fix.

13. Gryzor macrumors 6502a

All opinions aside, it's still just a phone that serves its purpose just as well as any phone of this generation.
    Nope, for the same reason most people don't own an iPhone 3G - they upgraded.

14. D1G1T4L macrumors 68000

D1G1T4L

I didn' love not having an App store when the iPhone came out. Didn' mean I had to convince myself apps were not a good thing and just wait till Apple decided to embrace apps.

15. SHKLMRE thread starter macrumors 6502

Upset, no. It is what it is. However I actually think Apple will keep the notch for a long time to come.

16. D1G1T4L macrumors 68000

D1G1T4L

And that scares me. Personally I would hate to see Apple go with fashon over function. Thats just my opinion though.

17. bobtrotter, Nov 6, 2017
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 26, 2017

bobtrotter macrumors newbie

How can you possibly love it? It obscures part of the display in games and video. It's not symmetrical. It's a piece of crap. Just admit it and say you are ok accepting it.

18. ukms macrumors regular

ukms

I don't view the notch as space lost because its there for a reason ...... I view it as space gained either side of what would normally be a black bar or bezel, space that now contains time, signal, wifi etc ..... glass half full or half empty scenario :)

19. bambooshots macrumors 65816

bambooshots

I like the notch. It's a pretty cool way to move all up the status bar icons higher without having to deal with a bezel of -any- size.

20. Deeds500 macrumors 6502

Look, if I saw a wounded dog in distress, my heart would drop for it. But would I want to see a wounded dog in distress just so my heart could drop? No. Wanting to make the best of a bad thing is still not as good as avoiding the bad thing altogether. The notch sucks. That is all.

21. ukms macrumors regular

ukms

In your opinion of course ! ..... ;)

22. Relentless Power macrumors Penryn

Relentless Power

I would say the notch will remain in existence in the current form that it is for at least the next two generations of iPhones.

23. SHKLMRE thread starter macrumors 6502

Unless you’re an insider at Apple, we can only wait to find out.
    --- Post Merged, Nov 6, 2017 ---
    Aww man you sound so angry at the iPhone X. You sound like you’re the one that needs a life.

24. JonnyIreland macrumors 6502a

JonnyIreland

I made a similar thread, everyone said that I was "trying to justify spending $xxxx on a flawed product" :rolleyes:

25. Bagaholic macrumors member

Bagaholic

I don't hate the notch and I think it's the best way to do it for an all-screen design that needs a camera system in front. I use my phone every day and I've paid a lot more for things that I used a lot less so unless the iPhone costs $3000, I don't think I have to try to justify it.