Anyone else bored of their iPhone?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by GR33NIE, Sep 7, 2011.

1. GR33NIE macrumors 6502

I'm Mac through and through love the dam things don't get me wrong...iPod, iMac, iPad, iPhone i've got the lot but I must say I have been looking @ other phone options just recently

Maybe I'm getting itchy feet waiting for the iPhone 5 but how different is it *really* going to be over the 4 or 3GS? Same OS with tweaks here and there, probably still the best out but having owned an iPhone for many years now it's beginning to lose it's 'cool' factor in my eyes

Anyone else feeling the same? Considered ditching the platform for a year for maybe something else? :confused:

2. The Game 161 macrumors G5

The Game 161

Nope

I love my iPhone and I don't think anything else out there would be anything close

3. LSUtigers03 macrumors 68020

LSUtigers03

I get bored of any mobile OS if I use it exclusively which is why I switch between an iPhone 4 and an Atrix. Also my iPhone 4 lags constantly which pisses me off and pushes me to the Atrix more.

4. DJinTX macrumors 6502

Not bored with iPhone, just a bit tired of my 3Gs. It is running slower by the day and the battery life is getting worse. I need a new iPhone. As for other brands, I'm not interested. I need my Apple ecosystem, and no other phone can do that.

5. DroidRules macrumors 65816

You buy a phone because you think it's cool? There is your major issue right there. Most people buy phones because it's the best fit for their needs. Now if it's also "cool" then that's a bonus.

You really just should of added this post on with one of the 20 other threads just like this one. IF you don't want the iPhone any more then move on, no need to let the world know you're thinking about it. You don't need our approval to make the move, just do it and get on with your life.

I see post after post of people complaining about this and that related to iPhone and iOS...... if iPhone isn't what you want in a phone then make a change.

6. -MRB macrumors 6502

In a word. Yes. It's the same old stuff. I want something new.

And that something looks to be the Samsung Galaxy S2.

7. Azariah80 macrumors member

8. PDFierro macrumors 68040

It seems most people who change to Android or whatever else for a little bit, they almost always end up coming back. I'd just wait for iPhone 5.

9. twitt3r macrumors 6502

No. It's a phone, it allows me to make phone calls, receive phone calls, send messages and receive messages.

10. Kissaragi macrumors 68020

Nope, it still does what I need it to in a simple and beautiful way.

11. Typswif2fingers macrumors 6502

I think that Apple has, so far I am concerned, "deserved" for me to wait for their new phone... I am in the market for one... So, I am waiting to see what Apple will offer, soon I hope.

However, unlike those who follow Apple totally, agreeing with S. Jobs that people don't know what they want until they're given it.. I am fully cognisant what I want from my next mobile phone.

And to be honest, I do not think I want to much more than what I have with the iP3G(S) and the current iOS.. an inch in the screen size... thats about it...

I really wish I could get that with the next iP version... But... remains to be seen...

At the same time, I can see how someone could get bored with the iOS these days, especially after the Lion went so much like iOS... (not really, just feels that way)...

In any case.. more will be known.. hopefully soon.

12. vitzr macrumors 68030

vitzr

I'm not bored, but simply irritated that Apple will probably take another year to finally build one with a 4.3" screen (maybe).

If one does the math, you'll learn why it's become the predominant screen size in the Android series. 4.3" is exactly 16:9 widescreen aspect ratio. Therefore it's perfect for movies and video's.

However Apples a very ego centric company. Since Android has it, Apples afraid to follow. It's been proven for years & years that if Apples not the first, or if they can't fool people into thinking they were, they won't do it.

I've been using two lines for years. One for my iPhone and one for the newest Android model. Therefore I've got a lot of time and enjoyment out of a 4.3" display with Android. It's terrific, so naturally I'd really like it in an iPhone.

But the bad news is I know Apple.

It's not gonna happen for iPhone 5. Sad but true. Apple knows they will sell whatever they build. It doesn't matter, Apples a religion to the masses.

13. Frenchjay macrumors 68000

Frenchjay

14. CWT1965 macrumors 6502

Being bored with iPhone and wanting to change to another phone is like Megan Fox's partner saying he is bored of Megan and wants to be with Susan Boyle

15. war eagle macrumors 6502a

Like someone else said earlier i'm not bored, i'm irritated with my iPhone 4. Proximity sensor has went to crap and I don't know if my antenna went bad or what, but I don't pick up service a lot of places anymore and I think that is strange.

I'm going to pick up another phone today probably the Nexus S and use that until a.)iPhone 5 is announced and take it back or b.) until the Galaxy S II drops for AT&T.

That phone just looks simply amazing but I know the iPhone 5 isn't going to be anything short of great so we'll see!

Got my iPad 2 so I don't get too Apple sick, lol.

16. aziatiklover macrumors 68030

aziatiklover

Love it, but I still change it every year for the new one!

17. PhoneI macrumors 65816

No way would i ever buy an iPhone with a 4.3" screen. Way too big. I might as well just put my iPad up to my ear.

18. aztooh macrumors 6502a

If that's all you're doing on your iPhone, why not just stick to a feature-phone?

19. ericg301 macrumors 6502a

If you're bored with your iPhone, then find new apps.

That's the beauty of the iPhone - the OS gets out of the way (it "just works") so you can focus on the 200,000 or so apps that make life easier, entertain you, etc. Yes, by itself the iPhone could be considered "boring," but it's more or less a blank slate to customize to your needs with apps.

Compare this to most android phones - where the OS is front, center, and obtrusive.

20. aztooh macrumors 6502a

Clueless

http://pictures.recombu.com/phones/1053/1312562681_w760_h507.jpg

Clearly a device with a 4.3" screen is verrrrry similar in size to a ~10" tablet.

Why are so many people incapable of thinking for themselves instead of letting someone else tell them what's best for them?

21. LouisLivesLife macrumors regular

LouisLivesLife

I don't think there is anything wrong with buying a product that you find 'cool'.
    I both love mac and pc, however I have a macbook pro. In al objectiveness i could have just put together my own pc that would have 2 times the ram a beteer hard drive and graphic card as as the mac I have right now for the same price, but then again it wouldn't look as beautiful and wouldn't run OSX Lion.. Don't all apple users like a nice and elegant design?

22. ahbdesign macrumors member

I can understand how people can get bored of iOS because I would have similar patches of boredom with my iPhone too.

But then I think to myself, why am I using my iPhone? Well first and foremost, there is not a better phone out there that handles music this well, and I listen to a lot of music so it's obvious why I use the iPhone.

Secondly, having a Mac also means syncing works nicely and seamlessly. Thirdly the app store, whenever I get slightly bored, I scout for apps/games and there are some amazing ones out there. But if you're still bored, then well jailbreak is your best option as that really opens up customization and keeps you entertained.

23. aztooh macrumors 6502a

Setting up your homescreens exactly how you want, and having widgets that show you info without having to actually launch the app make the OS obtrusive??? Realllly?!?!?! Or how about widgets to toggle settings right on your homescreen instead of diving into menus? That obtrusive too?

You know what IS obtrusive? iOS notifications for the last 4+ years. What you're doing is interrupted and input is required to make it go away...or no notification at all. And now the best they could do is blatantly copy Android.

I could go on. Both have their pros and cons for sure...but lets try to make a good argument next time.

24. ahbdesign macrumors member

+1

Have been so annoyed with the notification system on iOS3/4 so am eagerly waiting for iOS 5! I'm glad they copied android lol.

25. noekozz macrumors 6502a

noekozz

What I don't understand is all these threads with people asking if they should switch to another phone or wait for the i5. Do your own research and find out your personal wants, then try out another phone if you wish. Most carriers give you a grace period.......... Android is not for you? go back to iOS. There's no way of comparing an Android device to the new i5 because it hasn't been released yet. Hopefully once the new i5 is released, many can actually sit and compare and make a reasonable decision as to which mobile device they want.

What does get boring is most of these threads eventually turning into an Android VS iOS battle. Sure we want the latest and greatest, but in today's tech world, what comes out today will be obsolete within 6 months time.

/end rant