Anyone else brainwashed by the apple event on switching to white?

Discussion in 'iPad' started by mgsolidsnak3, Mar 9, 2012.

1. mgsolidsnak3 macrumors member

I have order a black 32GB wifi iPad as soon as the UK store opened and I had confirmation from blogs that the new iPad had a retina display.
    I have never considered the white version of the iPad until the next day when I have watched the whole apple event.

Apple used in the their presentation & advertisements even in their webpage the white iPad almost exclusively. This got me thinking of switching to the white version. I guess I was brainwashed by the whole presentation of the product.

The only issue with switching the order is that it will send me back from 16 of March delivery time to 3 weeks waiting time.

Your thoughts?

2. motoleo macrumors 6502a

motoleo

I felt brainwashed as well. The marketing for this product is the best I've ever seen. I want one, but I don't know why.

3. HazyCloud macrumors 68030

HazyCloud

Wait to get the black one in. Use it for a few days and then go to an Apple Store with it in hand. Try out the white and decide if you'd like to return it. I think you have 14 days from delivery to return it. I'd double check to make sure.

I did something similar when the 4S came out. I went to Best Buy and used both white and black iPad models before deciding on the white 4S. On an iPad however, I always go black as it's more of a media device and the white seems distracting to me. (I will say however the white 4S hasn't ever bothered me.)

4. MH01 macrumors G4

MH01

I went white, cause I have always had the black versions. Just for change.

Does not matter what we say, its your OWN personal preference.

I was never into the white, when into the Apple store a few months back to play with the Ipad 2, and I was impressed. I liked it. So I decided my next one was a white one.

5. Cutwolf macrumors 6502

There's a 3 week wait in the UK?

Anyway, no way on white for me.

Black "disappears" easier for me when watching media.

Black doesn't show dirt and grime as easily.

It's ultimately a personal preference, but on a device meant to travel and handheld, I can't imagine going white. Same reason I won't buy a white keyboard.

6. Sydryx macrumors member

I had a black iPad 1 (obviously), and then switched to a white iPad 2. After the honeymoon period with the iPad 2, I started to wish I had gotten the black one. I find the black bezel makes the screen "pop" more than the white version. But to each their own.

Impatiently waiting for my black "new iPad" as I type this....

7. bobright macrumors 601

^yea with retina the screen would pop more on a black screen/frame IMO

8. ucfgrad93 macrumors P6

ucfgrad93

No brainwashing here. I have not bought an iPad yet, and don't plan buying one anytime soon.

9. mszpara macrumors regular

no, their brainwashing antics didn't work on me. I ordered a black one.

10. Macostendoto macrumors member

I agree that Apple seems to be pushing the white models of their iPhone and iPad a whole lot more. Perhaps they are moving back to the signature white look to avoid confusion will all the other pure black tablets out there ex. Galaxy tab, Motorola Xoom.

11. richlee111 macrumors regular

I'm the other way around. I like my iPhones black and my iPads white. The black phone is b/c its carried around in public more and white stands out too much imo. Black is classy.

As for the iPad, I like the white. I use it more or less for media consumption, and the white makes me feel more "relaxed." Weird answer I know, but it is definitely subjective.

12. HazyCloud macrumors 68030

HazyCloud

I completely agree it's subjective. It's all up to what you like. For the record, my "new iPhone" will be back to black.

13. Buckeyestar, Mar 9, 2012
    Last edited: Mar 9, 2012

Buckeyestar macrumors 6502a

Buckeyestar

The white is under glass, it won't show any dirt or grime that you won't also see on your black one. And the white shows far fewer fingerprints.

As for the black "disappearing", that's something I don't get. It's not like the picture fills the bezel area. It's still an image in a frame, no matter what color the frame is.

14. bobright macrumors 601

well its why when you got to the movies everything is a dark setting white stands out even in the dark

15. boy-better-know macrumors 65816

boy-better-know

I went for white for the first time this time. Not because I particularly like the white one, but because my iPad 2 is black and I will mix them up. But my sister has a white iPad 2 so they will get mixed anyway. Just fancied a change.

16. tranceFusion macrumors member

you guys are making me want to cancel my order and get white instead..

17. Buckeyestar macrumors 6502a

Buckeyestar

No, they turn out the lights in a theater because they're using a projector. I don't turn out the lights at home while watching a movie.

18. greytmom macrumors 68040

greytmom

Not me. When I bought iPad 2 (not on launch day) I went to the Apple Store and spent some time with the white one. I really didn't like it - to me, the white didn't look clean white - more yellowish white, and it kept drawing my eye away from the screen. This solidified my decision to stick with black, and I haven't regretted it.

19. BBman macrumors member

I was brainwashed, due to those attractive adverts I was more inclined to get the white model this time around. I will use the iPad for casual browsing use around the house and I feel the white bezel will be perfect for that.

Got a 16gb white wi-fi on the way.

20. TonicAngel macrumors regular

I got white this time. I wanted a white phone, but at the time the 4 came out white was not avaliable. I decided to get white for a change. Depending on how I like the white ipad after having it for a while, I might go white on an iphone this year as well. We'll see. :)

21. spiderman0616 macrumors 68030

spiderman0616

I think the white looks cheap for some reason. I don't mind it so much on the iPhone or iPod Touch, but I really don't like it on the iPad.

22. Cutwolf macrumors 6502

No, but at least with me, I tend to notice white in my peripheral/out of focus areas a lot longer than I do black.

Also, at night or in dimmer lighting, black will blend in more.

Really, though, it's a personal choice. If you pref white, get white.

23. thuchu1 macrumors regular

thuchu1

Now there's some pertinant input. I never though of not buying one! Now I don't have to make that choice :rolleyes:

24. wirelessness macrumors 6502

How many threads on Black vs. White do we need? Come on Mods.

25. HelveticaNeue macrumors 6502a

HelveticaNeue

I almost gave in. I stressed about it for several hours. I even pre-ordered both a black and a white, but finally cleared my head and cancelled the white the next morning.

Personally, there is something about the colour/sheen of the Home button the whites that bothers me. It just doesn't seem to match the white bezel as much as the black model's home button does.