Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

cambookpro

macrumors 604
Feb 3, 2010
United Kingdom
Can you think of a new iPhone Apple introduced that didn't have some kind of revolutionary new breakthrough technology? It's really unfair to say Apple isn't pushing the envelope that much. Every new iPhone brings something remarkable to the table. I'm 100% sure we won't be disappointed this year with the 5S.

Someone's been drinking too much Apple Kool-Aid ;)

Seriously though, I love Apple but even I can see that the 4S and possibly the 5 were incremental upgrades at best. The 4S bought Siri... which still is a beta.

I definitely think that it's fair to expect a little more from a company with billions upon billions in the bank. I'll still buy iPhones, but they seem to always be catching up now rather than pulling away.

OneMike

macrumors 603
Oct 19, 2005
Interesting. Have we become such a throwaway society that a year old phone is old? Phones aren't pushing the tech envelope that much IMO. I like tech like the next guy but that says a lot about where we've come to!

Up until last year with yearly upgrades and selling your old device. It basically paid to upgrade.

I do agree phones aren't pushing boundaries so much though.

EdMan

macrumors 6502a
Oct 17, 2011
Michigan
I've been an iPhone user since the original followed by the 3G, 3Gs and then the 4s. I could upgrade back in May and my wife broke her screen and we both got iphone 5. I debated waiting for the 5s but when I thought about the incremental upgrades and what I use my phone for, I could skip this go round. My 4s was fine to be honest. I think iOS7 is a good enough change for me.

solo118

macrumors 65816
May 16, 2011
Based on what I see, I have no problem sticking with the 5, but I love to have the newest so I will most likely get it.

Also I am loving the graphite color, I am not a fan of the slate.

BlindMellon

macrumors 65816
Apr 4, 2011
bought a 3GS a year after it came out. held onto that when the 4 came out. year later bought a used 4. used that for a year or so and bought a new 4s when the 5 came out (lot of reasons why i'm nothing buying the 5 series). still using the 4s, but only 16gig ram. will hop right on a 5C if they have 32gigs. otherwise, i'll keep the 4s.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.