Anyone else happy with 16GB?

Discussion in 'iPad' started by shakeman0, Mar 16, 2012.

1. shakeman0 macrumors 6502a

shakeman0

There have been a lot of threads talking about how 16GB is a unusable amount of space now. So far, I'm good to go with my 16. Of course I'm going to have to do more media management like maybe sometimes choosing which games I want to have on it, but I really don't mind doing that on occasion. Anyone else feel the same way?

2. marzxbarz macrumors member

I'm content with 16 gb as well. I've still got 12 gb left after installing my apps, which only took about 1 gb. I have my music on iTunes Match and always delete unused programs anyway. No regrets with my 16 gb :)

3. taipan61 macrumors 6502

extremely happy
    for storage i use dropbox, icloud, or my satellite hard drive (upgraded to 1gb)
    so storage isn't really an issue

4. Le Buzz macrumors member

I'm hoping that 16 will be enough for me. This is my first iPad, and I purchased it mainly to browse the web. I'm finding that the experience watching TV shows and movies is spectacular thou, especially with the retina display.

32 would definitely be nice, but I think I can get by with 16 if I'm a little more selective, and opt to use iCloud a little more.

5. SAIRUS macrumors 6502a

Same here, doing pretty decent with it. Some apps and music never make it to the iPad. It's just more practical to have them on the iPhone.

6. Eddieskis macrumors newbie

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 5_1 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/534.46 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.1 Mobile/9B176 Safari/7534.48.3)

I had 32gb yesterday and today changed for 16gb . I had 17gb used yesterday which included all of i life I work a few large games 300songs and 5gb of movies so I believe the 14.5gb available in the 16gb version is enough . Especially using iCloud Dropbox and air video ...

7. ihatephish macrumors regular

I'm exchanging mine tomorrow for a 64gb (in white).

8. VicTheBerg macrumors member

I gotta hand it to you guys. I installed my old apps from my previous iPad, without buying anything new. And ended up at about 9 gb. With some movies, and some apps that take up more space the more I use them I could never get by with 16 gb.

I only had 32 gb on the iPad 1 and 2. But went with 64 this time, mostly because my new internet connection sucks.

9. Robert M. macrumors 6502a

Robert M.

Honestly I never put any movies on my previous iPad and I think the same is going to happen with this new one. I stream everything so 16 gigs is enough for me.

10. batotman macrumors 6502

I restored from my iPad 1 backup. My iPad 1 was a 32gb. So I've used 3.3GB. If I want to watch videos I'll just stream using Air Video from my server.

11. eikast macrumors member

Trust me, do yourself a favor and get a 64 GB version. Pay the extra 200 dollars and never worry about having enough space.

12. jbLighty macrumors newbie

Im happy with 16gb since I am mainly going to use it for browsing, but if I was into mobile games then 16gb wouldn't be enough. Some games are over 1gb :eek:

13. ixodes macrumors 601

ixodes

I'm very happy with 16GB. It's the ideal size for my use.

I have my massive iTunes library residing on my Mac Pro server, so I can rotate the content as I like on my various iOS devices.

Movies don't interest me, since I prefer to view them on my widescreen 65" Samsung Smart LED TV that's one component in my home theatre.

14. NameUndecided macrumors 6502a

I didn't need more than 16gb before, and that seems to still be the case. Even if a good few apps blow up in file size, I'll still be fine.

I don't play games - or at least don't keep them on very long if I do. I use iTunes Match for my music, and I have enough movies through Netflix, Hulu, HBOGo and MaxGo and AirVideo.

I put five movies and three television show episodes on just to fill in like half of the space, but I don't feel cramped about it because I don't actually *need* any of the videos stored on at once.

Yay! No worries about it for me.

15. imeth macrumors regular

Lol this is a self-reassured topic. Come on deep down you know you made a mistake and wanting maybe a 32. You are very limited with the 16 lol

16. danielxute macrumors member

I installed all my apps when I got it and got really scared when I had 5gbs left. Deleted a bunch of iPhone only apps and 2 map apps and I have 11gb left. No regrets. :D but sadly my second iPad (first had a dent) has 3 specks of dust under the glass and a dead pixel... :(

17. AutomaticHaze macrumors regular

I'm happy with my 16 GB as well. This is my first iPad, I just could not see parting with 600+ for a tablet. I don't want to put movies on my iPad or music, just apps and magazines. So I'm happy with my purchase :p

18. macbrooke macrumors regular

macbrooke

16 gigs is awesome! This is not a computer, thats what my MacBook is for!

19. Mansu944 macrumors regular

I've got 4 large games, 20 other misc apps and I have lots of room left. I have my music on my phone and I do not watch movies on my iPad (other than Netflix). So to save $100-200 I think I can live with 16gb just fine.

20. celinedion1 macrumors member

I love it, I have 9.7 gigs left after installing all my apps & books. I plan on getting more apps over the weekend. Since I mainly play casual games on it, I think I should be set.

21. desertrat23 macrumors member

I was really sweating 16GB, but now that everything is loaded and configured the way I want it I think it will be just fine.

22. Eddie Bombay macrumors 6502

16 GB is perfect if you're like me and have different tablets for different purposes.

Phone: 48 GB Galaxy Note (daily driver)
    Main tablet: 64GB ICS Asus Transformer w/ 32 GB dock. (day to day stuff)
    2nd tablet: 16 GB 3rd gen iPad (family photos & non Android apps)

23. MagnumJoe macrumors regular

16GB is working for me. I stream my movies and use Netflix's and iTunes , no need to store movies on my new iPad when I can stream.

24. spriter macrumors 65816

spriter

Fine for me too. Think I'm barely half-full since we mainly use it for books and non-fat apps. And cloud storage is the way forward so no need for large local storage.

25. MultiFinder17 macrumors 68000

MultiFinder17

I have all of the apps that I want, several thousand of my photos, and enough music to get me through on my 16GB iPad, and I still have a little over a gig free for new stuff :)

I honestly have virtually no videos in iTunes - most of my videos come from Netflix, and those that I do have in iTunes, I can just stream them from my computer which is on all the time. Besides, I have a 32GB iPhone with all of my music on it on the off chance that I want to listen to something that's not on my iPad. I've been happy with a 16GB iPad for two years now, so here's to the future :)